As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

If it's blue, it must be MEGA MAN(-esque)!

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    MM1, Wily bad
    MM2, Wily bad again
    MM3, Wily good, but no really Wily bad. MM had brother.
    MM4, new bad guy, but actually Wily bad
    MM5, Protoman bad, j/k Wily bad
    MM6, new bad guy, j/k Wily (in disguise) bad

To be fair, this is all the plot any of the megamans ever needed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 16
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I swear, the only MegaMan games to get any kind of "ending" are the ones outside the main timeline.

The Zero series did, too.
    MM1, Wily bad
    MM2, Wily bad again
    MM3, Wily good, but no really Wily bad. MM had brother.
    MM4, new bad guy, but actually Wily bad
    MM5, Protoman bad, j/k Wily bad
    MM6, new bad guy, j/k Wily (in disguise) bad

In fairness, I think Classic is meant to be more like their Mario or Sonic, in a manner of speaking. After all, that's the one with the board, soccer, and kart racing games.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    When I say something about the Mega Man games not having a good and/or memorable story, I don't really mean it as an insult. I don't play MM games for an engaging narrative, but because they're fun action-platformers. They could do MM Classic style stories for all the games in all the spin-offs, and I wouldn't care.

• Options
    I mean... fair. There's probably something out there I like to play that I don't care about the story/characters/etc. in much, too.

If I'm being honest, though, I think Capcom could probably be doing a lot more with some of this stuff...

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Classic MM is like Mario. It's fine that it has a paper thin story to it. There's technically an end point to it... but they're never ever going to do it, so there's no point pining for it.

X series is when they actually decided to have a plot. And it's a good plot! Just sucks that they suck/ed at telling it.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    It doesn't help that the X series came out during an era where video games were still ... not great at telling stories.

• Options
    Classic MM is like Mario. It's fine that it has a paper thin story to it. There's technically an end point to it... but they're never ever going to do it, so there's no point pining for it.

X series is when they actually decided to have a plot. And it's a good plot! Just sucks that they suck/ed at telling it.

Yeah, I can agree with this.

Doesn't help that so much material behind it was typically relegated to Japanese-only guidebooks and such.

As for Classic, yeah, I seem to be in the minority in that I don't think it should end. At the same time, I'm all for having an ending.

My go-to example for what I mean is Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. It basically told us how the Batman/Joker story ended, but that didn't keep them from doing new chapters as part of Justice League. (Though a far, FAR stupider reason prevented it in Justice League Unlimited, but I digress.)

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited January 18
    The Capcom inconsistency meant Mega Man went from a stone faced killer in one game taking an attempted kill shot at Willy, to quite possibly the wimpiest English VAing ever in some titles.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    The Capcom inconsistency meant Mega Man went from a stone faced killer in one game taking an attempted kill shot at Willy, to quite possibly the wimpiest English VAing ever in some titles.

elmer fudd doctor light

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options

And how!

I think my favorite tidbit of trivia regarding MM8's voice acting is that it was basically done at the same time as X4. To the degree, IIRC, that the VAs didn't even know which of the two games they were recording for at any given time.

• Options
    edited January 23
    I almost forgot to share this here.

If anyone IS interested in a Mega Man with more story, NintendoComplete posted a complete playthrough of Super Adventure Rockman on their channel, complete with English subtitles baked in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAjNCG51Hy0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEW0TSRWvPk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeLn3PGTVfY

Ahhh... that startup.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Crap... I might buy that humble bundle even though I have MM11 and MMLC on PC already... And MM9 and 10 xbox

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know if that coupon for 50% off MegaMan Battle Network expires? Could I save it to stack with a traditional Steam Sale discount?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited February 12
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if that coupon for 50% off MegaMan Battle Network expires? Could I save it to stack with a traditional Steam Sale discount?

Valid until Mar 6, 2024, 6:00:00 PM

Single use coupon. Coupon redeemable for MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK LEGACY COLLECTION (VOL. 1 + VOL. 2) - 50% Off Coupon in the Humble Store. This coupon may not be combined with other identical coupons in the same transaction, and may not be combined with other Humble Bundle coupons. Coupon must be redeemed at time of checkout by following the directions provided for coupon redemption. Coupon has no cash value. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Coupon may not be reproduced, copied, purchased, traded or sold. Unauthorized transfer of coupon and internet distribution strictly prohibited.

Anyone one a key for MM11 or MMLC v1?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Anyone one a key for MM11 or MMLC v1?

Only if no one else does.

I mean, I have both on multiple devices, but I don't have any Mega Man on Steam except for DiVE. So while I wouldn't mind seeing what kinds of mods might be out there, it's not been a high priority for me, y'know?

Nice, but not strictly speaking necessary.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I was really close to buying that MM humble bundle and falling down a rabbithole of nostalgia, but apparently Capcom broke steam deck compatibility. Bully to them.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    did they ever patch mega man x collection to fix the input lag? I watched a video that showed all platforms have bad input lag; maybe there's mods for it on PC? Ive been holding back on nabbing it on PC or Switch because of that issue
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvZkty_FQHA

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited February 12
    I haven’t noticed any horrible lag on switch undocked but that tends to be a very favorable platform (by switch standards at least) because it eliminates a lot of tv associated display lag that might otherwise be present.

“Best” way to go is original hardware, ofc. The thing with that though, is that I swear for all people say the games on these collections are unchanged I swear the originals on SNES have more slowdown…. Could be just my imagination though.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I was really close to buying that MM humble bundle and falling down a rabbithole of nostalgia, but apparently Capcom broke steam deck compatibility. Bully to them.

What happened?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    edited February 26
    LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    edited March 6
    LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
  • Options
    I've been wanting to see less pseudo-8-bit looking garbage from the indie scene and more high-res-PS1 looking stuff. Definitely adding it to my release radar.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    A new MegaMan game? Oh wait, no. It's just a collaboration with Exoprimal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ6ny55i0E0

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    I'll allow it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    There's also a Mega Man collab happening in Street Fighter 6.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Not really the thread to ask, but is it just me, or did Exoprimal come and go with barely a ripple? For a semi live-services game you never really hear much about it.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Not really the thread to ask, but is it just me, or did Exoprimal come and go with barely a ripple? For a semi live-services game you never really hear much about it.

if it hit, I haven't really seen it in any of the communities I follow. also that mega man model looks ghastly to me for some reason

• Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular

this looks quite good. I also enjoyed Gravity Circuit, which is Megaman but you have a melee attack instead of a ranged attack.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    TelMarine wrote: »

this looks quite good. I also enjoyed Gravity Circuit, which is Megaman but you have a melee attack instead of a ranged attack.

If you want more info, the text is a review link there.

And yeah, Gravity Circuit is one I've gotten, but not gotten to play much of yet.

Protodroid Delta is also on my radar.

• Options
  • Options
    mega man's back

in pog form

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Instead of Metal Sonic it's Metal Mega Man

... wait a second

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited March 15
    mega man's also back... in amiibo restock form on the US nintendo store! (I nabbed him and kirby while kirby was still in stock)
    https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/amiibo-mega-man-super-smash-bros-100977/

Zavian on
  • Options
    Dang, I still need the MM11 version.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    that's a dangerous amount of anime

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    mmm

cheesecake

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    I love cheesecake.

I don't love upskirt shots of girls that look 13.