Options

prime 2014 registration anticipation

• Options
    PaxDabberPaxDabber NorCal Registered User regular
    Here we go...XXXin' fingers. GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY! Hope we all get our passes.

PAX Prime veteran c. 2008-2012 3/day 2013 4/day

[Roadtrip with 5 other gamers, from NorCal to Seattle ( X )
    6 bdr house rented (VBRO) ( X )
    F5ing till I get 6- 4/day passes ( X )]
    [6-4 day passes 2014 PAX Prime ( )]
  • Options
    I'm not giving up hope for today.

• Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    PaxDabber wrote: »
    I'm not giving up hope for today.
    I doubt that passes would go on sale on the monday after Easter, because of the holiday, but they might go on sale in the middle of the week.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Suffice to say my productivity will not be very high this week >_< Hoping tickets go on sale soon so it does not carry over to low productivity next week...

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    JobiwanKenobiJobiwanKenobi Registered User regular
    It would really surprise me if tickets went on sale this week. Next week also seems somewhat unlikely to me... If I had to put money on it I'd guess that they'll go on sale the week of May-5th. Specifically I am going to go out on a limb and predict Wed May 7th.

PAX Prime '09 - H1N(erd)1 Survivor - Never Forget (Your Hand Sanitizer)
    PAX Prime '14 Omeganaut - Result: KO in 3rd Round (Damn you, Super Avalanche 2!)
  • Options
    Kirby4LifeKirby4Life SumYungGuy In a cabin in the woodsRegistered User regular
    Anyone else missing the 00d00h00m countdown?? Or is my interwebz just messin wif me....

• Options
    Csifreak86Csifreak86 Registered User regular
    I have Twitter set up and I am working on my Novel. Lets see if I can actually write this week. Though more than likely I will be spending the entire time refreshing the PAX page over and over. Come on PAX Gods give me tickets!!!!

• Options
    NymphodorahNymphodorah SeattleRegistered User regular
    Kirby4Life wrote: »
    Anyone else missing the 00d00h00m countdown?? Or is my interwebz just messin wif me....

They haven't updated the website to countdown to 2014's PAX. That countdown is from PAX Prime 2013.

It’s a dangerous business, going out of your door. You step into the Road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to.
    Twitter: ACatlett206
    Battletag: Tonks#1448
    Steam/Xbox: Nymphodorah
    Tumblr: thenerdy-narwhal
  • Options
    Csifreak86 wrote: »
    I have Twitter set up and I am working on my Novel. Lets see if I can actually write this week. Though more than likely I will be spending the entire time refreshing the PAX page over and over. Come on PAX Gods give me tickets!!!!

If you want any chance at a 4-day pass, you have to be F5ing on the registration page until passes go on sale.

tw787Xr.png

• Options

They haven't updated the website to countdown to 2014's PAX. That countdown is from PAX Prime 2013.

Yah but my counter is completely missing... Like there is a blank space there...

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Yah but my counter is completely missing... Like there is a blank space there...

It loaded fine for me.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Csifreak86Csifreak86 Registered User regular
    RavenHusky wrote: »
    Csifreak86 wrote: »

If you want any chance at a 4-day pass, you have to be F5ing on the registration page until passes go on sale.

Trust me I know.

• Options

That's odd. I'm not sure why that's happening, as it loads fine for me. I have an ad-blocker app too.

It’s a dangerous business, going out of your door. You step into the Road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to.
  • Options

That's odd. I'm not sure why that's happening, as it loads fine for me. I have an ad-blocker app too.

Yah I tried disabling my ad-blocker and bupkis... Aww well... Im hoping it dosnt hinder my badge buying... I mean I can still buy Pax Aus tickets so... Fingers crossed!!

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

Yah I tried disabling my ad-blocker and bupkis... Aww well... Im hoping it dosnt hinder my badge buying... I mean I can still buy Pax Aus tickets so... Fingers crossed!!

I'd try another browser too. I'd even use IE if that was what it took to get tickets.

• Options

If you can still buy PAX Aus tickets, then I don't see why PAX Prime tickets wouldn't work out for you. Try a different browser too just to be safe.

• Options
    Disc07Disc07 Registered User regular
    It was noted before, but we should really have an 'office' pool where we guess the date and time that the site goes live. And whoever is closest wins something. ><

PAX Prime Veteran c. 2007
  • Options
    Disc07 wrote: »
    It was noted before, but we should really have an 'office' pool where we guess the date and time that the site goes live. And whoever is closest wins something. ><
    How about free badges?

• Options
    Spud387Spud387 Man of Inaction Vancouver, BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    PaxDabber wrote: »
    Disc07 wrote: »
    How about free badges?
    Ya... cause I can't imagine people grossly cheating the system to win those :neutral_face:

Prime 2016 Status: Skipping. 2017, The Return.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010/'11/'12/'13/'14
  • Options
    wildchickenwildchicken Registered User regular
    All I can say is that I am dying waiting for this.... sure there are another 100k people that want this pass but darn it they should listen to my whining and put it on sale now

• Options
    cardkid123cardkid123 Registered User regular
    So, is it still a toss up for buying this pass if I enter the que immediately following the twitter announcement? I have it set up on my phone to enter the site and be able to enter que in less then 1 minute most likely. Will this be enough?

• Options
    Spud387Spud387 Man of Inaction Vancouver, BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    cardkid123 wrote: »
    So, is it still a toss up for buying this pass if I enter the que immediately following the twitter announcement? I have it set up on my phone to enter the site and be able to enter que in less then 1 minute most likely. Will this be enough?
    No one knows anything for sure, but it sounds like you'll likely be able to get at least a single day pass for each day.

Prime 2016 Status: Skipping. 2017, The Return.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010/'11/'12/'13/'14
  • Options
    Disc07Disc07 Registered User regular
    cardkid123 wrote: »

It is my goal, and many others here, to actually be on top of it enough that we get in before the official tweet goes out. I know that can be troublesome for many but that has guaranteed others great spots in the queue in years past.

PAX Prime Veteran c. 2007
  • Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    Ugh. I woke up this morning and checked the site on my phone, feeling like today was the day. I immediately fell back asleep and proceeded to dream that I had managed to get into the queue before anyone else, and went through the whole checkout process. Very disappointing to wake up later and realize that I had no passes.

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Everyone says you have to be F5ing the registration page and stuff, but last year I got a 4-day pass by just checking in here randomly, seeing posts that passes were on sale, and going in and getting in the queue. Of course, my luck went way downhill from there and I couldn't actually go to PAX...

• Options
    wingblaze01wingblaze01 Registered User new member
    Isn't it likely that they would update the PAX Prime main page to 2014 before passes would go on sale? Should I not worry about monitoring for the start of the sale until after they update the site? Because I'd rather not have to sit around staring at my computer every day for the next 3 weeks when I have a lot to do.

• Options
    Konrad9Konrad9 Registered User regular
    I'm just totally unable to comprehend why they don't do a lottery system.

• Options
    Konrad9 wrote: »

Because it's unfair to those who were prepared to be first in line.

But seriously... http://prime.paxsite.com/news/the-registration-sellout-faq

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

Dude, fuck that.

• Options
    duhnoduhno Registered User regular
    damn, so i wont be able to get the 3/4-day pass it seems impossible, you have to do everything sms alerts and camp at your computer but I will be at school since I think they will be on sale, they will probably sell out in like 10 minute now? How fast do you have to get into que to get the 3/4 day pass? after the tweet?

How long does 1 day pass sell out? it seems more expensive since I want to buy 4 of each

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    All anyone can tell you is past experiences, for which there's plenty of info about when people got into the queue (including from the official "registration faq" that was linked). No way to know for sure how long it's going to take beforehand.

• Options
    ctiwolfctiwolf Registered User regular
    duhno wrote: »
    damn, so i wont be able to get the 3/4-day pass it seems impossible, you have to do everything sms alerts and camp at your computer but I will be at school since I think they will be on sale, they will probably sell out in like 10 minute now? How fast do you have to get into que to get the 3/4 day pass? after the tweet?

How long does 1 day pass sell out? it seems more expensive since I want to buy 4 of each

I entered the queue on my phone when i got the text and on my computer at the same time. The computer beat my phone in the queue even though it went into the queue after and i still didnt have a choice to buy four day passes. But an insider tip is that if you stalk the forum somebody mentioned the tickets were on sale about 30 minutes before the text went out. Can you confirm mr moderator and on which forum discussion was it announced?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I can't comment on how fast twitter's text notification thing moves as I do not use it. It was posted here on the forums about the same time that it went live on the website and on twitter for PAX Prime. For East there was a snafu with the website (it was being hammered so hard due to the pre-announcement that they couldn't get to the back-end to update it).

• Options
    Miner987Miner987 Registered User regular
    Is their a easier way to find out when tickets go on sale like can't they email u when they go on sale? Please reply

• Options
    WedjatWedjat SeattleRegistered User regular
    What would it solve?

3DS 0404-6459-8631
  • Options
    every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    Wedjat wrote: »
    What would it solve?
    The horror of having to be online 24/7 so you don't miss the announcement? It's damaging to one's sleep, health, and sanity. :scream:

However, Comic-Con was a lottery this year... and I got dumped at the end of the queue. :confounded:

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Miner987 wrote: »
    Is their a easier way to find out when tickets go on sale like can't they email u when they go on sale? Please reply

Follow @Official_PAX. That's your notification.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Miner987 wrote: »

Follow @Official_PAX. That's your notification.

I have a new program that monitors the page for it to gain certain words or lose certain words and has a chirping alarm for when it detects the right perimeters plus a twitter sms notification for paxofficial.

• Options
    RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    I promise you the tickets will not go up at 4:30 AM. They need people there to staff server issues, so it's almost certainly going to be during a weekday, and during business hours.

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    Aardvark VulgarAardvark Vulgar Registered User regular
    Does anyone know when they redirected the paxsite homepage to prime.paxsite? I feel like they did that a few weeks before they actually updated the page. Currently when I go to paxsite I'm directed to east.paxsite.
    (Actually last year my phone would get directed to prime but my PC went to east for a week or so longer, not sure why probably something to do with my cookies).

70xnyzr.png
This discussion has been closed.