Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Can't stop the [PHOTO]

1202122232426»

• muninnmuninn Registered User regular
    I usually post one version to my flickr, unless I re-edit a photo and forget that I have already posted it to the site.

@prosicience Its funny, I have never shot a vertical photo that didnt need a crop afterwards. I dont own vertical grips for any of my cameras, and the way I hold the camera in that orientation always results in photos that are off center and askew from what I had in mind.
    Your areial just gave me an idea for a drone series! Unfortunately I do not own a drone, nor have time to shoot these days, so it will have to be shelved for now. Very cool shot, although it shows the limits of the camera gear that can be lifted by a small quadcopter.

Prospicience
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 20
    @munnin understandable! Hard without grips to get something level, I'm right there with you.

As far as quadcopter quality - yeah you can definitely tell the limits. I'm still learning the camera, and after doing some reading up this weekend I found that with my Phantom 4 - you basically never want to go above 100 ISO. So that's something I'll have to keep in mind as that last one was at 600 I believe. I'm also trying to get better at manual camera controls, but it's a bit rough as you can imagine since I'm trying to keep an eye on my P4 in the air while trying to shoot. It's definitely added a nerve racking element to photography.

I've been mainly shooting old nikon glass with adapters on my Fuji XE-2, but whenever I plop my fuji lens on the camera I'm always surprised at the quality that comes from such a tiny lens.
    32738992863_96bc1ccb3f_c.jpg105 by Lee Stonehouse, on Flickr

32738992783_28516d3e21_c.jpgMinimal Grain by Lee Stonehouse, on Flickr

Prospicience on
    CommunistCow
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    32771667433_f2d1612a0a_c.jpg
    Serene Waters by jeremy o., on Flickr

33545330946_007570cb3a_c.jpg
    Trees / Industry by jeremy o., on Flickr

32742991294_6f27dab4ce_c.jpg
    Gettin' Steamed by jeremy o., on Flickr

UJw4Qla.png
  • KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Ooooh we have a photo thread! Finally somewhere to spam all my stuff!

Lemme do a quick introduction bit first. I started seriously looking into cameras about a year and a half ago, and after about a year of browsing amazon and reading reviews and yearning for gear I finally got a bit of a windfall and bought me a really nice DSLR last fall, a Pentax K-3 II. I don't exactly know how it happened, but I'm up to 13 lenses now. (I blame ebay.)

Lens lineup:
    lenses.jpg

Plus another vintage 28mm f2.8 I got given by a friend when I visited LA a month ago.

Here are a few of my recent shots I'm quite happy with. All criticisms are very welcome! Still figuring this stuff out as I go.

IMGP6119.jpg

IMGP5518.jpg

IMGP5116.jpg

IMGP5072-4.jpg

2017-02-26-IMGP3965.jpg

2017-23-02-IMGP3341.jpg

2017-03-03-IMGP4773.jpg

2017-22-02-IMGP3304.jpg

kashaar.pngDev Blog | Twitter | Tumblr | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
    IrukaProspiciencetapeslinger
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Yay new blood! Welcome @Kashaar and please continue to dump and post. First two bird photos are good, but don't catch my eye as much as the photo with the two birds (the third photo... wow I couldn't have said that in a more confusing way). The photo of the two birds has some great framing and leading lines to the subject. Also got some great bokeh/dof effects going on. Guessing that was one of your older lenses, just a great capture all the way around. It's pretty rare that I've said this, but I really love that cat photo as well (same reasons).

@bsjezz That first one makes me excited for springtime.

I had a moment with this red winged blackbird.
    32850087174_8425436a9d_c.jpg303 by Lee Stonehouse, on Flickr

Kashaartapeslinger