As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Monday, May 12, 2014 - Penny Arcade: The Series Season 4, Ep. 13: Subsurface (4th Panel)

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PATV] Monday, May 12, 2014 - Penny Arcade: The Series Season 4, Ep. 13: Subsurface (4th Panel)

• In this episode, our heroes create the strip "Subsurface."

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    StuntspikeStuntspike Don Juan De La Nooch In the midstRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Would it be possible to get some kind of video description, maybe to include the subject matter...

Stuntspike on
    "Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2014
    on the video page, it has a description to the right of the comments section

"In this episode, our heroes create the strip "Subsurface.""

There's a link to the comic in question.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    StuntspikeStuntspike Don Juan De La Nooch In the midstRegistered User regular
    Yeah I get that Zerzhul, just took me forever to figure out what game they were discussing.

"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh, you mean like a podcast show notes. Yeah that would be pretty cool.

• Options
    supermunchkinsupermunchkin Registered User regular
    so blip has removed this video?

• Options
    AntonNULAntonNUL Registered User regular
    No, it's still up.

• Options
    IstasIstas Registered User regular
    The whole reason I enjoyed playing Motherload so much was the risk/reward balance of needing to get back to the surface before your fuel/health ran out. Not needing gas to return to the surface really deflates my interest in this sequel (aside from the fact that I would need it to come out on the PC).

• Options
    IstasIstas Registered User regular
    Okay, nevermind.. Last I'd heard about this game it wasn't out for the PC, and I didn't know about Hardcore mode. Now my only reason not to get it is it's not available standalone (as far as I know).

• Options
    AddaxAddax Registered User new member
    I kept waiting to hear something about digging too deeply and too greedily and finding a Balrog...

• Options
    MrGameDesignMrGameDesign Registered User new member
    Random fact, the game design for Motherload is based around the theory of flow, its a psychological state that occurs when your skill level meets the given task to such a degree that you enter this mental state. It means that the player can only focus on the activity on hand and must drop all other active thought, like keeping track of time or listening to what someone else is saying. This game and others like it create mechanics with the goal of putting the player in this state. Think of the game "Flow" by "That Game Company"-- there is a reason it's named that. Anyway, this is why it's so hard to explain to someone else.