As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[minecraft] Terrible graphics, terrible OP, awesome game

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    for some reason I got back into minecraft today, specifically regrowth.

left it idling most the day while I did other shit so I could get 10 10 10 crops, and managed to get up to ender and dye crops.

its just the annoying part of being limited by my ability to get floral fertilizer so I can get the metal seeds going.

Buttcleft on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I am trying to come up with a cool design for the Automagy item sorting/retrieval system. I'm thinking some sort of central tower where I can watch as golems sort and pull items for me. Not sure how to do it though.

anyone know why I cant make a crossbow in regrowth with a green slime bow, iron body, iron plate, and regular bowstring?

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I think Crossbows use Tough Bindings, not Plates.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    Ianator wrote: »
    I think Crossbows use Tough Bindings, not Plates.

...I'm a fucking idiot.

Slayer of DreamsLD50Nought
    edited October 2015
    So I screwed up and tried to make bronze with 3 tin 1 copper, instead of 3 copper 1 tin.

Which means my smeltery now has about 300 ingots of tin in it, and is mildly irritating. Thankfully magic crops, so I could destroy the smeltery and remake it and not miss the tin.

Also, I am now officially further in regrowth than I've ever been before, only thing holding me back is figuring out how to get a creeper heart. spent like 5 nights hunting creepers and got nothing but gunpowder. (which isn't really rare with being able to turn flint into gunpowder)

Buttcleft on
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    So I screwed up and tried to make bronze with 3 tin 1 copper, instead of 3 copper 1 tin.

Which means my smeltery now has about 300 ingots of tin in it, and is mildly irritating. Thankfully magic crops, so I could destroy the smeltery and remake it and not miss the tin.

Also, I am now officially further in regrowth than I've ever been before, only thing holding me back is figuring out how to get a creeper heart. spent like 5 nights hunting creepers and got nothing but gunpowder. (which isn't really rare with being able to turn flint into gunpowder)

If you can somehow get an emerald then an arthana might help

Vic wrote: »

If you can somehow get an emerald then an arthana might help

I've got 10 10 10 emerald crops, emeralds aint a problem.

Hmm..Never got much into witchery before, guess I'll give that a try.

Thanks @Vic

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Nobody in this thread should ever be short on emeralds, I thought we all had our villager "processing" facilities running at max capacity all the time.

Just me?

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    edited October 2015
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Nobody in this thread should ever be short on emeralds, I thought we all had our villager "processing" facilities running at max capacity all the time.

Just me?

I'm playing regrowth.

Also arthana has so far been unsuccessful at getting me a creeper hart, after 2 nights and probably 40 creepers killed.

Buttcleft on
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Do you have lapis?

Edit: or a looting enchantment book and anvil?

LD50 on
    LD50 wrote: »
    Do you have lapis?

Yep, just 10 10 10'd it so going to try a fortune sword.

Especially since I made 5 arthanas and the best enchant I got was unbreaking III bane of arthropods III

Do you have lapis?

Yep, just 10 10 10'd it so going to try a fortune sword.

Especially since I made 5 arthanas and the best enchant I got was unbreaking III bane of arthropods III

That was gonna be my suggestion.

I thought there was a looting book as a quest reward, but it was probably one of those 'choose one of these unnamed enchantment books as a reward' rewards.

edited October 2015
    5 creepers was all it took with a Ticon looting 3 sword

got my head and heart, now I can make a creeper egg

I don't know why I want to make it

but its a quest in the book..

Buttcleft on
    I have a bank of hobby steam engines generating a whopping 100rf/t.

I HAVE ENTERED THE INDUSTRIAL ERA. BEHOLD THE GLORY OF STEAM.

Echo
    My recommendation is to move to mekanism based power sooner rather than later. And by sooner I mean now.

My recommendation is to move to mekanism based power sooner rather than later. And by sooner I mean now.

Yeah well, Regrowth.

Which means I have absolutely zero access to osmium for now.

Fun trying to remember how to route BC pipes, though.

Yeah well, Regrowth.

Which means I have absolutely zero access to osmium for now.

Fun trying to remember how to route BC pipes, though.

Yeah, I meant for regrowth specifically. The pipes are dumb for some reason, I don't know if it's a regrowth thing or just a BC thing, but that shit just doesn't work that well. The steam power takes way too much babying for a modpack where you have so much other shit to worry about.

edited October 2015
    Really I don't see how steam, at least hobby steam engines, need babying.

Turn them on, do your stuff, turn them off, because at that point you wont have energy cells to charge or anything so no point leaving them on.

I feel like I'm solidly in the early midgame, and I really wish there was more automation options. Mostly for harvesting crops, my resource scarcity is artificial because I cant go back to my fields every five minutes to reap the full harvest because holy shit 10 10 10 grow fast.

If I could just automatically harvest and autocraft coal essence into coal, I'd be set.

Harvest the coal, autocraft to coal, suck it out and send to an array of coke ovens, suck coke out of coke ovens into buffer chest, out of buffer chest into steam engines, with a loop back to buffer chest if everythings full so you don't get coal popping back onto the floor.

edit
    I need to get started on a bloomery and get some steel production going.

Buttcleft on
    Buttcleft, I'll tell you what I tell everyone who wants to play modded Minecraft: Get into Thaumcraft and build yourself some golems.

Terrendos wrote: »
    Buttcleft, I'll tell you what I tell everyone who wants to play modded Minecraft: Get into Thaumcraft and build yourself some golems.

Again, Regrowth.

Cant get into it until the quest book takes me there, because there is a whole bunch between here and there I need to unlock in the progression.

Again, Regrowth.

Cant get into it until the quest book takes me there, because there is a whole bunch between here and there I need to unlock in the progression.

You can actually get into it earlier. Have to even, I think. The thaumcraft bits of the book aren't well connected to the rest. Look up the recipes in NEI. I think you still make the thaumonomicon by using a wand on a bookshelf.

I think the thaumcraft section of the regrowth quest book might only unlock once you've actually started thaumcraft or something.

I thought Thaumcraft would unlock after I slogged through Botania.

@NailbunnyPD and I started Thaumcraft and we never did 'finish' the botania quests. They eventually require you to kill end game bosses and whatnot so I think it's worth getting into Thaum before trying to finish the quests. The same is true of the Witchery quests.

Technically I think the new quest lines unlock when you have a high enough rating in arcana or whatever the magic path stuff is called.

edited October 2015
    I'll try and poke around at it after I get the bloomery going and get some steel.

thanks

edit
    Ugh this is annoying..bloomery only takes charcoal for fuel, so much for all this coal and coke I have laying around..

Buttcleft on
    I'll try and poke around at it after I get the bloomery going and get some steel.

thanks

edit
    Ugh this is annoying..bloomery only takes charcoal for fuel, so much for all this coal and coke I have laying around..

Does that pack have Witching Gadgets? There's a special Infernal Furnace in Witching Gadgets that will cook your Iron into Steel with Ignis Essentia.

edited October 2015
    I just bonemeal grew 6 super jungle trees. Got like 8 stacks of logs that I threw into as many furnaces.

edit
    and on todays episode of I'm a goddamn idiot..Forgot next to the furnace array, I had 12 stacks of charcoal sitting and waiting that I had long since forgot about.

edit2
    holy shit the railcraft blast furnace is expensive as fuck in regrowth, and takes FOREVER because of maricultures burnt bricks.

Buttcleft on
    edited October 2015
    So, apparently, in regrowth at least (don't know if its in vanilla modded minecraft) you can put air essence into a smeltery and it turns into steam. 4 air essence for 1 bucket of steam.

So, a couple smelteries, a decent sized air essence farm..probably be easier and generate more power than HP boilers.

Maybe use a tank for a buffer.

edit
    So apparently my petal apothecary has suddenly decided to stop accepting seeds, the same seeds, from the same stack, that worked previously, so I can make no flowers.

Which sucks, cause I was trying to expand my mana gen, I tried unscanned seeds, scanned seeds, even cheated in some vanilla seeds. nothing worked.

Then in the process I accidentally broke the petal apothecary once with my hammer and broke two full manapools of mana.

Buttcleft on
    Geth
    Is there an item in Botania that works like the Blood Magic Sigil of the Dome? I'd like to do some underwater building, but it's such a pain normally. The closest thing I can find is the Ring of Chordata, which just takes most of the pain out of swimming.

Is there an item in Botania that works like the Blood Magic Sigil of the Dome? I'd like to do some underwater building, but it's such a pain normally. The closest thing I can find is the Ring of Chordata, which just takes most of the pain out of swimming.

best I can think of is infuse a tainted blood pendant with water breathing and enchant a helmet with aqua affinity.

Wont suppress the water, but it'll let you breath and move around easier under water.

Still have to use sponges/gravel to remove the water from inside whatever you build, but you'd have to do that with the sigil of the dome as well.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    There's an elven flower called a Bubell that creates pockets of air in water. It takes way the hell too much mana to do such a mundane task

VRXwDW7.png
    edited October 2015
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    There's an elven flower called a Bubell that creates pockets of air in water. It takes way the hell too much mana to do such a mundane task

infusing a blood pendant with botanias version of water breathing and using an aqua affinity tool (and maybe a poition of night vision to clear up stupid underwater fog) is probably the easiest way to do it.

the water breathing pendant will need a mana tablet, but I cant imagine it sucks up mana that fast..Then again, knowing all the other stupid decisions made in botania lately, who knows.

If you want to go complicated and annoying..always maricultures diving suit and airpump

Buttcleft on

infusing a blood pendant with botanias version of water breathing and using an aqua affinity tool (and maybe a poition of night vision to clear up stupid underwater fog) is probably the easiest way to do it.

the water breathing pendant will need a mana tablet, but I cant imagine it sucks up mana that fast..Then again, knowing all the other stupid decisions made in botania lately, who knows.

If you want to go complicated and annoying..always maricultures diving suit and airpump

I think it's a ring. Ring of chordata maybe? It works really well. In regrowth I combined it with the mask from mariculture because the modified breath rate made it so the ring couldn't quite keep up. It also helped visibility. Don't use the whole suit though, movement gets server crashingly wonky.

I think it's a ring. Ring of chordata maybe? It works really well. In regrowth I combined it with the mask from mariculture because the modified breath rate made it so the ring couldn't quite keep up. It also helped visibility. Don't use the whole suit though, movement gets server crashingly wonky.

yeah I've used the ring of chordate before, not really conducive to underwater building through cause you move to fast and twitchy

My Botania quest line is pushing me into killing the wither now.

Anyone have any tips on how to build a wither arena in Regrowth?

Normally I'd use like, Ender IO reinforced obsidian, but..I don't see anything like that.

Normally I'd use like, Ender IO reinforced obsidian, but..I don't see anything like that.

Be a man and don't worry about an arena? That's my advice.

Be a man and don't worry about an arena? That's my advice.

I'm not exactly fond of being unable to beat it and the wither rampaging across my world unstopped.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Is there an underground? Fight it deep underground.

VRXwDW7.png
    Is there an underground? Fight it deep underground.

yeah the more I look around the more I see it doesn't seem like theres any way to safely contain the wither or at least limit his ability to ruin the world.

So it looks like I'll spend a day running far from my base with my best armor and weapons (anyone ever try Titanium shurikens?) and fight him on the surface, so I at least don't have to worry about him tunneling off somewhere.

• NoughtNought Registered User regular
    So, been away for a bit. I'm stuck in a hospital for something like the next four weeks and though of Minecraft.

My last build was in the Yogscast Complete Pack, and I would love to continue it, but can't get to the files.

Any packs you guys can recommend? I like the technical packs, but also like Thauncraft, and started up on some Mystcraft before I got bored last time.

The thing I really like a about Mystcraft is the ability to make more or less permanent portals in the overworld. Have also really wanted to make some airship typ things with redstone in motion.

Also also also I'd like to play on an as up to date minecraft as possible, but the last time I read anything most mods had stopped at a version that was over a year old at the time.

Should I try and cobble together my own pseudo pack, or is that still a giant hassle?

A longer term project I have wanted to do in a long while is to edit together my old worlds into a "modern". Like at least one of the ones I would like to save is from pre the expandend world hight. I understand that most modded blocks will be lost, but is there currently any way to do it that any og you know about?

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.