Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Can't stop the [PHOTO]

1313233343537»

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The mountain is gorgeous, but I keep coming back to that plant shot. It's got an extraordinary amount of depth.

Regarding having my work hung: argh they hung them in a single cluster in an equidistant grid regardless of size and aspect ratio
    they didn't even try a french hanging arrrgh
    oh god it's so ugly

so, never going into that building again.

CommunistCow
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Uuuugh all three of those are incredible @Sublimus well done man. Nice contrast between the three as well, Landscape/Foliage/Cityscape and the colors are all really well done. You doing some split toning? Really like how your post work has been turning out lately.

CommunistCow
  • SublimusSublimus Registered User regular
    @tynic Thank you! yeah I like the calmness of that plant shot. Been trying to get something like that for a while now!

@Prospicience Aw thanks, dude!! Been trying to mess with split tones more! That plant shot had a lot I think. My goal is to always go as extreme as I can while still looking natural. Somehow it seems to make all the colors more vivid? Not a fan of the heavy handed instagram look, but when it's done well it's magical.

Anywho, stayed up all night last night and got this. It's leaps above my last effort, but I'm still not happy haha. I learn so much every time, even in the last like 5 attempts that were all complete failures.

48675279876_920fa9918c_c.jpg

djmitchellaProspicienceemp123PeasWeX MajorsacadiaCristovalIrukaCommunistCowFeloniousmozLindSkeithKashaardavidsdurions
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Photo thread, what are you using for processing software these days? Is leasing Lightroom the best option?

mts wrote: »
    heres how i see it being a total win situation for you
    1. stay with your wife while she dog sits. this wins husband points since she knows its out of your comfort zone
    2. have sex all over her friends house so that the next time you see her friend look at you condescendingly, you can wink back knowing you did the freaky deaky where she eats her cheerios.
  • SublimusSublimus Registered User regular
    @Skeith I use lightroom for like 95% of my edits, and very rarely crack open PS if I need to do some crazy exposure blending or something.

The thing that's nice about lightroom aside from it being almost all the editing you'll ever need, is it's also a great catalog software too.

There might be other stuff out there too, but since I use PS for other stuff anyway I got lightroom for free and pretty much have no complaints with it.

Skeith
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I did a thing. Well, several hundred things over the years, most of which didn't turn out. Some of the ones that did can be found at that link, but I'll be fooling around in Lightroom for a while.

mts wrote: »
    heres how i see it being a total win situation for you
    1. stay with your wife while she dog sits. this wins husband points since she knows its out of your comfort zone
    2. have sex all over her friends house so that the next time you see her friend look at you condescendingly, you can wink back knowing you did the freaky deaky where she eats her cheerios.