As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

If it's blue, it must be MEGA MAN(-esque)!

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    I'm kind of tempted to get it on Xbone simply because I don't have any games on it...

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Grove wrote: »
    I'm kind of tempted to get it on Xbone simply because I don't have any games on it...

This is my fucking life story right here.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Update on this hilariously terrible survey situation

Seems like many people, myself included, have not gotten the email with the most recent survey link

Was about to complain to them on twitter about it. (Did not get an email either >.<) But apparently they said it is going out in waves that should conclude by Thursday. I hope this is correct.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I just got my survey.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yeah, finally got mine also

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngbHOz--oc

Presented without comment.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Ewwwwwwwwwww

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    make the bad guys cry like an anime fan on prome night!

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Oh boy.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular

Yeah that was pretty cringey.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    What is going on with this game...

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what they hope to accomplish by mocking anime fans in their product trailer. They've already squandered their consumer good will, may as well toss the rest out?

I was hoping they'd take the hint about how "generic Unity" the game looks and actually take this time to improve the anything, but it doesn't look like they've made any effort at all.

Honestly I kind of feel bad for Inafune, he meant well starting off but at this point he's shown to basically be a Japanese Tim Schafer.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I still don't get the Tim Schafer hate...

Was going to ask what was wrong with the trailer but looks like it's a dialog thing. I can only watch it with sound off right now.

Do wish they would have polished the graphics more though. I don't think I hate them as much as some people but they are definitely very plasticy. I compare it to Bloodstained which used the same 2d in 3d approach but came up with some great filters to still make it look really nice.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    I came here to post, but instead I will simply reiterate:

"And make the bad guys cry like an anime fan on prom night."

With every update in the past two years, I become only more confident in my decision to not back this game.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I still don't get the Tim Schafer hate...

Was going to ask what was wrong with the trailer but looks like it's a dialog thing. I can only watch it with sound off right now.

Do wish they would have polished the graphics more though. I don't think I hate them as much as some people but they are definitely very plasticy. I compare it to Bloodstained which used the same 2d in 3d approach but came up with some great filters to still make it look really nice.

OOOHHHHH it sure is a dialogue thing.

I mean, the game looks fun. That is about it. The visuals look like some kind of alpha/beta product and the changes made to the expected formula sure don't bring out that strong nostalgic feeling.

So all there is to go on is the game looks fun.

If anything the best features might be all the crazy stuff having it be a successful kickstarter forced it to include.

But oh dear lord that trailer. Even if you take everything as just a casual joke, its pretty bad. Cause none of it was funny or witty.

I think the prom night line is going to be up there with "Remember me" as far as horrible gaming trailer moments go.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I just can't wait to see where this rollercoaster goes next.

• Options
    I came here to post, but instead I will simply reiterate:

"And make the bad guys cry like an anime fan on prom night."

With every update in the past two years, I become only more confident in my decision to not back this game.

It's right up there with "John Romero's about to make you his bitch"

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Cant wait for that upcoming Anime adaption!

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    To be completely fair, anime fans are the worst and are deserving of ridicule

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

That is an unnecessary and unfair generalization.

• Options
    RockinX wrote: »

As an anime fan myself, I can say that it is 100% accurate

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular

Much like how I briefly "ate vegan" as opposed to "being vegan", there's a critical semantic difference between "anime fans" and "fans of anime".

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh I get it: Mega Man had bad American box art, so Mighty No. 9 has bad American trailers.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

Much like how I briefly "ate vegan" as opposed to "being vegan", there's a critical semantic difference between "anime fans" and "fans of anime".

Eh, I don't agree. I think "anime fans" and "fans of anime" are the same thing. I think what you are referring to is a subset of anime fans that take it to a different level, which I would agree with, but I wouldn't call them "anime fans". There are other monikers I think that refer to that subset specifically.

That's neither here nor there though, I think we can all agree that trailer is atrocious.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    You know, I've long thought that we nerds need to lighten up and learn to laugh at ourselves more. Embrace the inadvertently goofy parts of nerd culture. The Big Bang Theory is ultimately harmless. That kind of thing.

...but there's really no way "And make the bad guys cry like an anime fan on prom night" looks good. Especially when the game appeals to anime fans.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Cringe-worthy lines and cheetos explosion aside, the trailer makes me sad. That's a LOT of dashing. Dashing all the time! If you could turn off the score multiplier overlay, I might enjoy it, but I really don't dig words flying all over the face of gameplay all the time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's not because the line is OFFENSIVE to anime fans or whatever, but the whole tone, writing, and delivery of that ad is just straight-up terrible. Like you gets hints maybe it's supposed to be tongue in cheek, but then you realize it...really isn't.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    It's not because the line is OFFENSIVE to anime fans or whatever, but the whole tone, writing, and delivery of that ad is just straight-up terrible. Like you gets hints maybe it's supposed to be tongue in cheek, but then you realize it...really isn't.

Yeah, the whole thing actually made the game sound terrible.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Cringe-worthy lines and cheetos explosion aside, the trailer makes me sad. That's a LOT of dashing. Dashing all the time! If you could turn off the score multiplier overlay, I might enjoy it, but I really don't dig words flying all over the face of gameplay all the time.

Well dashing has been a core mechanic for a long time. Dash to kill and gain limited use powers from non bosses is the new thing that it adds to the classic megaman formula.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular

I think it is bad because it IS tongue in cheek, but is done so poorly and so not funny even if you aren't offended / don't take it seriously, it is actually better to think it is serious.

I wonder who was more embarrassed, the person who wrote the lines for this ad or the person who had to read them.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I'm going with the steam release, even though I originally planned on getting it for the Wii U. Hopefully the game is good enough on it's own. Maybe there might be mods for it if it isn't.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

Well dashing has been a core mechanic for a long time. Dash to kill and gain limited use powers from non bosses is the new thing that it adds to the classic megaman formula.

I'm not sure how to feel about it. Deliberately making physical contact with enemies goes against every fundamental gameplay teaching the NES ingrained within me as a child, and especially the MegaMan series. I'm hoping it turns out to be good in practice, but everything in my genetic memory says this is wrong and blasphemous gameplay!

Donnicton on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »

I think it is bad because it IS tongue in cheek, but is done so poorly and so not funny even if you aren't offended / don't take it seriously, it is actually better to think it is serious.

I wonder who was more embarrassed, the person who wrote the lines for this ad or the person who had to read them.

Completely cynical response: Both of them got paid, so I doubt either of them are actually embarrassed in the least. They should be, but I'd wager they don't give it a second thought in their day.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    All I hear anymore is Simon & Garfunkel's Sound of Silence in my head every time theres an update about Mighty No 9.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Ok, finally watched that. WOW, yeah, that is very cringe-worthy bad.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

This is the complete version of the game?

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    That trailer basically unsold me on the game entirely.

Dashing is neat! As a single ability out of many. Not as the focus of the game's combat.
    Nobody remembers megaman fondly because of the awesome dashing. So either they're idiots to make it the central focus, or they didn't but they can't think of anything else to advertise. Not optimistic.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I remember X because of the dashing, and Megaman because of the jump and shooting.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    The Sonic twitter account is fucking magical

JtgVX0H.png