As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2014 Forum Badges

• Options
    XarthanXarthan Registered User regular
    1)RPG
    2)MMO
    3)Euro

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    1)RPG
    2)Euro
    3)MMO

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    1) Euro
    2) RPG
    3) MMO

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Options
    SanDogWepsSanDogWeps Limerick Monger San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Been watching this for a bit, and have seemed to miss exactly what a forum badge is for? Maybe a link to a previous post that has an explanation?

keyanEQ2_100x400.gif
  • Options
    The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    SanDogWeps wrote: »
    Been watching this for a bit, and have seemed to miss exactly what a forum badge is for? Maybe a link to a previous post that has an explanation?
    For fun? Posterity? A Forum Badge is its own reward? XD

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • Options
    shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular

kind of an extra badge that identifies you as a member of the forums, differentiates you from the masses at PAX . I've had a few conversations start whilst waiting in queues etc when people see the badges, generally along the lines of "oh I've seen your posts on the forum" or hey I don't recognise the name which part of the forums do you hang around in" etc etc

that and the artwork is pretty damned good and its another PAX reminder thing (similar to the coins) - I have the ones i've collected on a pin board next to the custom character artwork badges I get made for Blizzcon (a-la my current forum avatar is my customer badge for Blizzcon later this year) - the big difference being I pay for my arty ones and @kropotkin‌ does the PAX ones for free ;)

• Options
    The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    I thought they said the forums badges cost money too. At least, the cost of making them and possibly shipping.

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • Options
    Shm3lioShm3lio Registered User regular
    No. You pick them up at PAX

• Options
    Oh interesting! Where would we meet up for them? The queue is rather...crowded.

Gaming since 1986.
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah these have always been provided through the good will of @‌kropotkin and have never cost anything for attendees.

• Options
    I thought that the OP had the wiki link in it, but maybe not.
    http://wiki.paxcommunity.net/paxwiki/Forum_Badge

• Options
    Thanks Zerzhul!

Gaming since 1986.
  • Options
    kcrobinsonkcrobinson Registered User regular
    So, is it time yet to tally up the responses?

• Options
    That's up to the OP. They're the one running this.

Gaming since 1986.
  • Options
    RaidriarRaidriar Registered User regular
    I'm just glad they're kind enough to do this. Adds a little something extra to PAX (which is already hard to get into and a ton of fun).

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    kcrobinson wrote: »
    So, is it time yet to tally up the responses?

I have decided to wrap up the voting on Monday 26th May (that's this coming Monday as I post this).

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    SanDogWepsSanDogWeps Limerick Monger San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Thanks all. That said:
    1)RPG
    2)Euro
    3)MMO

keyanEQ2_100x400.gif
  • Options
    savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    Darn you kropotkin‌. These badges are Fracking awesome. I'm liking all 3 equally (if for different reasons). If I could vote 3 times I would, so I must abstain.

Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    I don't think I've voted yet so I'm voting 3, 1, 2. All look great though. You always do a kickass job kropotkin!

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    If one wanted to contribute to the creator in some way, what would be appropriate?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Virgin sacrifices over a volcano are the de facto method of contribution to most minor to major forum dieties.

• Options
    cbelleviecbellevie Registered User regular
    Next year, going to have to not do store pick up on any new release games. The mailbox is a lot closer to my computer than the store.

• Options
    Virgin sacrifices over a volcano are the de facto method of contribution to most minor to major forum dieties.
    I thought they only did that with gullible men in order to save soda companies.

Gaming since 1986.
  • Options
    If one wanted to contribute to the creator in some way, what would be appropriate?
    He has not ever accepted contributions. I'm sure you could thank him if you meet him at pax though. Maybe buy him a pint.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

May you live to be a thousand years old, sir.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    YoungFrey wrote: »

Well, women do live longer than men these days! ;D

The Word of Bird on
    Gaming since 1986.
  • Options

I'm confused, if we're still referencing Joe Versus The Volcano you've exceeded my trivia level.

• Options

I'm confused, if we're still referencing Joe Versus The Volcano you've exceeded my trivia level.
    I've forgotten some parts it seems. I was teasing you about the "sir" part, since I'm a woman. You seem to remember more than I do. I need a dvd of it. It's the movie that made me have a higher standard for plane luggage! XD

And we're continuing the practice of geek/old school/campy movie references to while away the time till badges go on sale.

Gaming since 1986.
  • Options

I've forgotten some parts it seems. I was teasing you about the "sir" part, since I'm a woman. You seem to remember more than I do. I need a dvd of it. It's the movie that made me have a higher standard for plane luggage! XD

And we're continuing the practice of geek/old school/campy movie references to while away the time till badges go on sale.
    Any time I quote a film on record, I verify I have the wording exactly right. That's the only reason I left the mis-gendered 'sir' in. Also, I was introduced to that film because my coworkers kept quoting that line.

• Options

Any time I quote a film on record, I verify I have the wording exactly right. That's the only reason I left the mis-gendered 'sir' in. Also, I was introduced to that film because my coworkers kept quoting that line.
    Good coworkers! I grew up watching a number of campy movies. Joe vs the Volcano was something my parents and I watched together. I've been lucky enough to watch so many odd but good movies over the years. :)

Gaming since 1986.
  • Options
    I think we've lost the topic >.>

• Options
    edited May 2014
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I think we've lost the topic >.>

Oops! Wrong thread!! *blush* I forgot I went to a different thread!

The Word of Bird on
    Gaming since 1986.
  • Options
    Well, I will definitely buy the badge creator a drink of their choice.

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Greetings! Tis I the creator of the PAX Forum Badge and friend of the exclamation mark! I have counted the 69 votes and have determined that the theme for PAX Prime 2014 Forum Badge is *drum roll*

RPG CHARACTER SHEET

Thank you all for participating. I shall begin working on the final version of the badge over the coming weeks. Sadly I cannot start it this weekend as I'm going to this:

UK Games Expo

As for contributing some monies towards the badge, that really isn't necessary. This is my way of giving back to the community and merely wearing it while at PAX is thanks enough.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    XarthanXarthan Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Greetings! Tis I the creator of the PAX Forum Badge and friend of the exclamation mark! I have counted the 69 votes and have determined that the theme for PAX Prime 2014 Forum Badge is *drum roll*

RPG CHARACTER SHEET

Thank you all for participating. I shall begin working on the final version of the badge over the coming weeks. Sadly I cannot start it this weekend as I'm going to this:

UK Games Expo

As for contributing some monies towards the badge, that really isn't necessary. This is my way of giving back to the community and merely wearing it while at PAX is thanks enough.

Sweet! Can't wait to see... Hopefully I can get a PAX Badge and pick one up :)

• Options
    SilvertwinnSilvertwinn Going on 40. "Get off my lawn!"Registered User regular

RPG CHARACTER SHEET

UK Games Expo

Excellent! I can't wait to pick mine up. :smiley:

• Options
    shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    UK Games Expo
    *off topic* grrrrrr I live about 10 miles from there and cant go because of work

*ON topic* YAY Badges ;)

• Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    I love the RPG sheet! Hope I'm not too late to get added to the back. :) If so no worries.

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    RaidriarRaidriar Registered User regular
    Wow! I actually didn't think RPG would win but that's great! That one was definitely my favorite. Thanks for all your hard work.

• Options
    Yay, I will get my first forum badge. I'm super jazzed about this.