As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heart] Shaped Thread Gets Two Thumbs Up!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The other day my wife made Cinnamon buns in the waffle iron.

A revolution in breakfast!

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Speaking of pancakes

Last weekend I discovered donut pancakes and donut muffins.

I'm pretty sure this is how I die.

This just sounds like pancakes and muffins with holes in the middle

No no

pancakes and muffins made of donut mix and smothered in sugar and cinnamon

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    My folks have this thing where they love cooking with sour cream lately and I'm getting kinda tired of it. They'll use it in baking and in the bases of sauces like it's the best thing since the invention of the modern oven. I'm also still very used to seeing it primarily as a condiment.

They recently made some very delicious pancakes, they were very eggy and I'm not 100% sure they mixed it properly but it was their first time making it. I mean, these were like the best pancakes I ever had.
    Then I found out about the sour cream in the mix.

I don't know how to feel.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Sour cream is awesome.

Tell your parents about creme freche.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Almond milk is alien. to see it separate when you mop it up is really gross
    Sour cream is a bitch to clean up when you don't have proper cleaning items to begin with

• Options
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Okay I'll start watching Portlandia. First episode is on now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjTlQ5i2xzE

Now it's even funnier knowing Carrie Brownstein is part of Sleater-Kinney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNpKjmNaJpQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyyBWjxTzkE

And St. Vincent is a real band

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I drink the blood of my vanquished enemies because it's delicious and keeps my iron levels at a healthy balance.

I was asked what I drank and this plus orphan's tears were my answers

Really one of the strangest things I will admit to and it still made me question
    Is that I went on a date that I did not know was a date until much later
    I felt confused and found out why they did what they did later and then felt sad

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So this previous weekend I went back to my college town to visit a friend of mine. Friday night we went downtown and started drinking at the video-game bar when I spotted two of my former residents in there. So I went up and started chatting with them before returning to drunken Mario Party.

Later on I ended up running into them at the local dance-club and we all danced together. And than I danced/grinded with one of them for a while.

And as of last night I now have a date schedule with that former resident for this Friday. We are going to go to the laser tag facility in my town. Apparently she has never gone laser tag.

I am very excited to show her how to defend herself against the horrific warscape that is our future by firing lasers at tweens.

It's a pretty good laser tag place. I've been there a few times. I've taken Larlar and Morvith and Grath there.

Also, that video game bar didn't exist when I was in Eburg dammit.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I'd like to hug all of you for being not-terrible people on the internet.

I just looked at the CBR forums for the first time. It was a poor decision.

• Options
    Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular
    Dear heart thread, I am very sad and hurt. My three closest friends (so I thought) went on holiday to Portugal together today. Which is lovely for them, they deserve a break.

I just wonder why none of them ever mentioned it to me. :/

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    CBR?

@Bé Chuille Sorry to hear that. :( You seem like a lovely person and it's their loss for not having you along. Internet hugs <3

Also have a series of puppies which are the size of soda cans.

Nullzone on
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Nullzone wrote: »
    CBR?

Comic Book Resources. They closed and restarted their forums due to severe harassment of a female columnist who criticized a comic cover. The response is...something.

It makes me appreciate the people here all the more.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Just noticed this thread. Hopefully Nuka will be able to move in around next weekend or the one after! Also we weren't able to meet up this last weekend so I managed to snag passes for us to go rowing on Lake Union at the end of the month.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    They closed and restarted their forums due to severe harassment of a female columnist who criticized a comic cover. The response is...something.

burning%20nerds.gif

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I don't know how I'm going to die, but I want to go out with the traditional last words of my people:

"Hey, y'all, watch this!"

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    As long as my eulogy has the words "it seemed like a good idea at the time." Ill consider what ever happened to be perfect

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Just noticed this thread. Hopefully Nuka will be able to move in around next weekend or the one after! Also we weren't able to meet up this last weekend so I managed to snag passes for us to go rowing on Lake Union at the end of the month.

I wasn't able to meet up for bar trivia, but feel free to drop a line if you need an extra set of hands. Generally, I am available afternoons on Saturday or any time on Sunday (still on call for work Saturday mornings)

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Hello heart thread

It's been a while since I've posted in one of these so, update: I filed the papers for the divorce at the beginning of March, and will be ~officially~ single in September. I've also been told that I'll get my money back that she took, but I'm not really counting on it.

Still, I never have to talk to her again if I don't want to, and that's pretty freeing! I think I'm about ready to get back out into the world and meet people. I really wish I would've read what #Pipe said earlier in the thread about not investing in people who aren't willing to invest as much into you about a year and a half ago. It would've saved me a lot of headache (if I even would've believed it)

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Hail Brodra?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    The Betman wrote: »
    Hello heart thread

It's been a while since I've posted in one of these so, update: I filed the papers for the divorce at the beginning of March, and will be ~officially~ single in September. I've also been told that I'll get my money back that she took, but I'm not really counting on it.

Still, I never have to talk to her again if I don't want to, and that's pretty freeing! I think I'm about ready to get back out into the world and meet people. I really wish I would've read what #Pipe said earlier in the thread about not investing in people who aren't willing to invest as much into you about a year and a half ago. It would've saved me a lot of headache (if I even would've believed it)

Good luck sir!

I'm in the same boat (only we had kids so I'm forced to interact with her to an extent for the next 15 years)

Ever need/want to talk or shoot the shit, let me know.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    My divorce papers just got filed a week or so ago, so I will be officially single again around October. But yeah, I've said it before and I'll say it again, getting back into dating has been great. Be open and honest, but try to avoid sounding like you're on the rebound, and just enjoy the company of nice people again.
    That's really all it is.
    Best of luck to all of us! I don't think anyone here knows me like that, but I also am open if either of you (or anyone else, for that matter) wants to drop a PM.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    I don't know how I'm going to die, but I want to go out with the traditional last words of my people:

"Hey, y'all, watch this!"
    Tombstone ideas:

"They told him he couldn't his breath for five minutes."

Alternately, "Pepperoni and cheese."

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    My coroners report will read, " cause of death: too shy to call ambulance"

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    'shy'. Yes, there's an adjective that could be on your tombstone.

Along with your nipple clamps.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    tynic wrote: »
    'shy'. Yes, there's an adjective that could be on your tombstone.

Along with your nipple clamps.

Let's not forget her having this carved into the tombstone:
    t2_mq_437.jpg

Kaplar on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    My coroners report will read, " cause of death: too shy to call ambulance"

this is such a ronnie statement

• Options
    Look, putting nipple clamps on someone is one thing. Calling an ambulance means you have to talk to a stranger. On the phone. And really, isn't that a fate worse than death?

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Look, putting nipple clamps on someone is one thing. Calling an ambulance means you have to talk to a stranger. On the phone. And really, isn't that a fate worse than death?

I'm glad someone understands

• Options
    I hate talking to people on the phone.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    my problem with the phone is when the other person doesn't know how to end the conversation and hang up when it falls on their turn.

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    We don't do gravestones, we cremate our dead and sprinkle their ashes on the surface.

If you could stop sending robots to do donuts in our graveyards it'd be appreciated.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    my problem with the phone is when the other person doesn't know how to end the conversation and hang up when it falls on their turn.

no, you say goodbye.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I want to get my ashes scattered on people who jostle their way to the front of the queue spilling people's beers as they do so.

Possibly without opening the urn first.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i always wished i could be cool enough to implicitly understand when to end a phone conversation without saying bye

like a real-life teevee character

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    most of my phone conversations are below ten seconds in length because they're just like "where are you" "bar" "on my way" done.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular

I'm glad someone understands

The day they announced you could send a text message to 911 was a huge relief.

I can't even make a phone call unless I'm in a car alone or out in the wilderness.

• Options
    calling the police or an ambulance isn't such a big deal

you just gotta do it a few times

shoot some people and call it in, just to get used to it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    I work for the Police and I get nervous when I need to ring 999 myself!

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I don't understand when saying "goodbye" at the end of a phone conversation went away. Is it because of cell phones? Are people just assholes now? I'm forever on the phone with someone and there's a pause in the call and then it just goes away and I'm left thinking "ok, I guess we're done?" Just say goodbye to let the other person know you're done you fucking savages.

This discussion has been closed.