As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] We say farewell to spear spam of old, and hello to our catly overlady

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    So does anyone live in the LA area? I am changing jobs AGAIN, would love to meet up with peeps!

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So does anyone live in the LA area? I am changing jobs AGAIN, would love to meet up with peeps!

Yep, Long Beach!

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Just remember that if your game finishes before 7 minutes are up, you get NAHTHING. NAAAAAHTHIIIING.

(We may have won a game of Dom in like 6:20)

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    First dom... ended up on the wrong end of a 4v5 game. I still did really bad though, so I think I need more time just figuring out where I should pressure.

Does it make sense to usually grab an intermediate item out of the gate (say, brutalizer), or get components (say, boots/swords/pots)?

On mostly everyone you are best served starting off boots, a prospectors item, and pots. In top lane, if you are a tank you can also start with health items that build into the defensive items you want. Bottom lane has a few champions that can start catalyst, the most notable being Maokai and Swain.

And yeah... on dominion that no xp/ip thing should really be lowered to 5 minutes at least....

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Sometimes I think people go too far.
    j7V7efw.jpg

Yes, that's Draven.

Sampsen on
    Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    WTF.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hah, you beat me to it.

Edit: When taking a look at the BB Talon image as well it becomes apparent that the Noxian response to the Demacian Commando line isn't the Crimson Elite, but the Battle Bunnies.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    There needs to be a Noxian support so a full bunny line could be made...

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Janna is from Zaun, is that close enough?

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Battle Bunny Janna would actually be wearing more clothing than her normal outfit...

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Janna is firmly in the Piltover camp though.

Riot is back on the hating LeBlanc band wagon so maybe they'll shift her into the tactician role seeing as she has a world of CC and tricks she can work with.

Then the battle bunny team would be Riven, Talon, Draven, LeBlanc, Darius. Maybe Sion after rework.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »

Janna is firmly in the Piltover camp though.

Riot is back on the hating LeBlanc band wagon so maybe they'll shift her into the tactician role seeing as she has a world of CC and tricks she can work with.

Then the battle bunny team would be Riven, Talon, Draven, LeBlanc, Darius. Maybe Sion after rework.

Can't use Riven then, since she's not with Noxus anymore.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    2mfhu8.jpg

And with a thresh that got mad and left after some killer fiora ganks, we go 3-0 in promotions.

Also, I'm torn between getting Quinn and finishing my goal of having all the ADCs, getting Leona/Thresh, or saving my ip for Agnus.

EDIT: Also, despite ending the game 2-0-8 with the highest cs, Fiora definitely carried me in that one. Holy damn those ganks. Like I was way down in cs at the beginning, and was forced out of lane by cait, and was generally sucking. Then the allmighty Fiora got a kill on thresh, ganked mid, came back for a double kill, grabbed dragon, and got tower.

Khavall on
  • Options
    SpoonySpoony Registered User regular
    Hmm. XDG vs LMQ promotion today.

Scarra is bucking conventional wisdom and betting on XDG.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    that was a brutal stomp

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Brand rushing Liandry's Torment and Rylai's is still super strong and I highly recommend him for anyone not playing him! And he is great top vs stuff with weak gapcloser (garen etc)!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Trying to kill RCS Brand that also has CDR as a melee is just about the worst experience you can have. It's different from being melee against a fed Swain because Brand having a skillshot stun gives the illusion that you can actually approach him, making the inevitable death all the more bitter.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Indeed Talith, he is really good vs the FF junglers too (not yi!) because most of them lack gap closers. And since his burst damage is medicore at best mid to late game it's better to go tanky with cdr and let people belive they will live as they run of only to burn to death from double dots! And because he offers so much aoe damage he is really good vs teams that group up and dive etc!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I, for one, welcome our new LCS ultralords.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    hmmm so only 6 out of 8 NA teams are NA now? Not sure I am a fan of this. Next season zero NA teams.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    LMQ lives and plays in North America, just like EG. They're North American teams.

• Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    LMQ lives and plays in North America, just like EG. They're North American teams.

I get that still not sure I am a fan of it. When it was one team I was like OK at least it is a bunch of popular streamers I am familiar with. But really Asia is so far ahead of us they could literally come over take up most of our spots and that just seems... not fun really. I would rather watch TSM or C9 lose terribly in Worlds every year than have three Asian teams from EU, NA and Asia duke it out.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    corin7 wrote: »

I get that still not sure I am a fan of it. When it was one team I was like OK at least it is a bunch of popular streamers I am familiar with. But really Asia is so far ahead of us they could literally come over take up most of our spots and that just seems... not fun really. I would rather watch TSM or C9 lose terribly in Worlds every year than have three Asian teams from EU, NA and Asia duke it out.
    I've heard that LMQ still loses to the current NA top 3, FWIW, so no huge threat of that happening just yet.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'm interested in seeing if Uzi really does come over to join LMQ like he said he would.

pyromaniac221 on
  • Options
    A requirement of being an NA team should be that you do interviews in English. I have no problem with LMQ coming over here and trying their hand, but I have a big problem if they don't actually intend to try and integrate into society around them. I was caught off guard when all their interviews weren't English, it really bugs me.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    In fairness to them, they have been learning. English is just a real son-of-a-bitch language to pick up, especially if you're native tongue is from a whole different linguistic family.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    This interview with Vasilii is partly in English.

He obviously can understand more than he can speak, but he said that they'd all be making a much bigger effort to learn English and communicate with their fans now that they secured an LCS spot and know that they'll be here at least for a few months and probably more. It seemed like they (or at least he) really wanted to be an 'NA team' and represent the community well.

pyromaniac221 on
  • Options
    Great! I wasn't able to watch all of the games today and must have missed that.

Well, I feel like an ass now, and I wish them the best.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Sampsen wrote: »
    A requirement of being an NA team should be that you do interviews in English. I have no problem with LMQ coming over here and trying their hand, but I have a big problem if they don't actually intend to try and integrate into society around them. I was caught off guard when all their interviews weren't English, it really bugs me.

The US doesn't have an official language. Why does it matter what language they speak?

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

The US doesn't have an official language. Why does it matter what language they speak?

Because unofficially English is the language of the US and Canada.

I imagine that a lot of people watching and cheering for teams in NA are English speakers. I mean, sure, you can have sports players that don't speak a lick of English (which isn't entirely true in this case), but there's a reason that every athlete speaks English.

It sounds like a "speak my language foreigner!" kind of thing, but I think it's mostly just motivated by wanted to be able to connect with the players a bit more. I can get that.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options

I imagine that a lot of people watching and cheering for teams in NA are English speakers. I mean, sure, you can have sports players that don't speak a lick of English (which isn't entirely true in this case), but there's a reason that every athlete speaks English.

It sounds like a "speak my language foreigner!" kind of thing, but I think it's mostly just motivated by wanted to be able to connect with the players a bit more. I can get that.
    Sir, the unofficial language of the US is "Awesome"

:3

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Vasilii talks english when he is streaming to so after what I know he is doing a real effort, and if LMQ can make dig and curse step op the game I'm happy for them to be in lcs!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    Vasilii talks english when he is streaming to so after what I know he is doing a real effort, and if LMQ can make dig and curse step op the game I'm happy for them to be in lcs!

I agree whole heatedly. Anyone who has a grudge against them because they are 'Asian' has racial issues. The fact that they came from another country to set up shop here to represent the NA scene is in and of itself American. They are literally living the classic American dream right now.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    So. Baron respawns. I get a ward up, but... my team isn't even trying to be ready for a fight, so I'm just watching as they take out my ward, set up wards, and kill baron while my team saunters over... just in time for them to 5v1 on me and then use all their ults.

I just... even the person calling the respawn time wasn't paying attention.

Edit: On a different note, I keep missing Fizz's ult because of its silly "stop at mouse cursor" mechanic. Unlike every other linear skill shot in the game, I have to rush my mouse way out past my target for it. If I try to E onto someone and set the shark, half the time I click so fast it just drops at my feet and they walk out of it.

Polaritie on
  • Options
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

That team has an unusually large number of attractive guys on it.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    This interview with Vasilii is partly in English.

He obviously can understand more than he can speak, but he said that they'd all be making a much bigger effort to learn English and communicate with their fans now that they secured an LCS spot and know that they'll be here at least for a few months and probably more. It seemed like they (or at least he) really wanted to be an 'NA team' and represent the community well.
    There's an amusing other side to one of the questions asked. The interviewer mentions how people were rooting for LMQ over XDG and asking "how does it feel to have fans here?", except there's probably a fair contingent of people who just wanted XDG out of the LCS and just rooting against them.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

That team has an unusually large number of attractive guys on it.

Hell yeah it does. I think we had this conversation during Worlds but lets have it again because Gogoing's cheekbones are a work of art and we don't get enough art nowadays.

• Options

I'm not seeing the need, much less the requirement, especially in this day and age where getting a translator is really easy.

And since when is not speaking English a foreigner thing?

My everyday reality is interacting with Americans born and raised that can't speak a word of English.

It's not that every athelete speaks English, because they sure as hell don't. It's because they generally don't bother interviewing the ones that don't speak English.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    You know the fewer words they use that I understand the less likely I am to cringe during the interview.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg