Options

[Game of Thrones] Happy International Picnic Day

• Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Wait, what? They're not the same person?

My whole life is a lie.

Photosaurus on
    "If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone have any experience with the Game Of Thrones mod for Crusader Kings II?

Just want to know if it's as in-depth as it looks. Looks incredible.

cornell on
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    After I got the random event that featured an option to have my player character push a boy from a tower window, I decided I didn't really need the mod.

rUK43yT.png

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Thought it was saying there was a fifty foot tall child loose at first.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    1CxJIw6.jpg

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Haha, watching S3E8 with the wedding of Sansa and Tyrion. The removal of the steps by Joffery is a wonderful act of dickishness. Although Tyrion could have easily could have made himself look good anyway. But I understand this isn't a moment where Tyrion is meant to do well.

The special effects are ok on the last bit of the episode.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    Finished Season 3. The last two episodes were real good. Lots of stuff happening all over (except King's Landing). The wedding was nothing I hadn't seen before, I think it's the thing that made me really wanna watch GoT to be begin with. The point where it was so popular I just had to check it out. But I appreciated all the little touches put into the scene, the Rains of Castamere being played, the way the soldiers acted outside of the hall. Also, Blackfish is not dead, which is cool. And I finally like Edmure, just as he's imprisoned forever.

I really like blonde Dario, it's a shame he won't be in the 4th season.

Probably the best season so far. I hope season 4 is even better. I dunno if it will be though, there's not much left to happen now that the war's over.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Probably the best season so far. I hope season 4 is even better. I dunno if it will be though, there's not much left to happen now that the war's over.

Ehh... Get ready.

I'd say the 3rd season was much better than this past one.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I think season 4 has the highest highs of the series
    Joffrey's wedding/death, Littlefinger revealing himself as a true mastermind, the trial of Tyrion, Oberyn declaring himself champion, The Mountain vs. The Viper, Brienne vs. The Hound, Stannis coming to the Night's Watch's rescue, Arya using the coin

But the lows are so so low

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    4 has some of my favorite moments from the show yet, and also had parts that nearly made me quit watching the show entirely

It was a bit of a mixed bag, yeah

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I really enjoyed season 4.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Alexander Siddig?

Surely you mean Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi (صدّيق الطاهر الفاضل الصدّيق عبدالرحمن محمد أحمد عبدالكريم المهدي‎ [Ṣiddīq aṭ-Ṭāhir al-Fāḍil aṣ-Ṣiddīq ʿAbd ur-Raḥman Muḥammad ʾAḥmad ʿAbd ul-Karīm al-Mahdī]).

Brolo on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Goddammit G.R.R.M. You can't kill off your characters before they even entered the story...

J.J. Murphy dies 4 days into filming of the new season of Game of Thrones

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Alexander Siddig?

Surely you mean Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi (صدّيق الطاهر الفاضل الصدّيق عبدالرحمن محمد أحمد عبدالكريم المهدي‎ [Ṣiddīq aṭ-Ṭāhir al-Fāḍil aṣ-Ṣiddīq ʿAbd ur-Raḥman Muḥammad ʾAḥmad ʿAbd ul-Karīm al-Mahdī]).

I'm sure they'll dedicate an entire episode to his first introduction to Danerys.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Goddammit G.R.R.M. You can't kill off your characters before they even entered the story...

J.J. Murphy dies 4 days into filming of the new season of Game of Thrones

Show some fucking respect.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Yeah, "death of a human being" is basically the worst time for a (tired) punchline

• Options
    edited August 2014
    "And now his watch is ended"?

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Up to the second episode of Season 4 so far. It still seems like there's still a long way to go to get to the end of the season. The plot really only started episode 2, ep 1 was just the introduction.

And Cersei is a total jerk. I've never really hated Joffery. But Cersei, well, I don't hate her, but she is definitely worse than Joffery. She's more petty, yet does more damage. Yep, definitely the worst.

Haha, this re-enactment of the war is great. I think it shows great modesty and sense of humour on Joffery's part that he had himself be included in the farce. He gives such good advice too.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    5th episode, some nice interaction between Lysa and Petyr. Poor Lysa. And Tywin and Cersei discussing an appropriate mourning period is wonderful. Haha, that little choking sound Lock makes.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Just finished re-reading a chapter at the end of book 4.
    The one with:
    (Doran):"[Quentyn] has gone to bring us back our heart's desire"
    She narrowed her eyes. "What is our heart's desire?"
    "Vengeance." His voice was soft, as if he were afraid that someone might be listening. "Justice." Prince Doran pressed the onyx dragon into her palm with his swollen, gouty fingers, and whispered, "Fire and Blood"

With no arianne casting, that scene making it into the show is in doubt.
    But seriously, that exchange would make a perfect episode, or even season, closing.

It's the absolute first time that
    Anyone of note in westeros actually voiced wanting the targaryens back on the iron throne
    which is arguable a pretty damn big deal.

• Options
    The Iron Bank is not something I am used to. They seem very modern.

"Ooh, I'm Shae, I'm not some stupid girl. I'm soooooo smart."

Lord Tyrell is wonderfully stupid.

The trial is pretty clever in how it references some of the best moments in Tyrion's story but twists them around.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    The free cities in general seem to be very progressive, with semi democratic leaders consisting of wealthy merchants/families and old blood ruling

theyre always at war with each other, however

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Actually they're not that progressive. Technologically Game of Thrones is a mess. They're using abbreviated field plate (15th century smithing techniques, 13th century coverage) and 12th century longswords.
    Regardless primitive bankingsystems were functional as early as 2000 BC, and full blown banking systems in the more modern sense were active as early as the 13th century.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    Ep 7 now.

I don't know why but I find Daario's neck bandana thing hilarious. Also, his butt.

I'm really impressed with Hot Pie's journey.

All the scenes with Tyrion in the cell are great.

I like Robin. This scene with the snow castle is silly though.

Petyr is a wonderful. It takes a real creep to use 'you could have been my daughter' that way. "Let her go" not the best thing to say. But nothing bad came of it.

Also, what is the "Keeper of Scrolls" job in the credits? Is it a joke?

• Options
    Watchers on the Wall. I really liked this episode. Really good from start to finish.

Kitchen fighting! Killing! Deaths! Best part is
    Tormund getting shot and captured.

Ygritte's death didn't quite have the right emotional impact, seeing this video has permanently changed how I see that scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDX0E3LK6ow

• Options
    ...a House Stark version of "Dear Sister" would be a really really long letter.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Now I'm all caught up and will have to wait like the rest of you.

Stannis is awesome.
    Hey Dany, maybe the tutor could have a salary? That seems to work for most people.
    I like the skeletons. This subplot of Bran going to the tree has been a bit meh though.
    I have nothing good to say about Tyrion and Shae and the show's decisions.
    Who keeps a loaded crossbow on the wall? That's silly.

Well, we're moving into strange new areas. I thought this season wasn't going to have much in it, and it sorta didn't, but it certainly has set up plenty of stuff for the next season. I'm worried that changes that have been made from the books are gonna have some repercussions. But that's currently a what if at the moment, it might be bad, it might be good, it might not matter.
    Jamie being taught by Bronn, a good change. You can have talking and banter, plus the added angle of Jamie the knight being taught by a guy who cheats all the time.

Varys leaving. Who knows. He didn't have any scenes in this season. Maybe his leaving screws up plans later? Who knows. Even if it doesn't match the book the show has been quite good at replacing characters with other characters when needed.

There's a bunch more, but most of it is up in the air. It's just weird not knowing which way things are gonna go.

-edit, haha, they gave the wizard two eyes but kept the 'one eye' reference. I wondered why that was there.

-edit 2, what!? They cut the bit about how Tyrion's first wife really loved him? Why???

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Wait, what? What is this? Are you serious?

Telltale has just completely blown me away with their licenses. They have come a super long way from the very flawed Sam and Max series.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    I'm reeaallly interested with House Forrester as a choice for, presumably, the protagonist(s)

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Their Sam and Max was no classic LucasArts game but I thought it was rather fun

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So they have no idea what's up with Bran either, huh

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    It makes sense I suppose, they've caught up to the books in some of the character arcs.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Does that mean there wont be any sansa because apart from
    the trip down the mountain

she's all caught up as well

Psykoma on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    there's still some politicking going on. and a pretty big reveal

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

So all we're getting of the North is the Jon Snow bits? Not sure how to feel about that.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    Yeah there's still quite a bit they can do with Sansa's story at the Eyrie.
    You got Little Finger shoring up the support of the local lords, with Sansa taking notes. Then the trip down the mountain, which would include Little Finger telling Sansa his master plan to put her in charge of both the Vale and the North, via a marriage with Harry the Heir. Or something. It's been a while since I've read the books.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    there is kind of an easy reason for them to sideline bran for a season without him feeling "missing" I think, one that doesn't exist with sansa as much

i don't think it's solely a "ran out of book-story" thing

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    What's the easy reason? I can't think of it, but it's been a while since I've read the books

f24GSaF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.