As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ArcheAge] Sate your inner criminal. Early Release! Ollo Server! West/Nuia Ho!

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    It's not maintenance. There's a guy that figured out how to crash the servers manually, he's taking them down one at a time.

Yes, I'm serious.

Americans are crazy. Or Trion and XL are awful. Both.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    It's just 3 servers that went down. Someone probably just drove a truck into a data center somewhere.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    still says down but the twitter feed says Ollo is restarting.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    one of the 3 servers that were taken down is back up. Maybe Ollo will be back up soon

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »
    It's just 3 servers that went down. Someone probably just drove a truck into a data center somewhere.

Its worse than this...

Apparently there is an exploit that can crash the servers at will.

• Options
    And guys TS market is crashing because of a cash shop item.

It will probably drop in price even more.

• Options
    JagmasJagmas Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »
    And guys TS market is crashing because of a cash shop item.

It will probably drop in price even more.

They have to get us the 8 TS trees we need for that hot rod car somehow! :P

• Options

Its worse than this...

And where praytell are you getting this info? If you say people the official forums, I am going to slap you.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    ollo back up

• Options
    @kirby
    your 8x8 in dewstone is schedule for demo next week.

• Options
    DesmondPfeifferDesmondPfeiffer The secret diary of- Registered User regular
    You have 1100 gold just laying around for that stupid zebra? I'm going to be sick.

Normally I would have put it towards something more productive, but with Auroria opening up I'm not sure what it'll do to the armor market, so I didn't want to buy any armor upgrades with that in mind. As far as weapons, no point in purchasing anything at the moment since T3 Hasla is in now. Granted I need to actually take the time to do that. Also, I've been doing pretty well with the armor crafting range game, so it isn't as if I broke the bank or anything.

Also, I really like zebras. It's like they tapped into my consciousness and found exactly what I would pay exorbitant prices for and added it to the game.

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    If your planting rumbling archeum trees, do not chop them down until they turn into thunderstruck, they have a 10% chance per hour to go thunderstruck even once mature. so just sit on em until it happens.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    You have 1100 gold just laying around for that stupid zebra? I'm going to be sick.

Normally I would have put it towards something more productive, but with Auroria opening up I'm not sure what it'll do to the armor market, so I didn't want to buy any armor upgrades with that in mind. As far as weapons, no point in purchasing anything at the moment since T3 Hasla is in now. Granted I need to actually take the time to do that. Also, I've been doing pretty well with the armor crafting range game, so it isn't as if I broke the bank or anything.

Also, I really like zebras. It's like they tapped into my consciousness and found exactly what I would pay exorbitant prices for and added it to the game.

So, send me money then? I'll dress up in stripes for you.

In game Xixi. I'll accept slow mail transfer of funds.

:)

In other news, I messed up and have all my money on auctions that don't end until tomorrow morning, and I hadn't purchased my farm cart design yet....I guess that will wait until tomorrow then hah!

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Foomy wrote: »
    If your planting rumbling archeum trees, do not chop them down until they turn into thunderstruck, they have a 10% chance per hour to go thunderstruck even once mature. so just sit on em until it happens.

Where are you seeing this?

Edit: Yeah, this isn't true. If they don't turn TS at maturity chop em down.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Foomy wrote: »

Where are you seeing this?

Looks like it was just wrong info going around, From what i heard the trees on the korean server had a chance every 50 mins to go TS, and so that wasa the info going around. But i had 3 archeum trees on my plot from last night and this morning none went ts, so it's looking like they changed them to only have one 10% chance when going mature.

sorry if anyone sat on them too long.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    I got nadda from my first four saplings. Just planted 4 more. Here's hoping--that's all me gold!

• Options
    @Figgy one of them is TS tree

• Options
    @Figgy one of them is TS tree

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

Glad I got one. I kind of felt like a gambler trying to gamble his way out of the hole. haha

• Options
    Dewstone (that i found) updated through 14th so some may have their taxes paid by due date.

http://imgur.com/a/C1bIl

• Options
    Jagmas wrote: »
    Dewstone (that i found) updated through 14th so some may have their taxes paid by due date.

Thanks for maintaining these. It's super helpful.

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    If Lilyut Hills is more your speed, there's both 16x and 8x plots that are due to pop soon. All times shown are PST.

http://imgur.com/a/KPMhP

The first three are 16x, the others are 8x. The last two I didn't bring up the map so you can see how close to the merchants they are.

• Options
    If Lilyut Hills is more your speed, there's both 16x and 8x plots that are due to pop soon. All times shown are PST.

The first three are 16x, the others are 8x. The last two I didn't bring up the map so you can see how close to the merchants they are.

Nice!!

• Options
    CF1CF1 Registered User regular
    Hey people, I'm caught up doing real life things (moving) and probably will not be around much if at all for at least 2 weeks. In light of this, I have made my farms set to guild if anyone had interest in using the space. There is a 16X16 and an 8X8 right next to each other, the farms are in Dewstone, near the bridge right on the end of the housing area. Both are named Merchwater, taxes paid, enjoy!

• Options
    I brought up pvp in guild chat today and it seems we have at least a few people interested in it beyond the chance encounters at sea. So, anyone know some good guides for pvp? I'm thinking of starting to focus on it more soon but currently I know I'm under equipped, don't know good ability combos, and don't know any tricks or tips.

Give me all your knowledge!

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I brought up pvp in guild chat today and it seems we have at least a few people interested in it beyond the chance encounters at sea. So, anyone know some good guides for pvp? I'm thinking of starting to focus on it more soon but currently I know I'm under equipped, don't know good ability combos, and don't know any tricks or tips.

Give me all your knowledge!

I don't know much about pvp, but when I talked to a few fellow Goons some of them recommended playing as a shroudmaster for ship pvp. Lots of CC to hold people in place while you and your friends fuck the rest of them up, and Dahuta's Breath can knock people off of the ship entirely. Shadow Step is also useful for teleporting onto an enemy boat, chasing fleeing survivors, or to just get back to your own boat.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Overnight someone, who I suspect is hacking, snagged about 5 16x16 properties around our area in Dewstone. I truly hate how the land system in this game works.

• Options
    MandresMandres Registered User regular
    Jagmas wrote: »

Thanks guys. I'm going after one of the 16x16s with a vengeance tomorrow.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    There was a convo over guild chat this afternoon about recruitment and this thread being an ineffective means of doing so. Would people be interested in a Merchwater Inc. website, with its own forum/roster/event calendar? I could put something together if there was a desire. I've already got hosting space.

I know a typical PA guild is just run from a thread on the forums and consists of those who want to play and pop in for an invite, but this has proven to be an ineffective way of keeping a PA guild alive. Very few games sustain their guilds this way on these forums.

Let me know what you guys think.

Edit: Or we could just use a ready-made guild site provider, like Guildlaunch.

Figgy on
  • Options

Its worse than this...

And where praytell are you getting this info? If you say people the official forums, I am going to slap you.

Read through a post on the forums the other day where a guy basically shut down servers on command. He proved he could do it. The players told him to take down a specific one as proof, he said it will be down in 5 minutes, then it was.

He was telling the devs to contact him so he could point out the flaw. A GM closed the thread and said they were in contact with him.

• Options
    There was a convo over guild chat this afternoon about recruitment and this thread being an ineffective means of doing so. Would people be interested in a Merchwater Inc. website, with its own forum/roster/event calendar? I could put something together if there was a desire. I've already got hosting space.

I know a typical PA guild is just run from a thread on the forums and consists of those who want to play and pop in for an invite, but this has proven to be an ineffective way of keeping a PA guild alive. Very few games sustain their guilds this way on these forums.

If it is not too much trouble, do it.. Especially the calendar part!

• Options
    I've seen that player around, and had seen them with like 3 16x16s in that area weeks ago. They're part of MMO Legion, and those farms had been cedar 24/7. I suspect it was their way of generating fat TS Tree cash. I wonder what they're planning on doing with the land now after the Great TS Depression.

• Options

I would like to keep our identity as a PA guild, its possible to have both. Currently we don't have a website with any instruction on how to join. But I would like to keep the having a PA account apart of joining the guild (unless you are friend/family) if possible.

Our main problems at this point don't have too much to do with recruitment. It has to do with keeping our current roster playing. With Maj and Camui stepping up and doing almost daily fishing runs that is helping a lot, and were working to get to the point where we can field 2 GHA groups. Getting our galleon out on Friday helps but we need to not lose it so early.

I know we are working toward getting a merchant ship so doing a solzreed->sanddeep run will be far less risky if we can get that up and going.

I would like to get some PvP groups going within the guild to start filling in the gaps. Maybe muck around on the eastern cont and hellswamp more often is another option.

• Options

I would like to keep our identity as a PA guild, its possible to have both. Currently we don't have a website with any instruction on how to join. But I would like to keep the having a PA account apart of joining the guild (unless you are friend/family) if possible.

Our main problems at this point don't have too much to do with recruitment. It has to do with keeping our current roster playing. With Maj and Camui stepping up and doing almost daily fishing runs that is helping a lot, and were working to get to the point where we can field 2 GHA groups. Getting our galleon out on Friday helps but we need to not lose it so early.

I know we are working toward getting a merchant ship so doing a solzreed->sanddeep run will be far less risky if we can get that up and going.

I would like to get some PvP groups going within the guild to start filling in the gaps. Maybe muck around on the eastern cont and hellswamp more often is another option.

So I'll just keep any "apply" stuff out of the site. Link back to this thread, etc. I think the roster/calendar thing will be uber helpful.

• Options
    Alright guys if we wanna give this a shot, here is the link to sign up your name and characters you play: http://merchwater.guildlaunch.com/recruiting/create_apply.php?gid=438199

I'll work out the site permissions once you're signed up, but it's pretty simple to add announcements, events to the calendar, etc.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I'm working out the math to provide a stock of high-tier healing and mana pots available free to the guild for PvP/GHA/other instance runs. Most of the ingredients are easily grown in bundles that Cam or Maj can make. The problem is I don't have any land to dedicate to the potion mats. My thought was that might be a good use for Tsarcana's 16x16?

I'd like to mass-produce Medicine powder which is the base for every potion, along with Lotus Flowers, Cultivated Ginseng, Ginkgo Leaves, Cornflower, Aloe and Bay Leaves. I'll sell enough on the AH to cover the cost of seeds and the lower tier potions (it's cheaper to buy those than to produce them) and all the rest will go into the guild bank to be distributed for instances/PvP.

I'll keep a complete accounting and donate the labor in exchange for the skillups. I'll hit 40k alchemy today.

On a related question - Does anyone happen to know the difference between minor healing potions and healing potions? Other than 10x increase in the cooldown I don't understand the difference. I wonder if one is a HoT instead of a direct heal? I'll try making a few of each and see what's up if nobody knows.

Mandres on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    edit - double post

Mandres on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Alright guys if we wanna give this a shot, here is the link to sign up your name and characters you play: http://merchwater.guildlaunch.com/recruiting/create_apply.php?gid=438199

I'll work out the site permissions once you're signed up, but it's pretty simple to add announcements, events to the calendar, etc.

If we can have the website at this point have the calendar/events/announcements that should be fine, with a page on how to apply to the guild.

At this point I want to keep the conversation about the game on this forum, if we have to revisit that in the future out of need when things change then we can change it up. Ill be working on a brand new OP for the next thread soonish.

GHA groups should consist roughly of the following - so if your interested in running GHA filling a needed role can get you on more runs.

1 Healer - we have 2 ready to go, could use more.
    1 Dps (Archery 50, shadowplay 50 a plus, auramancy 50)
    1 Tank (Auramancy 50, defense 50, archery a plus) - we need more, we have 1 ready to go and 1 in training
    1 Support/DPS (Songcraft 50 a plus, archery 50)
    1 Fill/carried (auramancy 50 a plus) - this is the open slot so we can get people geared that arnt any of the above.

No hasla is required, runs take a bit longer without it.

Draygo on
  • Options

If we can have the website at this point have the calendar/events/announcements that should be fine, with a page on how to apply to the guild.

At this point I want to keep the conversation about the game on this forum, if we have to revisit that in the future out of need when things change then we can change it up. Ill be working on a brand new OP for the next thread soonish.

GHA groups should consist roughly of the following - so if your interested in running GHA filling a needed role can get you on more runs.

1 Healer - we have 2 ready to go, could use more.
    1 Dps (Archery 50, shadowplay 50 a plus, auramancy 50)
    1 Tank (Auramancy 50, defense 50, archery a plus) - we need more, we have 1 ready to go and 1 in training
    1 Support/DPS (Songcraft 50 a plus, archery 50)
    1 Fill/carried (auramancy 50 a plus) - this is the open slot so we can get people geared that arnt any of the above.

No hasla is required, runs take a bit longer without it.

I think that you've basically just illustrated the need for more than just a thread to organize an MMO guild in your post. The second part of your post should be a sticky in a forum about running GHA. Or people have to comb through one monster thread in order to find it. Or hope it's in the OP. Add three dozen other elements to the OP and it's just as cumbersome as the thread itself.

There should be a sticky of current land holdings and which are expiring.

There should be a sticky of public land up for demolitions with screenshots.

Etc.

Having a place where the guild can organize things isn't a bad thing. This thread can still exist and collect its 10 posts average per day. I don't see the value in insisting everyone post in a single thread in a sub-forum of a sub-forum on Penny Arcade. Merchwater should be a Penny Arcade guild, but not all posting/discussion needs to be in this one thread.

I think anything that helps organize and encourage participation is a good thing. This thread can still exist as the general chatter Archeage thread on Penny Arcade. That's what it is now. But if there's a discussion about running an instance one night, wouldn't it be better if someone posted here with a link to the "guild forum" where there was a calendar entry and some semblance of organization?

Discussion would remain here but organization and resources would be held in an organized guild forum. It just makes more sense, in my opinion.

• Options
    Were on the same page but not communicating it very well.

The answer is yes to all your points.

• Options
    Were on the same page but not communicating it very well.

The answer is yes to all your points.

Alright. The site is up and there is a main menu button that links to a post directing them to join the PA community if they want to become a member.

Signup your characters: http://merchwater.guildlaunch.com/recruiting/create_apply.php?gid=438199

Once you're in I can start granting proper permissions.

This discussion has been closed.