As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] thread gifting, like drunk Twister, doesn't really have a firm set of rules.

1212224262799

Posts

  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I just had to submit a steam support ticket because I'm tired of big picture mode forgetting that I have games installed on my second hard drive and trying to redownload them to my main drive. I have stared into the abyss and wept.

    Now to wait to months for a response by which time I will have completed downloading a second copy of my game, one for each hard drive, because that's why you have two right?

    DrakeTeeMan
  • OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    Orivon wrote: »
    Haven't given out a game for a while, getting the shakes, I know, let's have a contest.

    Back in December I held a contest where folks had to send in a story related to RPG gaming in some way. Nearly every entry I got had something along the lines of them doing this for twenty or thirty years and how hard it was to pick just one story to tell. Considering this it seems there are still plenty of stories that haven't been told.

    The prize is the (second*) most wanted game among my friends, Child of Light. To win it PM me a story involving you and an RPG, be it video game or tabletop based. Best story will receive the game on steam.

    Also, if you have a story in mind, but are thinking
    I'm not entering this because backlog and because other people deserve to win it more than me

    you can still enter. If you don't want the game for yourself you can enter and nominate someone else to receive the prize if you win.

    The contest ends a week from now, May 12th 9:30 am EST.

    *
    The reason its the second most wanted game is the most wanted game is Blackguards and I wanted to hand out a different game this time.

    Reposting for the night crew.

    IoloSumanaiBeryllineElvenshaeBroncbusterRoyceSraphimCroakerBCKrummithSmokeStacks
  • BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Berylline's Favorite Games Giveaway*
    I was planning on doing this one a little later this month, but I tend to be impatient with gift-giving and such, so it's happening now instead.

    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

    *
    Seeing as how Okami isn't available on PC, and I haven't finished Child of Light, or had a chance to play enough to make a full judgment, this is really "Favorite Games that are currently available on Steam and that I've actually finished or played to the end of the content that is currently available," but that name seemed too long.

    IoloSkutSkutSumanaiSoundsPlushStabbity Stylevegeta_666jclastDrakeKoopahTroopahKarozElvenshaeShadeakajaybayBrocksMulletRoyceSraphimTeeManDrovekCommander ZoomHiT BiTKalnaurLostNinjaCroakerBCJragghenSmokeStacksStollsxiearsHyphyKezzyFirebirdKid PresentableHeirTransparentxenardDissociaterKrummithDoctorArchLoveIsUnityan_altDaxterMax
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Okami was a beautiful game.

    s7Imn5J.png
    vamenKoopahTroopahElvenshaeRoyceSraphimCommander ZoomKalnaurCantidoSpoitStollsBeryllineHyphyKezzyKid PresentableHeirTransparentDoctorArchDaxterMax
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Thanks for all the help getting started in the right (or is it the wrong) direction guys. I will try not to be a pest with questions as there are things for which I have little understanding ... Asking questions is okay right? ;)

    Also thanks for the games that any of you have sent ... I fear for my productivity over the course of the next few days weeks ... [insert standard time unit here]

    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
    Sangheili91RoyceSraphimCommander ZoomKalnaurLostNinjaThe BraysterStollsHyphyKezzy
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »
    Berylline's Favorite Games Giveaway*
    I was planning on doing this one a little later this month, but I tend to be impatient with gift-giving and such, so it's happening now instead.

    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

    *
    Seeing as how Okami isn't available on PC, and I haven't finished Child of Light, or had a chance to play enough to make a full judgment, this is really "Favorite Games that are currently available on Steam and that I've actually finished or played to the end of the content that is currently available," but that name seemed too long.

    If beautiful is your thing, and looking at your list it seems to be a factor, I have to recommend The Last Tinker when it comes out. It's a 3D platformer where everything is super-colorful and looks like a pop-up book. Things are even made of cardboard. It's seriously gorgeous, and (at least to me) is throwing off serious Viva Pinanta vibes for aesthetic. I'm not super far (I think maybe 25%), but it's fun to explore, the puzzles are okay, and the combat is surprisingly deep.

    district_green.jpg

    steam_sig.png
    KoopahTroopahEd GrubermanElvenshaeRoyceSraphimBrocksMulletDarlanKalnaurLostNinjaStollsIoloBeryllinedipuc4lifeHeirTransparentDaxterMax
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    Thanks for all the help getting started in the right (or is it the wrong) direction guys. I will try not to be a pest with questions as there are things for which I have little understanding ... Asking questions is okay right? ;)

    Also thanks for the games that any of you have sent ... I fear for my productivity over the course of the next few days weeks ... [insert standard time unit here]

    Of course, we're all friends here. We're always willing to help newcomers.

    ...have you heard of Ride To Hell - Retribution? :smirk:

    ShimshaiElvenshaeRoyceSraphimDrakeKalnaurLostNinjaThe BraysterStollsIoloHyphyKezzyFirebirdHeirTransparent
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Berylline wrote: »
    Berylline's Favorite Games Giveaway*
    I was planning on doing this one a little later this month, but I tend to be impatient with gift-giving and such, so it's happening now instead.

    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

    *
    Seeing as how Okami isn't available on PC, and I haven't finished Child of Light, or had a chance to play enough to make a full judgment, this is really "Favorite Games that are currently available on Steam and that I've actually finished or played to the end of the content that is currently available," but that name seemed too long.

    If beautiful is your thing, and looking at your list it seems to be a factor, I have to recommend The Last Tinker when it comes out. It's a 3D platformer where everything is super-colorful and looks like a pop-up book. Things are even made of cardboard. It's seriously gorgeous, and (at least to me) is throwing off serious Viva Pinanta vibes for aesthetic. I'm not super far (I think maybe 25%), but it's fun to explore, the puzzles are okay, and the combat is surprisingly deep.

    district_green.jpg

    God damn it... <wishlisted>

    steam_sig.png

    SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
    Kalnaur
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    All these years later and Riven still give me spine tingles.

    Cantido
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    All these years later and Riven still give me spine tingles.

    never got around to playing it. Which is sad since I loved myst and have read all the books.

  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Man I want a new Viva Pinata now.

    Commander ZoomjclastvamenDoctorArchLoveIsUnityBroncbuster
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    Thanks for all the help getting started in the right (or is it the wrong) direction guys. I will try not to be a pest with questions as there are things for which I have little understanding ... Asking questions is okay right? ;)

    Also thanks for the games that any of you have sent ... I fear for my productivity over the course of the next few days weeks ... [insert standard time unit here]

    Of course, we're all friends here. We're always willing to help newcomers.

    ...have you heard of Ride To Hell - Retribution? :smirk:
    Footage of that scene almost made me want to never see a single bit of sexual content in video games ever again. Every game must feature androgynous humanoids only, or floating polygons.

    I really wish Klei had a publisher pack...for reasons......

  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    As a junior game dev myself, I really try to make all of my in-school projects more functional than Ride To Hell.

    RoyceSraphimTeeManIoloKalnaur
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    Thanks for all the help getting started in the right (or is it the wrong) direction guys. I will try not to be a pest with questions as there are things for which I have little understanding ... Asking questions is okay right? ;)

    Also thanks for the games that any of you have sent ... I fear for my productivity over the course of the next few days weeks ... [insert standard time unit here]

    Of course, we're all friends here. We're always willing to help newcomers.

    ...have you heard of Ride To Hell - Retribution? :smirk:
    Footage of that scene almost made me want to never see a single bit of sexual content in video games ever again. Every game must feature androgynous humanoids only, or floating polygons.

    I really wish Klei had a publisher pack...for reasons......

    That's a great idea because they catalog is so varied. There's something for everybody between Eets, Shank, Mark of the Ninja, Don't Starve, and Invisible Inc.. The only repeated genre is a direct sequel in Shank 2.

    steam_sig.png
    RoyceSraphim
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    When is Invisible Inc. coming to early access, damnit.

    Site-note: I was a pretty big skeptic of early access when it was initially rolled out, but those games are about 50% of my playtime these days. I guess I just enjoy mucking around with interesting mechanics, then coming back later to try out what they've done since. I'm never good enough nor have the amount of disposable time to truly master a finished product, so it isn't as important to me. Keeping subscribed to dev diaries and such also makes the evolution of the game feel more personal, it's not just a game released into the wild and I have no idea who the people are who made it, or what concepts and experiments they went through to boil down to a finished product. Watching the alpha update videos of Prison Architect or the humourous tags in every Clockwork Empire dev post are great examples of this.

    It ties into that I often spend more time reading and talking about games than actually playing them these days, I suppose.

    steam_sig.png
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    When is Invisible Inc. coming to early access, damnit.

    .

    It is. Just buy it here http://www.invisibleincgame.com/

    Comes with 2 Steam keys, one to give away to a friend.

    LostNinjaHeirTransparent
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    TeeMan wrote: »
    When is Invisible Inc. coming to early access, damnit.

    .

    It is. Just buy it here http://www.invisibleincgame.com/

    Comes with 2 Steam keys, one to give away to a friend.

    Thank you good sir! I've blown through my Steam budget for this month already, but it's now locked in for a splurge in June.

    steam_sig.png
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    signature.png

    Steamgifts was kind of hemorrhaging when I posted this before. Anybody who doesn't have Gianna Sisters yet?

    LostNinjaIoloBeryllineKid PresentableKarozKrummithBroncbuster
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Shade wrote: »
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    All these years later and Riven still give me spine tingles.

    never got around to playing it. Which is sad since I loved myst and have read all the books.

    Those books were surprisingly good, weren't they? (Although they could have used one more editing pass for typos and such).

    Wish the third book hadn't felt so....derivative isn't the word, but with how absolutely CRAZY the first two books were in scope and content, the third one felt very....generic in terms of its plotting.

    Anyway, you should check out Riven - it's quite a bit more difficult than Myst, but having read Book of Atrus (in particular - can't remember how much, if any, book of Ti'ana deals with this world), it'll be that much more fulfilling.

    Sokpuppet
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Damn you people for letting me know Bad Rats has cards now. This machine I built had been untouched by Bad Rats for so long and now I'm downloading it to idle for cards. And you bet I'm gonna get a badge for it. Maybe even a foil badge.

    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    pixelboost-vampire-teaser.jpg
    Guess what game PC Gamer posted a tutorial about boosing to 4K, whatever that means?

    Here's a clue,
    it involves colons
    but not poo.

    DrovekKoopahTroopah
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    There is just so much I don't know yet ... I don't even know which/what questions to ask.

    I am guessing that the more established and popular games are not easy to get into for noobs like myself unless you get in from the ground floor or have someone willing to suffer through the initiation phase. That being said there is only so much twitch my brain can handle at a time, and even though both team fortress 2 and dota 2 look awesome I would probably get murdered ... literally.

    What kinds of games do you like?

    Right now I play bl2 sometimes online with my brother and I guess I like more sci-fi or fantasy stuff. Love adventure, like strategy and RPGs. Always willing to do some good co-op as long as fun is the name of the game. When people get super serious about a game I think it's time to step back. Used to play a lot of army of 2 and re5 on ps3 co-op. Never really got too much into FPSs on the PC side though since most of my PCs have been crap. Funny thing is that I have a nostromo that I rarely use and I can't say that I am great with kbam ... I am passable. I get stuck on games and never really finish unless I have friends who I can jump in and have fun with.

    Penny Arcade just seems like a great place to get into things like steam (which I have never tried before) so I figured I might want to jump in ... now I fear for my life (what's left of my social life anyway).
    if you like Coop, go get the humble bundle weekly. Orcs must die 2 is amazing

    steam_sig.png
    Albino BunnyCroakerBCIoloxiearsjclastdipuc4lifeDiannaoChong
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    You might want to consider the Valve complete pack whenever the summer sale happens. It gets a 50% discount usually and I think it has some excellent games for that price.

    Especially when you consider that Valve keeps adding games to it.

    Damn you people for letting me know Bad Rats has cards now. This machine I built had been untouched by Bad Rats for so long and now I'm downloading it to idle for cards. And you bet I'm gonna get a badge for it. Maybe even a foil badge.

    Upon reading that Bad Rats has cards now I threw up in my own mouth and then immediately reinstalled it, and am now idling for cards.

    Having Bad Rats right next to Baldur's Gate in my library is just depressing.

    byx6qb5yhxap.jpg
    SanderJKElvenshae
  • IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    DaxterMax wrote: »
    Isorn wrote: »
    Guys. Guess which awesome game just got steam trading cards.
    puVYQuO.png

    Who wouldn't want to craft badges of that game.

    When I looked at this image, the fact it got cards surprised me a little, but what really shocked me is the "7.7 hours on record" in the top corner.
    TGD6z.png

    Would not recommend.

    CorriganXBeryllineElvenshaeTeeMancooljammer00BroncbusterJragghenStollsan_altDaxterMax
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Man, I just don't get you guys sometimes. We all agree that Bad Rats is terrible and not even the hilarious kind of terrible. And yet half the thread has most of the achievements for the thing and more hours clocked in it than in most awesome games in their backlog and we keep giving these people money by gifting it to each other!

    I'm happy to say I've never played Bad Rats, and don't intend to. My gaming time is well caught up enough as is!

    Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
    IoloJazzSorcePixelated PixieLostNinjaVeganKristmas KthulhuStollsKoopahTroopahCommander Zoom
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Found my new profile background
    uI43bpH.jpg

    byx6qb5yhxap.jpg
    xiearsHyphyKezzyjclastKid PresentableElvenshaeHeirTransparentLostNinjaTalus9952cooljammer00BroncbusterJragghenSokpuppetStollsKoopahTroopahbobwocoSpoit
  • xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    There is just so much I don't know yet ... I don't even know which/what questions to ask.

    I am guessing that the more established and popular games are not easy to get into for noobs like myself unless you get in from the ground floor or have someone willing to suffer through the initiation phase. That being said there is only so much twitch my brain can handle at a time, and even though both team fortress 2 and dota 2 look awesome I would probably get murdered ... literally.

    What kinds of games do you like?

    Right now I play bl2 sometimes online with my brother and I guess I like more sci-fi or fantasy stuff. Love adventure, like strategy and RPGs. Always willing to do some good co-op as long as fun is the name of the game. When people get super serious about a game I think it's time to step back. Used to play a lot of army of 2 and re5 on ps3 co-op. Never really got too much into FPSs on the PC side though since most of my PCs have been crap. Funny thing is that I have a nostromo that I rarely use and I can't say that I am great with kbam ... I am passable. I get stuck on games and never really finish unless I have friends who I can jump in and have fun with.

    Penny Arcade just seems like a great place to get into things like steam (which I have never tried before) so I figured I might want to jump in ... now I fear for my life (what's left of my social life anyway).
    if you like Coop, go get the humble bundle weekly. Orcs must die 2 is amazing

    This so hard. Just picked this up myself and have yet to try orcs must die, but risk of rain is worth the 10 dollars alone in my opinion.

    steam_sig.png
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Man, I just don't get you guys sometimes. We all agree that Bad Rats is terrible and not even the hilarious kind of terrible. And yet half the thread has most of the achievements for the thing and more hours clocked in it than in most awesome games in their backlog and we keep giving these people money by gifting it to each other!

    I'm happy to say I've never played Bad Rats, and don't intend to. My gaming time is well caught up enough as is!

    think about it as the gaming equivalent of bad movie night, a few beers and it's surprising how much fun you can have doing bad things. I haven't yet played Bad Rats but I will one day when the mood takes me. I used to do this with a friend, when we had no money to go out at weekend we would buy some cheap cans and the cheapest (£2 or less) xbox game we could find and just play it all night, generally laughing at how terrible it was but still having fun

    I wish I had thought of it on Sunday night when we had friends over but instead we played 4 player pinball

    steam_sig.png
  • BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Berylline wrote: »
    Berylline's Favorite Games Giveaway*
    I was planning on doing this one a little later this month, but I tend to be impatient with gift-giving and such, so it's happening now instead.

    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

    *
    Seeing as how Okami isn't available on PC, and I haven't finished Child of Light, or had a chance to play enough to make a full judgment, this is really "Favorite Games that are currently available on Steam and that I've actually finished or played to the end of the content that is currently available," but that name seemed too long.

    If beautiful is your thing, and looking at your list it seems to be a factor, I have to recommend The Last Tinker when it comes out. It's a 3D platformer where everything is super-colorful and looks like a pop-up book. Things are even made of cardboard. It's seriously gorgeous, and (at least to me) is throwing off serious Viva Pinanta vibes for aesthetic. I'm not super far (I think maybe 25%), but it's fun to explore, the puzzles are okay, and the combat is surprisingly deep.

    Yes, that game is right up my alley. (Thanks for the suggestion!) I wishlisted it as soon as I saw the page show up on Steam. <3

  • Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Hmm, Jet Set Radio for $2.50. Tempting, but I heard it hasn't aged well. Should I play it, or should I avoid ruining the nostalgia?

    Emperor_Z on
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    I think it's time for me to start giving back to the Steam thread. Nowhere near as classy as some of what I have witnessed here but it's a start:

    signature.png

    signature.png

    Both are open to the general PA Steam Group

    steam_sig.png

    SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
    rikdalyKarozSteevLCroakerBCHeirTransparentSangheili91IoloTeeManSorceCorriganXbloodatonementakajaybayKrummithLostNinjaPixelated PixieDoctorArchTalus9952BroncbusterHyphyKezzyRoyceSraphimHiT BiTElvenshaeSmokeStacksStollsKoopahTroopahBeryllineDaxterMax
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    You might want to consider the Valve complete pack whenever the summer sale happens. It gets a 50% discount usually and I think it has some excellent games for that price.

    Especially when you consider that Valve keeps adding games to it..

    Just to clarify, when you buy the Valve complete pack, you only get the games that are in the pack AT TIME OF PURCHASE. You aren't entitled to future games that get added to the pack down the road. At least, that's my understanding, just wanted to throw that out there in case people misinterpret.

    camo_sig2.png
    DiannaoChongSumanai
  • xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Job interview today. If I have a good feeling about it afterwards giveaways shall rain from the sky!!! If not.....giveaways shall rain from the sky.

    steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
    bloodatonementakajaybayIoloDaringDirkjclastPolaritieJazzSteevLLostNinjaEd GrubermanDoctorArchHeirTransparentTalus9952BroncbusterSumanaiHyphyKezzyRoyceSraphimElvenshaeStollsSmokeStacksan_altCorriganXKoopahTroopahKalnaurBeryllineCommander ZoomSpoit
  • DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Last call, less than two hours left!


    DHS Odium wrote: »
    I hope you're all hungry, cause I got some giveaways that start at lunch time on the east coast.

    signature.png

    signature.png

    signature.png

    signature.png

    Take your fill, you have through the weekend and a little extra.


    DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
    KrummithIoloakajaybayEd GrubermanbloodatonementKarozTalus9952ElvenshaeStollsKalnaurBeryllineDaxterMax
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I've been gifted a few cool things lately, trying to even out my karma a bit.
    signature.png
    actually checked the OP for a refresher on steamgifts sigs. :p

    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    LostNinjaakajaybayKarozIoloDaringDirkDoctorArchEd GrubermanDrovekHeirTransparentTalus9952BroncbusterHyphyKezzyElvenshaeStollsSmokeStacksKoopahTroopahBeryllineDaxterMax
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    SteevL wrote: »

    This part is very interesting to me:

    "Note we have put no DRM in Transistor unless you count Steam as a form of DRM. Once you’ve downloaded the game from Steam, you don’t need Steam to be running in order to play."

    I didn't know you could do that. I assumed anything purchased through Steam would then require you to have Steam running to play. That's actually kind of good to know. Are there other games that do this?

    Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

    SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
    bloodatonementLostNinja
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Another new thing: Kentucky Route Zero just got a patch. The long-awaited Act III has been released!

    (I still need to finish Act II; to be honest, the game hasn't grabbed me like it has grabbed others.)
    SteevL wrote: »

    This part is very interesting to me:

    "Note we have put no DRM in Transistor unless you count Steam as a form of DRM. Once you’ve downloaded the game from Steam, you don’t need Steam to be running in order to play."

    I didn't know you could do that. I assumed anything purchased through Steam would then require you to have Steam running to play. That's actually kind of good to know. Are there other games that do this?

    There are a few. Pretty sure a lot of the older games allow this, like Doom, the original X-COM, etc.

    ElvenshaeBerylline
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Emperor_Z wrote: »
    Hmm, Jet Set Radio for $2.50. Tempting, but I heard it hasn't aged well. Should I play it, or should I avoid ruining the nostalgia?

    What hasn't aged well about it? Cel-shaded graphics look great, music is great... the controls weren't the BEST but they weren't horrible...

    usnTyq4.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Another new thing: Kentucky Route Zero just got a patch. The long-awaited Act III has been released!

    (I still need to finish Act II; to be honest, the game hasn't grabbed me like it has grabbed others.)
    SteevL wrote: »

    This part is very interesting to me:

    "Note we have put no DRM in Transistor unless you count Steam as a form of DRM. Once you’ve downloaded the game from Steam, you don’t need Steam to be running in order to play."

    I didn't know you could do that. I assumed anything purchased through Steam would then require you to have Steam running to play. That's actually kind of good to know. Are there other games that do this?

    There are a few. Pretty sure a lot of the older games allow this, like Doom, the original X-COM, etc.

    If you're not going to run Doom through Steam, though, I hope you will run it through Brutal Doom :)

    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.