As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gary Webcomics Thread, Featuring Gary. No Garyshaming.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Gary had sex with a transgendered woman on an airplane. This is your daily Gary Fact.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Gary had sex with a transgendered woman on an airplane. This is your daily Gary Fact.

a brazilian supermodel no less

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    if you're hotboxing your whole apartment it's gonna be pretty difficult to not get in on that

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I want to see a story about herm human looking aliens infiltrating earth, sitting at a coffee shop in manhattan, and every time someone walked by, the aliens would be debating if they would hit it or not and how.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I dunno that you needed to share your fetishes with us Royce, but I ain't a judgey man

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    2014-04-17-too-much.png

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    I dunno that you needed to share your fetishes with us Royce, but I ain't a judgey man

Wouldn't be the first time

Won't be the last

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I want to see a story about herm human looking aliens infiltrating earth, sitting at a coffee shop in manhattan, and every time someone walked by, the aliens would be debating if they would hit it or not and how.

With their ovipositor. Geez. Do I have to explain everything?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    penny-126.jpg

Johnny Wander presents Lucky Penny!

• Options
    It's just that gender identities discussions just keeps running inn the same circles and same orbits and I would just like to see a story with aliens laughing at how funny we are and then try to get laid.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Apparently I'm behind on my Archime because since when did Gary have sex with people?

MY WORLD IS UPSIDE DOWN

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    The Gary singularity is approaching!

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Have an Achewood with Phillipe misunderstanding something in a way that's adorable but not also because he's throwing around slurs.

7kKifnI.gif

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    This threads off to a great start.

Anyway, that Bullet from the first page is pretty much every time I go clothes shopping, except add in a half hour of failing to find anything that fits and leaving to go back to the one store with a big and tall section.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    That's why I enjoyed Gary's sexual exploits because its.....somehow .....pure.....of any judgement or discrimination.

A: I find you sexually desirable and I'm a fully consenting adult.
    B: I find you sexually desirable and I'm a fully consenting adult.

A & B: Lets fuck.

The biggest problem I had with it Archime and it appears everyone had with it was.....Yuki.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    tumblr_n3r16kTDMI1qhkxlzo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_n3r16kTDMI1qhkxlzo2_500.jpg
    tumblr_n3r16kTDMI1qhkxlzo3_500.jpg
    tumblr_n3r16kTDMI1qhkxlzo4_250.jpgtumblr_n3r16kTDMI1qhkxlzo5_250.jpg
    tumblr_inline_n3r14gqDiS1qggvmm.jpg

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    the zen pencils about the teacher seems to be more in line with the original quote than most of his work because that teacher seems like kind of a fucker in the original quote

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    the zen pencils about the teacher seems to be more in line with the original quote than most of his work because that teacher seems like kind of a fucker in the original quote

To be fair the very first part of the quote/comic is a dinner guest just disparaging teachers in general, so the teacher is responding in kind.

• Options
    Karoz wrote: »

To be fair the very first part of the quote/comic is a dinner guest just disparaging teachers in general, so the teacher is responding in kind.

Yeah, but then his examples of why he's an awesome teacher make him look like a terrible fucking teacher.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »

Yeah, but then his examples of why he's an awesome teacher make him look like a terrible fucking teacher.

To be fair, allowing a child to believe they can't win or that they can half ass tasks asked of them is a bigger issue. Teaching a child to take pride in their glorious failures because they gave it their all and had nothing left to try means they learn how to live with without regrets. Likewise, letting a child know they have to try all they can and not hold back because its easier is something they should learn early.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular

To be fair, allowing a child to believe they can't win or that they can half ass tasks asked of them is a bigger issue. Teaching a child to take pride in their glorious failures because they gave it their all and had nothing left to try means they learn how to live with without regrets. Likewise, letting a child know they have to try all they can and not hold back because its easier is something they should learn early.

On the other hand, forty minutes of absolute silence with no questions allowed is fucking madness.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I wonder how you convince someone you sincerely need to take a piss, without just taking a piss in front of them and demonstrating the volume

• Options

I don't know where you're getting that from in that comic.

Like, when the dude says "I can make a C- feel like a great achievement" he is doing just that, isn't he? And when he says "I can make an A- feel like a slap in the face" he isn't teaching that kid anything. A- means almost perfect, just going by the percentages that A- covers, means the kid got less than 10% of the questions wrong. Making a kid feel like shit because he made any mistakes at all isn't constructive, that's just being a prick.

And that's not even getting into the repercussions of treating the A- student like that after they see you put the C- student up on a pedestal.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    just start screaming until they let you go

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    maybe say that you're just a poor boy from a poor family

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    The use of queer is debatable, honestly

But don't be dropping the t-word like it's yours to use, please

Queer as a noun? Maybe it's colloquial to where I come from but I've never heard it used in a way that wasn't hateful

Like "a queer individual," sure, I've heard that used in lots of neutral or positive ways, but

I've heard the noun form of queer used in academic circles as a broad term for identifying and discussing LGBTQ themes in literature.

That's admittedly a rare context, of course.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options

Like, when the dude says "I can make a C- feel like a great achievement" he is doing just that, isn't he? And when he says "I can make an A- feel like a slap in the face" he isn't teaching that kid anything. A- means almost perfect, just going by the percentages that A- covers, means the kid got less than 10% of the questions wrong. Making a kid feel like shit because he made any mistakes at all isn't constructive, that's just being a prick.

And that's not even getting into the repercussions of treating the A- student like that after they see you put the C- student up on a pedestal.

Why should the A- student get an A- when he is capable of getting an A+? What obstacle stopped him that he couldn't overcome and get that A+?

Likewise, if that C- student worked her ass off to get that C-, why shouldn't she be put on a pedestal?

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Stilts wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    The use of queer is debatable, honestly

But don't be dropping the t-word like it's yours to use, please

Queer as a noun? Maybe it's colloquial to where I come from but I've never heard it used in a way that wasn't hateful

Like "a queer individual," sure, I've heard that used in lots of neutral or positive ways, but

I've heard the noun form of queer used in academic circles as a broad term for identifying and discussing LGBTQ themes in literature.

That's admittedly a rare context, of course.

Queer is a commonplace term in academia. Working at a University, it's not uncommon to come across numerous papers, courses, and concepts relating to Queer Theory and other constructs examining LGBT populations or concepts or as a lens to approach other topics like Anthropology or Sociology (or even literature and STEM related topics).

It's a rare context by the fact that comparatively small populations fit within the umbrella of academia, but within it the term is used quite commonly.

That said, usually only as an adjective or verb. Rarely as a noun unless referring to the concept itself.

Enc on
  • Options

Why should the A- student get an A- when he is capable of getting an A+? What obstacle stopped him that he couldn't overcome and get that A+?

Likewise, if that C- student worked her ass off to get that C-, why shouldn't she be put on a pedestal?

Because sometimes people make mistakes, and no one performs at their peak 100% of the time? Shocking, I know.

And it's fine if you congratulate the C- student for working really hard, but you can't do that while shitting on you other students for doing slightly worse, even though their still way ahead of the other students.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    http://killsixbilliondemons.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/ksbd45fix.jpg

Hahaha, that fucking devil in the first panel

edit: linked for boobage, whoops

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Thar be boobs in panel 5, fyi.

Also a character interrupting worldbuilding by shouting boring or something is one of my least favourite things.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    that first panel feels so paranatural

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Hahaha, that fucking devil in the first panel

Her design--or really the look from her glasses--makes her seem like she escaped from Awkward Zombie, and I really enjoy her.

I see a connection of the energy from the weapons to the energy of the wielder. I wonder if it is just the creation energy connection or actually a connection to the wielder him/herself.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Ooops, didn't even see that. Linked instead

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Because sometimes people make mistakes, and no one performs at their peak 100% of the time? Shocking, I know.

And it's fine if you congratulate the C- student for working really hard, but you can't do that while shitting on you other students for doing slightly worse, even though their still way ahead of the other students.

But as a teacher, you have to instill the drive to work at a 100%. Its one thing if you couldn't do 100% because the computer bugged out, someone removed the balls from every mouse in the computer lab (fuckers), or because your family doesn't own a printer. Its another thing if you don't do 100% because you stayed up all night playing Civ5. That's the teacher's role, to instill the pride of working at 100%, not because its expected of you, not because there are consequences, but to expect the best of yourself.

Its not the grade, its the work ethic. Both the A+ student and the C- aren't being taught to get the highest grade, they're being taught to work their ass off and be the best they can be.

edit:
    @Darmak NIPPLES!

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Apparently I'm behind on my Archime because since when did Gary have sex with people?

MY WORLD IS UPSIDE DOWN

He's been having sex for quite a while now, jesus christ Rorus WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!

vEaRQgH.png
This discussion has been closed.