Options

[Game of Thrones] Happy International Picnic Day

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    "My necklace is entirely gold because I'm a 21st level accountant!"

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So... A buddy & I are going to this tomorrow night.

rave-of-thrones.jpg

And we have two days to put together costume ideas.

Ideas...?

Hodor.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    10451785_10152977290651095_7557666232979748457_n.jpg?oh=1c0254106e76b7685be25bc4413a2f18&oe=5514B609&__gda__=1427995388_c5015fd13106da6af9c55eb6e875fe5a

The Duo of Dorne are ready.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Post it in the camwhore thread!

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Some notes:

That was almost the nerdiest thing I have ever been to like whoa.... It sold-out through pre-order so every one there was a GoT fan. Which made it weird when people dressed and acted like it was any other night to rave. Like... I know why you are here. You couldn't have wondered off the street. Just embrace that you're super nerdy and rave...

My buddy and I got personally thanked by the nightclub's dance team and told to look them up.

Nearly everyone thought I was Aladdin.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Prince jimi mighty is he alliababa...

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Maggy the frog HYPE

also seems to be guaranteed opener for S5.01

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i'm li'l cersei and i'm here to say
    that it's fun to win or die in a li'l way

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Its been a while for me, what would they need young Cersei flashbacks for?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    IIIT'S BEEN A WHILE

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Goose! wrote: »
    Its been a while for me, what would they need young Cersei flashbacks for?
    the whole reasoning behind cerseis hate of tyrion (other than killing mommy) is due to a woodswitch (Maggy the frog) tasting a drop of young cersei's blood and telling her that the Volonquar (little brother in Valyrian) is going to murder her children

among other things, everything the witch had prophesied has come true. Cersei figures Tyrion MUSTVE poisoned joff due to this prophesy

this is also a pivotal scene as it is a dream sequence in book 4 just as she being woken to learn of Tywins death at tyrions hands and his escape. Sets the mood for her paranoia

and since the walk is confirmed this season, gives her character more rope to hang herself with

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Nested spoilers don't work on Vanilla. Thanks for the refresher.

• Options
    It's not a nested spoiler, fRawrst just mistyped the second spoiler tag and left out the /. You can still see a real nested spoiler's content by quoting the post but it's real annoying. In fact the main reason I'm making this post is to get clear my draft.

• Options
    I think I've fixed it now, sorry duders

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    I'm just disappointed that it wasn't hiding a secret ultra-spoiler.

• Options
    super secret spoiler
    most likely theory ive heard thus far is that the Griffs are cut and that Arrienne and Aegon (looking to be a thing in TWOW) are being replaced by Myrcella and Trystane

Myrcella will be explained to be heir in dornish laws, cut to Trystane getting crowned, cut to his speech about leading the attack on storms end himself

there!

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    IIIT'S BEEN A WHILE

this should play immediately after every flashback

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    YOU THINK YOU KNOW GAME OF THRONES

TAKE THIS QUIZ

PROVE IT

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    IIIT'S BEEN A WHILE

No, every time right as they do the ripple transition into the flashback

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    PROMISE ME NED

PROMISE ME THAT WE WILL FINALLY GET THE TOWER OF JOY

• Options
    IIIT'S BEEN A WHILE

No, every time right as they do the ripple transition into the flashback

alright i'm thinking: isolated vocal with the ripple transition, just doused in reverb

then post-flashback we get full instrumentation, slow zoom out from the adult character's eyes for the duration of the song

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    super secret spoiler
    most likely theory ive heard thus far is that the Griffs are cut and that Arrienne and Aegon (looking to be a thing in TWOW) are being replaced by Myrcella and Trystane

Myrcella will be explained to be heir in dornish laws, cut to Trystane getting crowned, cut to his speech about leading the attack on storms end himself

there!

Christ I hope not, that seems like it'd be a fairly big divergence. Plus it kinda telegraphs how things will shake out for us book readers.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options

jarjorah (sheepishly): khaleesi my afraid my's been banished

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Skeith wrote: »
    super secret spoiler

there!

Christ I hope not, that seems like it'd be a fairly big divergence. Plus it kinda telegraphs how things will shake out for us book readers.

I'm with you, but even GRRM has come to terms with the show overtaking the next book.

ADWD spoilers

Kit Harrington has cut his hair, which most seem to think that Jon @ end of adwd dies and does not return to story as Kit's hair was part of contract. If they show Ides of Marsh as Season 5 ep 9 and kit isnt returning next season.. welll thats a TWOW spoiler and a half

hopefully not though. plus making guesses on haircuts is kind of dumb

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    i want to think these sorts of things aren't necessarily so indicative of future plotting as they may seem

but i'm not sure if i believe that at all or just would really prefer to

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or do maegis have a tendency to try to bring about the worst possible futures?

The questions they seem to ask their sheepgod sure are about the future, but they're more in line with:
    "How can we fuck up the khaleesi as hard as possible?"
    "How can we make Cersei the worst possible person in three sentences or less?"

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Maybe Jon gets a haircut?

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or do maegis have a tendency to try to bring about the worst possible futures?

The questions they seem to ask their sheepgod sure are about the future, but they're more in line with:
    "How can we fuck up the khaleesi as hard as possible?"
    "How can we make Cersei the worst possible person in three sentences or less?"

I don't know,
    The One Who Mounts The World sounds kinda anti-christy msybe that not super a person the world needs right now?

• Options
    maegi are down to ruin them some highborn lives

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    lord commander needs to look flyyyyyyy

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    EDIT: welp didnt want that

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Yep, them women, always bitin your cock off, every time

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    A friend of mine had the idea that maybe Jon comes back like Dondarrian through Melisandre learning the R'hollor thingy. So maybe he comes back a bit wrong like LS and is missing hair?

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    A friend of mine had the idea that maybe Jon comes back like Dondarrian through Melisandre learning the R'hollor thingy. So maybe he comes back a bit wrong like LS and is missing hair?
    That's the running theory so far. Its a very odd position, does they tell what happens next or does the season end on a cliffhanger like the books did?

I'm hoping they subject the show watchers to the same feeling book readers felt when they finished Jon and Dany's chapters in AdwD. But with dorne becoming a huge location for s5, who knows what pieces of book 4/5 theyll actually use, or how much filler they've created.

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    d-d-d-double! but

a week later than usual

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Daredevil is out 2 days before that