As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[H1Z1] Where the Best Game Mode is Without Zombies

• Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    I added everyone and gave rights to add others in case I'm not around.
    TetraRay wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    text talk doesn't work in game does it?

Doesn't seem to.

Could I get an Invite to the steam group? steamcommunity.com/profiles/tetraray/

When I get home from work I will add you if no one else has (any member can invite people to join).

The lack of in game chat, names not matching steam IDs, and a few other things make the group a necessity if we are gonna work together to make a base and generally dominate the apocalypse.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Bah, still no looting. Waiting for that patch, feels rather pointless to play until then.

Used my one crate key and got... a brown flannel shirt skin!

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    As I said, don't be shocked to see a patch for the looting issue early this week :wink: SoE is really on the ball about patching this game.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    @TetraRay‌

Invite sent.

Anyone else interested in joining the madness, just let me know. :)

• Options
    So for those in the group. or interested in the group, do we want to pick a server and roll there? I'm not sure if everyone shares the same interests, but it looks like we have at least 2 of us on Gnash and 2 on Winchester, both of which have the similar (if not the same) settings.

I'm certainly willing to jump to another server. My dude knows how to make virtually nothing as it is.

• Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    Fixed issue with the Runamok Toxic Cavern container not working

Man if only that bear didn't kill me :(

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    As I said, don't be shocked to see a patch for the looting issue early this week :wink: SoE is really on the ball about patching this game.

It's Tuesday in Sweden! Damn slackers!

• Options
  • Options
    Echo wrote: »

It's Tuesday in 'murica too...but Monday was a holiday!

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I ran into some dudes yesterday that we're firing arrows into the road, claiming that the mere act of running over one would destroy a vehicle. They must have had over a hundred arrows sticking out of the asphalt, and they were just waiting there patiently for a car to drive by and (hopefully) get blowd up real good.

It's Tuesday in 'murica too...but Monday was a holiday!

It's Wednesday in Best Korea.

Yall on
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Not sure if everyone has seen this yet (or if it's been posted):

http://www.h1z1db.co.uk/map/

It takes a good little bit to load, as it's a fully dynamic google maps type map...but it's very detailed.

e: Also has a loc finder, so if you type /loc in game and copy and paste the resulting location in to that box, it will show you on the map where you are.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    youtu.be/FeSsdF6kZmQ

This one had me dying especially around 6:58.

• Options
    JagetoJageto Registered User regular
    I just picked this up and would love to play with everyone, if I could get an invite to the Steam group that would be fantastic. Steam account: Kaguto.

Steam: Kaguto
    Origin: Kaguto
  • Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    So I had two characters logged out at the police station in pleasant valley and was able to get both logged in during the brief period with the seizure ring last night ..... I did well

2 shotguns 60 rounds
    2 ar15 84 rounds
    56 rounds for hunting rifle
    10 rounds for pistol
    3 spools of twine
    crowbar (so fucking happy I found this!)
    2 helmets

I got 99 problems, self starting a gang in pleasant valley ain't one

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    You can make an improvised compass with purified water and metal scraps. It is however bugged and works as a full-flegged compass.

• Options
    JunleaJunlea Registered User regular
    Just made a new guy on Gnash. Had been playing since launch on Deadwood but its overpopulated and I had no friends there anyway. JunleaPA on gnash.

Junlea :: Writer, Gamer, Bagel Fan
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Something about the cities and building interiors of H1Z1 are SO much more fun to fight in than the DayZ ones.

• Options
    I'd trade 50% less hackers for 13.5% more loot.

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    I love that the devs are actually fixing things in this game, as opposed to Day Z where development has consisted of total trivialities for a year.

• Options
    JunleaJunlea Registered User regular
    Game has some promise and I'm encouraged by the active Dev team but its not very fun right now. Spent 27 hours so far on it and the lack of loot and the constant aggro fresh spawns are pretty awful.

Junlea :: Writer, Gamer, Bagel Fan
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Junlea wrote: »
    Game has some promise and I'm encouraged by the active Dev team but its not very fun right now. Spent 27 hours so far on it and the lack of loot and the constant aggro fresh spawns are pretty awful.

Stick with it. I managed to get myself cornered in a bathroom stall by three player killers. I frantically tried to whip out my hammer, but I was too slow. I'd love to see zombie hordes as well sooner or later.

• Options
    JagetoJageto Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Made a character on Gnash. Name is Kaguto. Can I get an invite to the Steam group?

Jageto on
    Steam: Kaguto
    Origin: Kaguto
  • Options
    Jageto wrote: »
    Made a character on Gnash. Name is Kaguto. Can I get an invite to the Steam group?

Sure send me your steam id

• Options
    People keep talking about how agro other players are, as if that isn't a hallmark of this kind of game. If you don't want that kind of interaction, there are PvE servers where you can fight zombies to your hearts content.

While it's easier to kill a fully kitted player and take his stuff, than it is to go find it yourself, PvP servers are always going to be agro as hell. DayZ never solved this, nor did Rust, and it's unlikely H1Z1 will either. It's a fundamental marker of these sorts of post apocalyptic loot games. The loot has to be rare enough to matter, but by making it that rare, you make any player who has anything resembling a good item on them a target.

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Don't kid yourself. You could make it so players couldn't be looted, and you'd still have people capping each other in the head.

People really don't need a reason to shoot each other beyond "because I can". Everything else is just a bonus.

• Options
    Okay, you really want to upgrade to a Wooden Bow ASAP. The arrows fly like three times as fast. Way easier to hit moving targets.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I mean... If you just shower some poor sap in bullets in DayZ, you end up with a useless corpse with 90% of the good stuff they had ruined and unusable.

Doesn't stop people from doing it though.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    So is this actually a zombie MMO, or is it a douchebaggery/fuckaround simulator where zombies are a complete afterthought like DayZ?

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Zombies can be a threat, especially in big numbers. They can drop some decent gear, so they are actually worth killing. That said, they do need some work. If they put in roving hordes and increase the number of zombies, then they will be a major part of the game, up there with hunger/thirst.

I don't know what you expect out of a zombie MMO though. The fun I get out of the game is based around pvp. I'm not sure if how the people playing on pve servers stay entertained with the current state of the game.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I would like to see a Dead Rising style MMO.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    They've said that one of their goals is to implement more zombies and make them more aggressive, but they need to stabilize the servers and get those running optimally first.
    http://se.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2t7jvf/update_1212015_1235_pm_pacific/

Right now it's just a game to dick around in. Should be more fleshed out and more fun later.

Robes on
  • Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    So is this actually a zombie MMO, or is it a douchebaggery/fuckaround simulator where zombies are a complete afterthought like DayZ?

The second. Even though they have self billed this as a MMO, it has nothing right now that justifies that.

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    How are you guys getting loot off zombies? I've killed a ton, punched the shit out their bodies, and haven't seen a single loot drop.

• Options
    It's not all that common. It shows up as a bag on the spot where they died, in case the ragdoll has them roll down a hill or something.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I'd assumed you needed to go choppy choppy with some kind of bladed weapon like with animals, but maybe not.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    It's not all that common. It shows up as a bag on the spot where they died, in case the ragdoll has them roll down a hill or something.

Gotcha, I'll keep my eyes open.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Yall wrote: »

Gotcha, I'll keep my eyes open.

I always run up to their body and open my inventory to recover my arrows. If the zombie does drop loot, you can see the bag in the local items section. You can't loot the bag from this screen, but it does make it easy to notice.

more patch notes
    Revised loot spawn rules
    Your nameplate will not display while prone.
    Fixed Metal Doors to open/close/lock/unlock properly.
    Punji stick traps, dew collectors, and rabbit traps will now slowly decay over time. They can be repaired with a hammer.
    Punji sticks have lower health and should be a little easier to remove.
    Spool of twine now has a unique icon.
    The arrow recipe now produces one arrow instead of two. :(
    Increased placed barricade resistance to damage.
    Slightly raised the chance to harvest usable cloth from dead zombies.
    Metal pipes, metal sheets, and hunting rifles can be melted down in furnaces for metal bars.
    There were two Calamity (EU) servers. One has been renamed to Collapse (EU). Please check the green character indicator on the far left of server select to see if which server your character is on.
    The ground tamper item has been disabled and the recipe to make it is no longer discoverable
    Improved Vehicle Survivability
    Rotten food has been removed from the fridge spawners

Ratsult2 on