As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bill Murray: A [chat] Biography

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    yes will i know

poo
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    @‌Tav
    wtf, did you disappear??

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I WISH I WAS ICE CREAM

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I got a 5c because it was $100 cheaper and also I like pretty colors

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I guess I need to drive to east 7th RIGHT NOW and see if he needs a ride or maybe he's been kidnapped by mexican hipsters

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Hmm, a Loody chat.

Here's some animoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC3t51wGNRY
    PLOT TWIST it's actually p.hype. Time stop vs Infinite Guns is a fairly even fight. :D

My only gripe is it's super unclear they're attached via a ribbon the whole time, which is what's stopping the other girl from being frozen like her bullets.

I watched this whole thing today. It's fantastic. ;D

Wait, what izzat from?

Puella Magi Madoka Magica. It's about Sailor Moon style Magical Girls who get powers from making a wish, but the wishes are actually monkey paw bullshit and they live on a ticking clock trying to kill witches to stay alive. It's by the same guy as Attack on Titan, with an alarmingly similar tone given the different settings. :P

No, i mean, is it from a movie or something? I don't remember those characters interacting when i watched the series.

Also, i was no aware it was by the same guy as Attack on Titan.

Oh yeah, they did movies. 2 that are just the series, revised and a little abridged, the third one is new stuff, which that scene is from. It's called Rebellion and it is rad.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Hmm, a Loody chat.

Here's some animoo

PLOT TWIST it's actually p.hype. Time stop vs Infinite Guns is a fairly even fight. :D

My only gripe is it's super unclear they're attached via a ribbon the whole time, which is what's stopping the other girl from being frozen like her bullets.

Wait, what izzat from?

Puella Magi Madoka Magica. It's about Sailor Moon style Magical Girls who get powers from making a wish, but the wishes are actually monkey paw bullshit and they live on a ticking clock trying to kill witches to stay alive. It's by the same guy as Attack on Titan, with an alarmingly similar tone given the different settings. :P

No, i mean, is it from a movie or something? I don't remember those characters interacting when i watched the series.

It's not by the guys who did attack on titan. I'm not sure where he's getting that. The writer also wrote psycho pass and fate/zero

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    no no I don't want to see kids born with horrific deformations thanks VICE I'll take your word for it that the soviet nuclear test fucked this shit up nope nope nope

*closes hbo go*

override367 on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    im not clicking that link. It'll probably take me to twonubilewizardlingsonequiditchbroom.deviantart.com

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Tav
    wtf, did you disappear??

Sorry man, battling against shitty library internet. PM sent!

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    why are people so hung up on laika

Because they murdered a dog just to find out that conditions everyone already knew would kill a mammal would, in fact, kill a mammal! They are monsters and also russian so like double monster also communist russians triple monsters

This week's VICE on HBO goes to Kazakhstan to look at what happened when the soviets tested nuclear weapons on the people there

hundreds of thousands of Kazakhs have genetic damage from radiation, pretty much so the KGB could see what exactly it does to people (1/3 of the kids, born 3 generations from the last test, have genetic defects)

Soviet Union sucked

the inaccuracies in this is really gnawing at me

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Hermione being in Gryffindor instead of Ravenclaw is literally the biggest deus ex machina ever. The sorting hat can see the future or some bullshit, without which Harry and Ron would've been dead by the end of book one? I'm not buying it.

I mean

it's a magical talking hat that can also teleport shit when needs be

so

is that really the dealbreaker?

Magical talking hat that can teleport shit is stuff that could've been done tons of other ways. They could've done a cauldron and you reach in and pluck out a slip and it's the name of your house, or some kind of test like those online sorting quizzes, or whatever. The sword could've been hidden somewhere else. No big deal.

But putting Hermione into Gryffindor was lazy writing and only done to try to make Gryffindor the good guys and fuck the other houses.

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    I WISH I WAS ICE CREAM

But you are already sweet!

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Hmm, a Loody chat.

Here's some animoo

Wait, what izzat from?

It's not by the guys who did attack on titan. I'm not sure where he's getting that. The writer also wrote psycho pass and fate/zero

No idea what Psycho Pass is.

Fate/zero is something i know of, by name...

Not much else.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    Hmm, a Loody chat.

Here's some animoo

Wait, what izzat from?

they aren't

they have the same publishers and a lot of spinoff drek though so there might be some personnel overlap

and that is the extent I will add to this bit

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Hermione being in Gryffindor instead of Ravenclaw is literally the biggest deus ex machina ever. The sorting hat can see the future or some bullshit, without which Harry and Ron would've been dead by the end of book one? I'm not buying it.

I mean

so

Magical talking hat that can teleport shit is stuff that could've been done tons of other ways. They could've done a cauldron and you reach in and pluck out a slip and it's the name of your house, or some kind of test like those online sorting quizzes, or whatever. The sword could've been hidden somewhere else. No big deal.

But putting Hermione into Gryffindor was lazy writing and only done to try to make Gryffindor the good guys and fuck the other houses.

to be fair didn't rowling write these books out on napkins or something

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited May 2014

Because they murdered a dog just to find out that conditions everyone already knew would kill a mammal would, in fact, kill a mammal! They are monsters and also russian so like double monster also communist russians triple monsters

This week's VICE on HBO goes to Kazakhstan to look at what happened when the soviets tested nuclear weapons on the people there

hundreds of thousands of Kazakhs have genetic damage from radiation, pretty much so the KGB could see what exactly it does to people (1/3 of the kids, born 3 generations from the last test, have genetic defects)

Soviet Union sucked

yeah that's... wrong of me

I was misunderstanding

The KGB doctor they talked to said it was a matter of not really caring if some people were exposed

so it wasn't on purpose, it was more out of apathy

override367 on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Hmm, a Loody chat.

Here's some animoo

Wait, what izzat from?

AoT isn't Urobuchi? :O

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    yes will i know

at least u don't post animoos is what i'm saying

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The sorting hat is a slash fic writer who puts people in a house based on how likely the hat thinks he or she will bone other people in the house. Actually having similar people end up in a house is just a result of that.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    White House Correspondent's Dinner is a dumb event, but the president's speech was pretty funny.

"These days, House Republicans give the speaker a harder time than they give me. I guess orange really is the new black."

"If you want to get paid for not working, you should have to run for Congress just like everyone else."

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

I mean

so

It's YA fiction bro

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Psycho pass is a Japanese cyberpunk mystery about future cops. Pretty good, though it gets a but anime at parts.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Just looked up all the Harry Potter houses on HarryPotterPeedeea.
    I am definitely Slytherin.
    Fuck Hufflepuff friendship is magic bullshit.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    White House Correspondent's Dinner is a dumb event, but the president's speech was pretty funny.

"These days, House Republicans give the speaker a harder time than they give me. I guess orange really is the new black."

"If you want to get paid for not working, you should have to run for Congress just like everyone else."

are you kidding?

If we didn't have the COrrespondent's Dinner we'd never have had this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7FTF4Oz4dI

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    just popping in to say readings at weddings are weird

less readings more partyings

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Psycho pass is a Japanese cyberpunk mystery about future cops. Pretty good, though it gets a but anime at parts.

Hmm, how anime does this anime get?

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

deebs

this is the most embarrassing thing you've ever said

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Anime anime anime anime anime

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

I mean

so

The Basilisk should have won!

#lizardrights

• Options
    Hmm, a Loody chat.

Here's some animoo

Wait, what izzat from?

AoT isn't Urobuchi? :O

AoT is the first series made by it's author.

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »

deebs

can you also talk to snakes?

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

no stop

if you say it two more times

the animoos will be summoned and we'll all be wrapped in tentacles by the end of the week

• Options

Hmm, how anime does this anime get?

Somewhat?

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    today's comic encapsulates my experience with Hearthstone pretty well.

I mean, the experience I have because everybody else seems to have one of those cards.

tonight I'm probably gonna craft a deck with five legendaries in it

:3

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

Soviet Union sucked

yeah that's... wrong of me

I was misunderstanding

The KGB doctor they talked to said it was a matter of not really caring if some people were exposed

so it wasn't on purpose, it was more out of apathy

They were testing on uninhabited steppe. Well, steppe, anyway. "Uninhabited" was the personal opinion of the guy heading the program.

Also the KGB had nothing to do with it.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

deebs

If that were even close to true I would be the coolest mothertrucker on the block.

• Options

no stop

if you say it two more times

the animoos will be summoned and we'll all be wrapped in tentacles by the end of the week

did someone say weeaboo?

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Hmm. Age reversing mouse blood. Interesting.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Sig I need your fashion advice eddy said you'd think it mighty gauche and you prob will

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
This discussion has been closed.