Options

[Game of Thrones] Happy International Picnic Day

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    He's arrived at his destination and viewers can assume he's getting mystical training?

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I want the story to cut to him occasionally for like one minute at a time but it's always just him doing some DBZ training montage, seeing how high he can power up

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    He's arrived at his destination and viewers can assume he's getting mystical training?

yeah pretty much

he's reached his original goal and (I can't remember how in depth they went in the last episode, prob silly to spoil, but)
    his new goal involves mental training that specifically sheds bran's physical body

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    I want the story to cut to him occasionally for like one minute at a time but it's always just him doing some DBZ training montage, seeing how high he can power up

This but like the training on Dagobah.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

they should meet this bran's puberty thing head-on and have him come back in season 6 swole as a mug

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    bran's role in dwd is primarily assisting theon through the godswood. they could have fit him in I think but they can also just use some generic whispering voice or whatever

• Options
    I'm wondering if they are gonna start putting in time skips. Not big ones that change everything, just a few months here and there to help explain the actors aging.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Pretty psyched about no Bran and Hodor

Their segments have always been pretty boring, all told

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Are most here getting that World of Ice and Fire book in October?

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Pretty psyched about no Bran and Hodor

Their segments have always been pretty boring, all told

They were in the book too.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Are most here getting that World of Ice and Fire book in October?

oh hell yes

• Options
    HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    Not sure if this has been posted before but it's a pretty cool "before they were on GoT" thing, only really knew a couple and some weren't the ones I thought they'd be
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rct8l4_ezJs

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Robson and Jerome, never forget

Never forgive

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Re-reading book 5.

Reached the part where
    An in-hiding Tyrion takes on the name Yollo.

That's one little fact I really hope gets left out of the show

• Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    Yollo was the name of
    one of the people in Joffrey's fucked up wedding skit right? that was later killed for maybe being Tyrion, after Tyrion was accused?

I don't think that was a thing on the show, so I figure there's a good chance they'll drop it

they changed Asha's name for less

f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    Lockout wrote: »
    Yollo was the name of
    one of the people in Joffrey's fucked up wedding skit right? that was later killed for maybe being Tyrion, after Tyrion was accused?

I don't think that was a thing on the show, so I figure there's a good chance they'll drop it

they changed Asha's name for less
    That was Oppo, Penny's brother

• Options
    Apparently Hodor is not in the next season but Bran is.

• Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Theory on that I picked up from somewhere. Edit: Spoilers for the last two books below.
    Jojen-paste will be replaced by Hodor-paste.

Photosaurus on
    "If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    impossible, because Hodor wins the iron throne

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    This is probably the season im most "excited" for, due to the fact that so much of book 4/5 has varying degrees of interesting

lots will be cut and new shit will be made up Im sure,
    I just wanna see the pit (confirmed?) and the kingsmoot (confirmed not in?) and the et tu, bowen? (lol good luck hbo)

fingers crossed for them following the ep 9 precedent
    season 1 ep 9, stark dies
    season 2 ep 9, massive battle
    season 3 ep 9, stark (s) die
    season 4 ep 9, massive battle
    season 5 ep 9, starkgaryen dies (lol)

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    @EvilCake Mark your spoilers please!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh hey remember this is a thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q1vt9BX4Eg
    Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series is a new six part episodic game series that tells the story of House Forrester, a noble family from the north of Westeros, loyal to the Starks of Winterfell. Caught up in the events surrounding the War of the Five Kings, they are thrown into a maelstrom of bloody warfare, revenge, intrigue, and horror as they fight to survive while the seven kingdoms tear themselves apart.

You will take on the role of different members of the Forrester household, and determine their fate through the choices you make; your actions and decisions will change the story around you. Meet and interact with characters from HBO’s hit TV show. Visit King’s Landing, The Wall and other familiar locations.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Maisie Williams
    Maybe NSFW shirts in video.

Hilarious still.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    So @Grey Ghost...

For Halloween my mother asked me to hand out candy at their place as my parents would both be away.

She always purchases big-sized candy bars and when asked she replied..

"Listen, its important because the kids like the big candy bars. It makes the whole thing for them. But most of all its to remind the other houses. We pass out the big candy bars. We do it because we can."

"By the way, if any high schoolers show up you give them the pretzels. They expired a year ago. Those kids need to learn..."

It is scary how good my mom would be at the Game of Thrones.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So I bought the World of Fire and Ice book off Amazon because they have that 30% off any print book coupon right now and it was already half off so I got a 50 dollar book for like 16 bucks

It is fucking dope. It is co-written by the two head people of the official Fire and Ice fansite and GRRM and is presented as a present to King Tommen (with Joffrey's name still slightly visible beneath it, after being painted over) from a Maester Yandel. It's a giant book of the history of Westeros and some of Essos as written by an in-universe character and is filled with pretty art and I love it to death

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Holy shit I love that name gag so much

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Honestly, the art alone makes it worth it
    WOIAF-Battle-of-Trident.jpg

how amazing is that?! There are huge amounts of other art, although some of it crosses into the more fantasy setting then the "more grounded" Game of Thrones Universe.

Plus there is a fucking dope as fuck picture depicting Dunk and Egg events that haven't been put into a short story yet. Teasing bastards

EDIT: oh I suppose the history is pretty fun too. It is written as a book that would be in Westeros, so lots of info is unconfirmed or theorized. It still fills in a bunch of timeline gaps, but some of the contrivances to purposely hide info (someone.. spilled ink on this page...) are at some point frustrating

EDIT2: also, is anyone else planning to play through Iron from Ice when its released next week? Anyone care about spoilers? I'm all for open discussion as I'll be playing it the night of.

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    So I bought the World of Fire and Ice book off Amazon because they have that 30% off any print book coupon right now and it was already half off so I got a 50 dollar book for like 16 bucks

It is fucking dope. It is co-written by the two head people of the official Fire and Ice fansite and GRRM and is presented as a present to King Tommen (with Joffrey's name still slightly visible beneath it, after being painted over) from a Maester Yandel. It's a giant book of the history of Westeros and some of Essos as written by an in-universe character and is filled with pretty art and I love it to death

oh thank you for posting this, i wanted to get this book for my sister for christmas and just picked it up

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Would anyone be interested in watching a stream of GOT Episode 1 on Friday evening? I'm waiting on a PSN card to be delivered, and most that are interested will likely have played by then.

• Options
    What time do games typically go up on the PSN store? This is out today but I don't see it

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What time do games typically go up on the PSN store? This is out today but I don't see it

Sometime in the afternoon, usually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB4gAcLZTGQ

Here's the launch trailer

Also it's out today for Steam and PSN, tomorrow for iOS and Xbox

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Okay so early episode 1 stuff
    When that soldier begged for mercy after killing my family, I was almost going to do let him go, I really was
    And then he said "I was just following orders" which I have made my hard line of "fuck you" so he had to go

Also, I'm not sure if HOLD X TO HOLD YOUR WOUND OPEN SO THE MAESTER CAN PUT MAGGOTS IN IT is worse than the self-suture scene in Walking Dead, but it's up there

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    So is episode 1 good?

I'm going to assume yes because at the very least all the recent Telltale stuff at the very least manages to open strong.

• Options
    It is incredibly tense throughout, and I feel completely delivers

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    ... is presented as a present to King Tommen (with Joffrey's name still slightly visible beneath it, after being painted over) from a Maester Yandel.

If you look closely its also got Robert's name erased too.

Robert
    Joffrey

Tommen

:biggrin:

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Okay so early episode 1 stuff
    When that soldier begged for mercy after killing my family, I was almost going to do let him go, I really was
    And then he said "I was just following orders" which I have made my hard line of "fuck you" so he had to go

Also, I'm not sure if HOLD X TO HOLD YOUR WOUND OPEN SO THE MAESTER CAN PUT MAGGOTS IN IT is worse than the self-suture scene in Walking Dead, but it's up there

I hope it went down just like this:
    b81bddbc8291ace4af187e98ee398be8.jpg

• Options
    So... A buddy & I are going to this tomorrow night.

rave-of-thrones.jpg

And we have two days to put together costume ideas.

Ideas...?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Two-person godswood tree

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    bling maesters

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    bling maesters

Here we go...

MORE PEOPLE BE LIKE @WEAVER!!!!

This discussion has been closed.