As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

24: Legacy doesn't think it needs Jack Bauer

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Kagera wrote: »
    Chloe's hair is the bomb

Knowing this show, Chloe's hair is probably literally a bomb.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Chloe's hair is the bomb

Knowing this show, Chloe's hair is probably literally a bomb.

DAMN IT CHLOE!

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME, CHLOE. WHICH LOCK OF HAIR DO I CUT TO DEFUSE THE BOMB? TELL ME CHLOE, WHICH LOCK OF HAIR??

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well since its set in England we at least know no one will have a tooth bomb...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Good enough for getting back into the swing of things. The weakest stuff was the real callbacks to the previous seasons but it held my attention, bad drone CGI aside.

And Strahovski is a good choice for being the straight laced person. She's basically playing Sarah Walker again, only Chuck was a super dick.

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I DVR'd this and am just getting ready to sit down and watch it.

Ahhh, 24, it's so good to have you back. Like settling down back home into an old leather chair after being away for years. And then Jack Bauer breaks in and tortures you and the chair explodes.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    This was a great start to the season.

Time to DAMMIT: 42 minutes

That is way too long, 24!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Reaction to the premiere:
    Seems like plot points we have seen before, but I'll give the writers a chance. However, I still retain the right to bail if there another mole...

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Thought the prostitute girlfriend was a honey trap. Silly hacker.

Audrey's husband started off as a designated bad guy, but it appears he's a well meaning, yet over protective asshole. Gonna be fun when Jack meets him.

Who was the hot Asian agent in the beginning?

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    So, I'm digging it so far. It has a lot of the same quirks and silliness of previous seasons, but isn't that why we watch 24 in the first place?
    I love that Jack has his own British Hacker version of CTU now. The head hacker guy there, can't remember his name right now, is definitely involved somehow.

Also, for some reason, I was thinking that the shadowy woman on the phone who talked to the drone hacker guy might have been Dina Araz from season 4, but then I read up on her on a wiki and remembered that she was killed. And at the end it was also obviously not her. Was that woman someone we are supposed to know or just a random new character?

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Chloe knows that fingerless gloves give you a plus two to all hacking related skills. Good for her :D

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Okay, they didn't lose their touch. Well done. As for specific things happening,
    When I saw Heller I was like, "Oh neat." Then he was addressed as president. Then him having Alzheimer's was laid out and I felt sad. He was a pain in the ass character a time or two but I still liked him.

Audrey being around I haven't decided on. I mean, I guess it makes sense that she would recover, but is it really necessary for her to be back? We'll see I guess.

I'm not digging Chloe's internet-crusader persona she got setup with. But it at least explains the awful English goth/punk rock thing. Any chances we'll find out what happened regarding her family?

• Options
    OH! One more thing:
    The CIA office looked pretty much like CTU.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Once again Miranda has the position of being designated wrong person who keeps surviving...

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    The CIA office looked EXACTLY like CTU.

I do enjoy yelling at the TV and laughing at some of the stuff the show does, still. Especially the timing of events. While I do think they really need to ditch the 'this happens in real time' gimmick, I will admit there are several instances where it's just stupid-funny. Like Chloe taking her stuff and escaping from the van in five seconds. Or the agents going from the basement to having rounded up all the gang members in, like, one minute. How? HOW?!

They'll never do it because it's 24, though.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    My brother made me want to punch him during the show. Keep in mind this was his first foray into seeing the show ever.
    When the hacker guy was first shown in the second episode and that East-Euro chick was with him, my brother blurted out at some point, "She's probably a spy." I joked that it certainly has happened before, but in my head I knew he was right. And the more they emphasized her being there, the more I knew he was right.

So when the knife just kinda slipped into her hand I was like "Goddamn you forever."

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Yaaay 24!

And it's technically Day 9, so it's a guaranteed awesome season following the Odd Number rule of 24 seasons being the best.

(I hope. The trailers made me kinda nervous that they're gonna blow it and make the scope way bigger than the 12 episodes needs. Hoping for more of a low key Spooks type feel)

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    24 hasn't done low key since season 1

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    There isn't an odd number rule in 24. Seasons 2-5 were the best, the others less so is the 24 'rule'.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Man, 1, 3 and 7 are all decent runner ups to 5 as the best. 2, 4, 6 and 8 do not compare.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    Your typical 24 silliness aside
    That army guy getting told to go to cover and not doing anything at the end of the first episode went on a tad too long.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Mole speculation:
    On the assumption the writers cannot resist playing the mole card, safe bet that Yvonne Strahovski's husband was framed by the actual traitor?

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    That is probably a safe bet.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    I enjoyed it. I do like how Bauer tries to do things on reputation alone but brits they just don't know the man, but they will oh they will.

Also I thought england had some kind of gun control? More like GUNS EVERYWHERE! It was weird hearing Micheal Wincott's real accent.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Anyone else notice that Bauer has killed so many people his confirmed kill list appeared to be in alphabetical order?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that Bauer has killed so many people his confirmed kill list appeared to be in alphabetical order?

I was delighted by that file and had to take a screen grab. It actually looks to be loosely in chronological order.
    CMatN6t.jpg?1

There are some real greatest-hits names on that list. Ira Gaines, fuck that guy. The Drazens, fuck all of them. Vladimir Bierko. A certain "C. Henderson". Nina Meyers yes please. Curtis Manning: why isn't there a sad face next to that one on the file? Hassan, Hassim, Halil, the Terrorist H-Brothers! They definitely should have checked the wiki article though, they missed a ton of random mooks.

Also, did you guys know that Jack Bauer has a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature? Sorry for that unmarked spoiler.
    H5q5Xxl.jpg?1

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Assorted notes from the first two episodes.
    Kiefer Sutherland is super cut.
    I like Jack Bauer's new cybernetic implant and I hope he has more of them.
    It took Jack like fifteen minutes before he took out the CIA's best field agent and a security guard while handcuffed.
    The new character, Cerberus OperativeCIA Agent Miranda Lawson Kate is pretty great so far. She was really cold in the first couple scenes (I think she wrapped herself in that sweater 3 times) but quickly established as the type of no-nonsense, to-hell-with-protocol, results oriented badass that 24 thrives with. If you care about following the rules, you're just in Jack Bauer's way and the audience will not like you. (See: That other CIA field-agent who is set up to take Kate's job)
    John Boyega as the framed drone pilot is my first exposure to any of the new people cast for Episode VII. Happy with his performance so far!
    Stephen Fry is in this!
    Catelyn Stark is in this?! Love this actress, I think she'll be great as a villain.

"Look, I can tell you consider yourself a pretty intimidating group. You probably think I'm at a disadvantage; I promise you, I'm not." - Jack Bauer, moments before killing a bunch of dudes with guns pointed at him using mostly a knife.

I enjoyed the premiere, looking forward to the rest of it.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    Catelyn Stark is in this?! Love this actress, I think she'll be great as a villain.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THANK YOU

I have been racking my brain trying to remember where I knew her from!

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    That other guy CIA guy seems like a whiny babby.

Like, I am hoping he gets killed. But he'll probably just be a good guy of some stripe and his death will be a tragedy. Like how you don't really like Terry at work and wish he didn't work there, but would be sad if he actually died.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    It took Jack like fifteen minutes before he took out the CIA's best field agent and a security guard while handcuffed.
    The new character, Cerberus OperativeCIA Agent Miranda Lawson Kate is pretty great so far. She was really cold in the first couple scenes (I think she wrapped herself in that sweater 3 times) but quickly established as the type of no-nonsense, to-hell-with-protocol, results oriented badass that 24 thrives with. If you care about following the rules, you're just in Jack Bauer's way and the audience will not like you. (See: That other CIA field-agent who is set up to take Kate's job)
    John Boyega as the framed drone pilot is my first exposure to any of the new people cast for Episode VII. Happy with his performance so far!
    Stephen Fry is in this!

"Look, I can tell you consider yourself a pretty intimidating group. You probably think I'm at a disadvantage; I promise you, I'm not." - Jack Bauer, moments before killing a bunch of dudes with guns pointed at him using mostly a knife.

My head canon is that she's Sarah Walker with an alias.

• Options
    That other guy CIA guy seems like a whiny babby.

Like, I am hoping he gets killed. But he'll probably just be a good guy of some stripe and his death will be a tragedy. Like how you don't really like Terry at work and wish he didn't work there, but would be sad if he actually died.

Which one Benjamin Bratt or mini terry crews? Mini terry crews is hella a mole. Benjamin Bratt is actually Jack Bauer's mole, and the mole is a mole of a mole.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Benjamin Bratt is okay, Mini-Terry Crews is definitely setup as the annoying adversarial good-guy role. Which is always annoying, but doesn't necessarily make him a mole. In fact those characters are historically not the mole, although the show might know this and be using it to hide the fact that he's totally a mole.

• Options
    I do like serbian Tony, guy is totally a bro and has no problem attacking the CIA which means something!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The name Terry as I used it was just like, a random dude's name. I have no idea what anyone is called since I haven't really closely followed the 24's.

• Options
    Well he does look like a mini terry crews.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yaaay 24!

And it's technically Day 9, so it's a guaranteed awesome season following the Odd Number rule of 24 seasons being the best.

(I hope. The trailers made me kinda nervous that they're gonna blow it and make the scope way bigger than the 12 episodes needs. Hoping for more of a low key Spooks type feel)

I think you're confusing this with the Final Fantasy rule.

• Options
    24 really doesn't follow an odd even rule. I mean 1 and 2 were decent (aside from the bauer family storyline in both seasons, though 2 did give us the ice cold cap a rapist/muderer twice line from dad to daughter), 3 was kind of crap but Nina ate a bullet, 4 was strong, 5 was decent outside of Audrey being horrible, 6 was trash, 7 was decent, 8 had its moments but ended kind of poorly.

In all honesty the show is at its strongest when its Jack kicking ass, and at its weakest when its trying to have real relationships between its characters.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Huh, until watching these first 2 episodes, I don't think I realized how much I missed 24 and still enjoy the formula (for whatever weaknesses it has) being played out:

Jack kicking the crap out of people, insane breakout schemes that require several elements to be perfectly placed and timed (and work!), Chloe scowling at everything,
    the one CIA operative who knows not to underestimate Bauer (if only everyone else would believe her!), shots of shadowy evil string-puller being all evil (Catelyn Stark!), the seemingly innocuous girlfriend/acquaintance of the doomed dip-shit who was in it for the money revealed to actually be in on it.
    Good stuff - definitely in for the season.

Still curious how they'll deal with the time jumps.

Stephen Fry being in this seems really weird to me for some reason.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    Stephen Fry is in this!

The last thing you wrote in that spoiler.
    I thought it was funny as hell that the guy made a move to smash the gun out of Jack's hand, and Jack was just like, "How convenient, a knife on the table."

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I wonder if they'll ever top the single best moment in the show. You know the one.

http://youtu.be/S-iDguioxV8

i forgave all the bad episodes/seasons after they did this. everything.

watched the first two episodes, seem good and back on form. i was a little worried when the first episode started, it seems like they had opted to go with cheap cameras and it looks really shit. dv cam shit, thankfully it all went back to classic 24 cinematography and lighting after the first ticking clock. i figure the first 6 minutes must of been meant for a prequel thing like they used to do but instead just put it at the start.

still, liking what i'm seeing so far, and it being 12 episodes should hopefully avoid any of those crazy non-sensical filler episodes they were so fond of back in the day. i would be perfectly fine with yvonne taking over from kiefer as the main character of the show though if we get more seasons/spin off. i'm down with that.

not sure how to take chloe going all girl with the dragon tattoo though. :|

and i pissed myself laughing at catelyn stark showing up
    "that's my girl, mommy is waiting"
    part. what the fuck is going on there lol. ever since she left GoT she just been having shitty roles (ironclad 2, omg what shit), i hope this one doesn't turn out too campy for her.

i'm just glad to have the ticking clock and that theme tune back.

i'm fairly sure michael wincott is involved for simply being michael wincott.

Deaderinred on