As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bohemia Interactive presents DayZ 1.0 or: Wait, It's Actually Out of Early Access?

• Options
    Ash of YewAsh of Yew Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    forget it!

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    Two of our most obvious barrels got found. They were in outhouses =P

I dig the persistence, it's really what dayz needs. I wasn't expecting much from our barrels and put the initial ones up just because they were there. But they've been working out well, and feeling like we actually have a "home" is really nice and adds a lot imo. I can't wait till there's actual base building and we can build a fort. I expect hiding barrels in bushes will probably be the best way to go for keeping actual loot, but shaping the environment will be awesome.

• Options
    Alright fellers, I have 2 barrels in Cherno now for us to use.
    One is behind the warehouse (big blue doors/slanted roof/you know the one) across from the northern hospital 064,125.

The other is in the middle northern apartment block, about 061, 121 I think? It's under a pine between 2 apartments, here's a screenshot:
    1s9zT36.jpg

Any ways, I put some guns I found in there and a few of them have ammo. There's a stun baton with a battery in the warehouse one, as well as a chainsaw. There's also a mosin with a pu scope that I figure is probably good for pesky snipers on the towers. Take what ya guys want and add to them when ya can. I'm sure they won't last all that long.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Thaanks Bor

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    Looks like my barrel is still there - there's an AK with scope/mag in it, it's the first outhouse you get to in Pulkovo.

I took the AUG and put the AK in there so it'd be safe while I was logged out but if anyone wants the AUG, it's all yours.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    Ok there's 3 trucks around our town now.

One is south in the field, not very hidden about 045, 092 or so.

One has the back at around 043, 085

And the last one is east of the green house between pogo and rogo at around 048, 087

Hooopefully no one finds and wrecks/steals them all and we at least have one available haha

• Options
    edited September 2015
    https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-23-sept-2015

some interesting things, particularly the firearm changes.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    Sadly, our home server seems to be down for good.

We should find a new one that is awesome.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    This video is pretty long, but sorta interesting to see a bit more of a candid view of some of the mess that was/is going on with the dev team. This is related to the artists specifically, but I'm sure the rest of the team had similar situations as they expanded.

Basically doubling the team, and outsourcing (to groups that don't even speak the same language no less) in a really short period of time while working on tech they had very little documentation on at all made everything a reaaal mess.

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/229156-chris-torchia-dayz-surviving-success-devgamm-2015/

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    vsove wrote: »

I'm cool with whichever one you guys want. I said this to Vsove but it might be worth just picking one of the official ones, since at least we'll know it won't be going any where. But who knows, I don't have any real preference.

• Options
    edited September 2015

It's already down? I wanted to go to my barrel today so it wouldn't despawn

Aw, it's not like there were always very few players online

Platy on
  • Options
    HamuelHamuel voted most likely to clip through the ground Registered User regular

It's already down? I wanted to go to my barrel today so it wouldn't despawn

Aw, it's not like there were always very few players online

I asked them why it went down. Not enough donations, it seems.

• Options
    Well, Arden and I went to the coast for some action. I found an aug on the way so he had his m4 and I had that. We were trying to be careful, and went to the tech building on the shore. We immediately saw 2 decked out dudes, but they were running too fast to engage. Then some snipers on the eastern hill started shooting at us, and we could hear the guys moving into our building too. After a lot of waiting and playing it safe we risked getting down.

The long and short of it is, we were trying to do good! And we were! And then I see this fresh spawn about 100m behind us, and as soon as I start to mention him he raises his fists annnd... grenade hacker bullshit explosions, blew us both the fuck up. So lame.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    A gunslinger's gotta practice his guntricks
    lwZYql0.jpg

The top two are inspired by Vsove:
    JdR5r1c.jpg

I figured out how to do it, sorta. You can shoot up and sideways, but can't really aim it. Hilarious.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I wish sitting was actually a viable firing position, like in Arma 3

I've seen some Arma 3 videos in which people actually made effective use out of the butt stance (by sitting behind a bed, for example)

Platy on
  • Options
    HamuelHamuel voted most likely to clip through the ground Registered User regular
    Ash of Yew wrote: »

meh.

give me little birds. give me back that mod experience I so loved.

I don't give a shit about contaminated areas. everywhere is high-risk high-reward.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    It's funny how many times I record then see the dude who shot me/us in the recording, though I missed him while playing. Obviously you've got a heads up now, but do you fellers notice the guy who comes in on Arden and I (before hand obviously) in the clip at 3:50?
    https://youtu.be/CqIeMx6hetA?t=229

0Lli6Wl.jpg

Also, my frogbots are apparently still on. Here's more of that dirt kicking up in mid air, like the rounds are impacting on some invisible nonsense. My guess is it hit my stick or something. I'm not sure how both of those guys missed me so much either, probably desync.
    dEfHwpF.jpg

I give those guys props for style. The first was using a pistol and the second wasn't wearing any headgear.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    Also, my frogbots are apparently still on. Here's more of that dirt kicking up in mid air, like the rounds are impacting on some invisible nonsense. My guess is it hit my stick or something. I'm not sure how both of those guys missed me so much either, probably desync.
    dEfHwpF.jpg

Or you're just that dirty kid from Charlie Brown. Dusty Brown? Dirty McCloud? I dunno.

• Options
    I did it, you guys. I shot up three dudes with an AK101 and STOLE THEIR STUFF. Well, dead men have no property, so it was mine by right.

C445EBAC4E7B0B6BC7562C7A5AA4A4B1C163CB3D

• Options
    Typical Hammy, pretends it was all his doing. Leaving out the part where he sat around for 30 minutes afraid to do anything until I ran all the way back after being killed by them to lure them all out so he could shoot them.

• Options
    Typical Hammy, pretends it was all his doing. Leaving out the part where he sat around for 30 minutes afraid to do anything until I ran all the way back after being killed by them to lure them all out so he could shoot them.

I was gonna get em either way. I was just biding my time.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Oh, also, I said this to one of the guys while he was knocked out before executing him:

original.png

Hamuel on
  • Options
    Hope this SVD treats you better than the last one (or its former owner)

Bor and me originally wanted to take the sights off SVDs and use them as optical-less battle rifles, but we would have never guessed they would make them this rare

• Options
    SamuraiGattsSamuraiGatts Bearded Bully Registered User regular
    Bor, you look like the Black Knight from Monty Python in that getup.

• Options
    We need to get Ham a ghillie suit.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I did it guys. I killed 4 guys with my AK 101 and got all the loots today
    Oh and I guess Vsove, Dan, and Ham were there too but w/e

In all srsness though, we posted up in one of the Cherno apartments hoping to snipe folk with Ham's SVD. Instead we started getting sniped and a bunch of bad dudes showed up. Including a few who kept ghosting us. I got knocked out 3x before getting out (thanks to Vsove covering me), with everyone else dying at least once. Fortunately everyone but Dan (he had to go) managed to come back and recover their stuff. Actually one guy ghosted Dan, killed him and took his SVD and seemingly logged immediately before we could get to him.

The whole thing was a real mess but they made this documentary about it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KJ0N7ik3yI

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    Does that mean Hammy got his SVD back

• Options
    Does that mean Hammy got his SVD back

yes. I still got knocked out on my way out by a guy with a P1 pistol, but he didn't shoot me up too badly. I'm GOING to shoot someone with this gun.

• Options
    Guys I'm such a nerd I got one of the chernarus maps from BIS to put on my wall behind my comp.

And it's the arma 2 version so it's not even up to date for the SA.

• Options
    Guys I'm such a nerd I got one of the chernarus maps from BIS to put on my wall behind my comp.

And it's the arma 2 version so it's not even up to date for the SA.

I.. I want one.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRCnkxmyjBc

Second video from that thing that CCG is trying to setup with a custom version of Exile

So much potential for awesome moments, though its DayZ, so if you fly over someones base that's besieged by a horde and you do a rocket run with your attack chopper to decimate the herd..instead of thanking you, they'll probably just shoot you out of the sky and insult your sexuality.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRCnkxmyjBc

Second video from that thing that CCG is trying to setup with a custom version of Exile

So much potential for awesome moments, though its DayZ, so if you fly over someones base that's besieged by a horde and you do a rocket run with your attack chopper to decimate the herd..instead of thanking you, they'll probably just shoot you out of the sky and insult your sexuality.

this mod actually looks really cool

wish it didn't have zombies

...wait

ArmA 3 Exile is basically this without zombies, right?

• Options
    Exile is more epoch without AI.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Does it have zombies?

Basically I'm looking for some ArmA3 survival mod sans zombies because zombies suck

• Options
    The SA still has no zombies!

• Options
    edited October 2015
    https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/229480-reddit-eugen-current-blockers-for-internal-059-build/

In reference to: "Issues with binarization of data for map because of changes made to support increase number of objects on the map 2million - 8million."
    Q: "2million - 8million", What?! Wowsers.....must be some big changes coming to Chernarus then?
    A: I would not say big, but we wanted to try increased density for forests and such, but its a test so nothing is set in stone. We also want to have a leeway for improvements down the road.

Some of us have talked about it before, how the forests are so sparse and cover is pretty lame. Especially around areas like the Myshkino tents. The north east redone sections have decent "wilderness" where they've added all them rocks and logs and what not, but overall the woods could use some more cover. So hopefully that's what that is, it would be cool! Also would help with hiding camps and such.

Ash of Yew on
  • Options
    I just want to be able to climb trees and hide in them

• Options
    Hide in trees then have some one run up with a chainsaw and chop it down. Would be rad.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/NRRvQAqHNAM

This is pretty interesting. Watch it yourself, but the general gist is that armor in DayZ standalone is generally not that diverse. The clothes you spawn in offer the same level of protection as most other clothes (save for the Riders Jacket, because fuck yeah). Headgear is clearly OP though. Ballistic helmets offer enough protection to make it possible to survive a glancing headshot.