As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]LOPHOSAURUS

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    DK says James Franco's younger brother isn't really that good looking, merely super white looking

I respectfully disagree

Eddy, he looks like he was birthed by a prep school dormitory.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Two random ladies just showed up at my school and handed me a drink called yakult, which some googling reveals is a pro biotic fermented milk drink that contains bacterium Lactobacillus casei.

Whiiiiich means nothing to me.

It's yogurt.

It is drinkable, so slightly different, but same basic idea then?

Gogurt

Apparently it contains a special strain of the bacterium, named Shirota, named after the dude that made it or whatever.

It did not taste very good.

it is just normal yogurt quizzy

No it is a specific brand with specific flavoring and other things added. And also the only product to contain that particular strain.

every yogurt brand does that bs

Okay.

And I did not enjoy this one.

I do not understand the point of this conversation at all.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    you're making it sound like its some weird unique thing as opposed to a perfectly ordinary normal thing

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    the culture of deebaser's company is very anti-personal water bottle

in like a start-up with arm sleeves and office pets i'm sure it's no big deal

Well, you dont bring a water bottle to a meeting!

I don't know, the whole picture says to me "we offer zero amenities" and maybe it's just me, but every place Ive ever worked that skimped on coffee also penny pinched on benefits/pay

I feel like you are reading too much into the beverages but not enough into the rest.

I see too many laptops at that meeting, and the beverages and phone chargers mean that shit has been going on forever. Work doesn't actually get done at meetings, so more than the drink situation, it screams to me "we waste the time of 8+ employees for hours and hours at a time while nothing gets accomplished"

also: byod

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    holy fuck I hurt all over after today

I literally did not get off my feet for 10 hours

not once

so much bullshit

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    you're making it sound like its some weird unique thing as opposed to a perfectly ordinary normal thing

I will make sure not to share random ladies showing up out of the blue with no explanation and giving me beverages again because you find it too mundane.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    there are only two reasons an organization will go byod:

1) they think it will save them money on IT, which means they're both cheap and deluded
    2) they have a bunch of employees who are special sensitive snowflakes who must use their own personal computers for work or they feed

neither of those bodes well

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

1) they think it will save them money on IT, which means they're both cheap and deluded
    2) they have a bunch of employees who are special sensitive snowflakes who must use their own personal computers for work or they feed

We have BYOD...for phones...because fuck blackberry. Gimme $50 a month instead

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

I will make sure not to share random ladies showing up out of the blue with no explanation and giving me beverages again because you find it too mundane.

random ladies give me yogurt like every day

and i'm like "ain't no thing"

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    DK says James Franco's younger brother isn't really that good looking, merely super white looking

I respectfully disagree

ahahahaha that kid is Franco's brother?

I kinda liked him in 21 Jump Street. Late in the movie when he's freaking out.

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options

We have BYOD...for phones...because fuck blackberry. Gimme $50 a month instead

well yeah for phones

that's one thing

byod for phones is just business as usual

computers are a different thing

• Options
    also, fuck having two phones

• Options

I read this as anti-personnel water bottle

is it filled with like tear gas or something?

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    joe-dumars.jpg

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Well, you dont bring a water bottle to a meeting!

I don't know, the whole picture says to me "we offer zero amenities" and maybe it's just me, but every place Ive ever worked that skimped on coffee also penny pinched on benefits/pay

I feel like you are reading too much into the beverages but not enough into the rest.

I see too many laptops at that meeting, and the beverages and phone chargers mean that shit has been going on forever. Work doesn't actually get done at meetings, so more than the drink situation, it screams to me "we waste the time of 8+ employees for hours and hours at a time while nothing gets accomplished"

also: byod

I read byod and thought we were still talking about the drinks. It took me a moment.

• Options
    byob office

fuck yeah

• Options
    i'm a huge lush but i never drink at work

there are lines, man

• Options

there are lines, man

way way back in the day

we used to keep a bottle of jack daniels in the store fridge

what fuckin' idiots we were

shouldn't have risked our jobs over shitty whiskey

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

there are lines, man

I only did when I was working in the restaurant kitchen. And that was more like everyone was drinking.

Only once did I ever get rip roaring drunk though.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    My schedule at work means I am often in the office until 8pm or later. There are frequently company events that run 5:30 to 6:30 where free booze is served in the office. I've definitely grabbed 3 bottles of beer and carried them back to my desk before to finish off the day right.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Curse.com is beta testing a vent-like tool for league of legends that includes timers for some vital respawns and abilities, apparently spoken in the channel for you.

Interesting

1) Does Riot approve? They're not exactly keen on helper programs.

2) Curse's track record with security is very poor. I'm not sure that I would trust any executable downloaded from Curse.

according to the Riot forums it appears to be acceptable... I'm goign to try and get into the beta and see what it's like.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    i asked my work if they would give me a monthly refund if i opted out of their health plan that they pay for entirely

and they just never got back to me

• Options
    ow

vicodin pls

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    he's p good looking imo

Dave-Franco.jpg

• Options
    he's also really small : 3

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

I respectfully disagree

but also handsome

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    that's just an awful shade of pink

i'm thinking more like dis
    pink-hair.jpg

Okay I can agree about the shade / tone making a difference.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Dave Franco and Zac Efron look more related than the Brothers Franco

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    oh my she is pretty

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited April 2014

said eddy, leaning back in his chair, perusing the auto-created "shirt off" category in google images

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    These baked chips are really stretching the definition of "baked". They were topped with cheddar cheese before they were baked, so all the oil ran out and effectively fried them in the oven.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    These baked chips are really stretching the definition of "baked". They were topped with cheddar cheese before they were baked, so all the oil ran out and effectively fried them in the oven.

technical virgin chips find the best health loopholes.

• Options
    it is 11pm. I have a 9am meeting. I am mildly buzzed

moar whiskey y/y?

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    it is 11pm. I have a 9am meeting. I am mildly buzzed

moar whiskey y/y?
    n

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh god I need to get out of this living arrangement.

It's nice enough out that we can finally open the windows! Yay!

I'm in the basement, boo!

It rained today, yay!

It's extremely humid today, boo!

A nice draft is going through upstairs, yay!

It gets incredibly hot in the basement due to stale air, boo!

And there are about 4-5 PCs down here, including my PC which is a massive heat generator due to its age, super boo!

So basically it's humid, stale air, and superheated down here...

Whee. :(

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    The achewood cookbook (which is surprisingly good) has a great tip for making nachos: put the bare chips in the oven for a minute prior to adding cheese or other toppings. This toasts the chips a bit so they remain crispy even when covered in cheese or refried beans.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    elendil such a killjoy

but yeah, bed is a good idea

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    The achewood cookbook (which is surprisingly good) has a great tip for making nachos: put the bare chips in the oven for a minute prior to adding cheese or other toppings. This toasts the chips a bit so they remain crispy even when covered in cheese or refried beans.

oooh, I should try this.

I make nachos entirely too often.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    apropos of nothing:

yugoslavia was a terrifying refinement of ethnic cleansing refined to a science

gas chambers are so archaic

aRkpc.gif
This discussion has been closed.