As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

If it's blue, it must be MEGA MAN(-esque)!

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Hell yes.

ngl I really want a Ride Armor mod.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I think Mega Man Legends would have been a better fit (I can still cross my fingers there), but this looks pretty hype as it is.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    IceBurner
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    My favorite Mega Man (and other game franchises) remixer made a version of the Rockman.EXE Stream ending theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1m9szrs88o

LBD_Nytetrayn
    So hey...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHXdlMTWxA4&list=PLvRJf4sy8d-s0g73r8Z3AxvYPOkYex7jS

NT Warrior is on YouTube now, for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQE9Y3TsSrU&list=PLvRJf4sy8d-teYYZQJh0epBfFEvpnNKad

Axess, too, though the first episode is the Rockman.EXE version subtitled, for some reason.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    Hexmage-PA
    New manga short set 20 years after the end of Battle Network 6. We finally get to see Lan and Mayl's son Patch (though no sign of Mega Man Jr.).

https://www.capcom-games.com/megaman/exe/en-us/comics/

IanatorLBD_NytetraynDonnicton
    edited April 2023
    LBD_Nytetrayn on
    Andy Joe
    I'm seeing that apparently MMBNLC has sold better in Japan than Mega Man 11 did in the same time frame.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    That's not too surprising. Nostalgia usually wins out over next iteration. I'm curios how it stacks up to 9's release.

steam_sig.png
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    When you realize over a hundred hours worth of Mega Man games (only beat the first two) you've never gotten to play before just fell into your lap. Goddamn.

This is going to a be good week.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    IanatorNitsua
    Mega Man X DiVE is dead.

Well, dying.

The sketchy NebulaJoy version says they're sticking around, though.

But it's mobile-only, and you can't transfer your stuff from the Taiwan server (which the Steam version used) over.

So, Happy Rockman Day, everyone! I guess.

IanatorAndy Joe
    "You going to announce anything special for Rockman day, Capcom?"

"...What the hell is Rockman?"

Donnicton
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    "You going to announce anything special for Rockman day, Capcom?"

"...What the hell is Rockman?"

What, cancelling their mobile gacha isn't special enough? ;P

Dr. ChaosFrem
    Watching the Capcom Showcase. Only Mega Man related content is an offline version of Mega Man X Dive followed by like 15 minutes on something called Exoprimal that Capcom seems to really want to be the next big thing.

Yep.

Pros: DiVE is preserved after it goes, well, offline.

Cons: Well, mostly. Apparently collaborative characters won't be included, which sucks. There were some really neat ones, and it can't be a rights issue, since they were all Capcom stuff. Several modes are also being removed.

Nothing from the online version transfers over. This especially sucks if you spent money on it.

Speaking of money, looks like this one's a paid purchase, not free-to-play. I'm hearing that means no gacha stuff, but I'm not sure that's official yet. Hopefully it's priced cheap.

It's not on any platform it wasn't on already. Some of it might have been forgivable, if I could play it from the comfort of my sofa on Xbox or Switch or something.

Nitsua
    edited June 2023
    https://youtu.be/f3dWzO6cxrs

Dead, but got better. Platforms include Steam, so I might actually give it a look now. I can't abide mobile game controls.

Delzhand on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    mega man x dive: offline

that name just really sums up the current state of the mega man franchise doesn't it

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Dr. ChaosDelzhand
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I had no interest in the Megaman gacha game but removing all the gacha from it and putting it on Steam as a standalone game? You have my attention.

Andy JoeCururu
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »

Dead, but got better. Platforms include Steam, so I might actually give it a look now. I can't abide mobile game controls.

It’s been on Steam for awhile now. It plays great with a controller, except it’s super obvious it’s a mobile game. Hopefully they remove all the mobile jank before releasing it as a paid game.

LBD_Nytetrayn
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Anyone know how the battle network collection plays on the steam deck

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Nitsua wrote: »

It’s been on Steam for awhile now. It plays great with a controller, except it’s super obvious it’s a mobile game. Hopefully they remove all the mobile jank before releasing it as a paid game.

I hope they get rid of random dodging/blocking, I'm fine if they have to remove random crits at the same time. It was especially egregious when an obstacle barring your path somehow "dodged" a sword being swung at it.

edited June 2023
    LBD_Nytetrayn on
    KoopahTroopah
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Saw this pop up on my YT subscriptions:

https://youtu.be/hnwIQ3hpDTk

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    NaphtaliEndless_SerpentsIanatorThegreatcow
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    That one's been on my radar for a bit. Last time I checked, the release date was just "TBA 2023," so it's nice to see an actual date.

NaphtaliEndless_Serpents
    The color palette in this game is really doing it for me.

physi_marc
    Gravity Circuit is out now, and it's fantastic. I think this game has the potential to be a new favorite of the speedrun community.

Andy JoeFremKupiIanatorLBD_NytetraynEndless_Serpents
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Gravity Circuit is out now, and it's fantastic. I think this game has the potential to be a new favorite of the speedrun community.

The double-jump chip absolutely explodes the game's level design such that I actually forgot that the grappling hook existed for most of the game-- and I suspect that combining the two will create some absolutely amazing movement tech.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    edited July 2023
    Oh! I almost forgot to share this here:

If you're a fan of the old Ruby-Spears Mega Man cartoon from the '90s, you'll want to check this out. Hm, then again... if you're a fan of the old Ruby-Spears Mega Man cartoon from the '90s, you might not!

LBD_Nytetrayn on

Are you playing it on Switch, or some other platform? Seems like the perfect fit for Switch, and it doesn't look like it would be incredibly taxing, but I've been burned by too many Switch ports to make any assumptions anymore.

Switch, yeah. I haven't noticed any performance issues in handheld mode. I haven't beat it yet but I'm in the, uh, Wily Stages.

Ugh, my backlog of 2D handheld games is getting pretty big, but I've really been wanting to play this one.

This game works pretty well with the SNES controller. It's actually kind of surprising how many 2D games don't play nice with it. The only downside is there's no home button and you can't just turn on another controller to go home so you have to undock it just to go home, but that's just poor hardware design choices from Nintendo, and not a slight against this game.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    This game works pretty well with the SNES controller. It's actually kind of surprising how many 2D games don't play nice with it. The only downside is there's no home button and you can't just turn on another controller to go home so you have to undock it just to go home, but that's just poor hardware design choices from Nintendo, and not a slight against this game.

Assuming you're just wanting to turn the system off, you can just press the power button. At the very least you're not having to undock the system.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    I'm at the end of Gravity Circuit and the last boss is really hard. I didn't go out of my way to clean up missing upgrades, so I'm trying really hard with what I've got and getting better every time. It actually feels a lot like the last boss of Metroid Dread. The enemy attacks just come out some quickly, like you've got just a few frames to react so it's more about knowing what the boss can do next than reacting to what they're doing.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited July 2023
    Im pretty sure I was at Comic Con when they released the MMU trailer. (Old man memory is fuzzy) Man that was awesome. I wanted that so bad.

Edit: accidentally replying to months old post about the planned MMU dlc

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    LBD_Nytetrayn
    I was looking forward to it, too... despite them apparently doing every possible thing wrong behind the scenes.

edited September 2023
    LBD_Nytetrayn on
    edited September 2023
    LBD_Nytetrayn on
    cloudeagle