As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wildstar] Dawn of the Final Day: 24 Hours Remain. GET. HYPE.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    A Chua wishes to fire an incendiary missile at an Aurin . If he is aiming straight ahead on a cliff 45.7 meters above sea level, and the Aurin is 25.6 meters below the cliff, how far away is the Aurin? How long will it take for the missile to hit its target? The missile is traveling constantly at only 200 m/s with no air resistance, and Nexus has the same gravity as Earth.

Incorrect answers will be prohibited from participating in headstart.

Not Far Enough & 0s, as the missile will explode immediately with an explosion radius of at least 100m, because why would a Chua use a missile that explodes for anything less?

It's a trick question. A Chua wouldn't use an incendiary missile, that's BORING.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I guess I'm the only person who loved Mulgore. Starting off in a small, walled-by-mountains valley, emerging to the sight of Thunderbluff seemingly waaaay in the distance, going there, then eventually trekking out into the Barrens as planes gave way to savanna... I thought it was cool.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    I guess I'm the only person who loved Mulgore. Starting off in a small, walled-by-mountains valley, emerging to the sight of Thunderbluff seemingly waaaay in the distance, going there, then eventually trekking out into the Barrens as planes gave way to savanna... I thought it was cool.

Mulgore was where I started my first character. I still have a hard time believing that the marauders really gave them that much trouble.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    "From Windward: Realms are coming down in 5 minutes. See you in head start!"

And that's it. Realms are down until tomorrow night. IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

DUN NUN NUN NUUUUN

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    If you are Exiles and want a group to party with at midnight tomorrow, then hang with the LAUNCH DOGS. Just get through the arkship as fast as you can and then chill in the next zone until everyone is caught up.

Add your name to the spot on the spreadsheet if you want in. Three slots open!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

DUN NUN NUN NUUUUN

We're leaving together..

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Wait...there was a game outside of Tortuga?

Curious am I the only one whose mind immediately went to

7.jpg

(I didn't play Age of Conan)

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    If you are Exiles and want a group to party with at midnight tomorrow, then hang with the LAUNCH DOGS. Just get through the arkship as fast as you can and then chill in the next zone until everyone is caught up.

Done!

Which zone are we going to do, the one with the tree?

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular

Is there a difference between the Launch Dogs and Sporky's launch group?

488W936.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I need to figure out what's going on with our starters in Dom side.

Beezel, are you joining us at 3 to plow the levels? My one friend said he's gonna be doing it too but you never know.

We might have 2 groups though

• Options
    kavkav Medic NexusRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    KiTA wrote: »
    kav wrote: »
    So i use a left handed pad thing (Logitech G13) and a super thing i did is map one button to "F,V,C,G" all on a 25ms spam-repeat

in front of an interact, hit it
    targeting a scan target, hit it
    communication, hit it
    loot, hit it

Has been very nice.

Am I a bad person for hearing DEVO when I read this post?

No, you are awesome! $when a target comes along, you must hit it....$ need to find a cassette player and break out my old tapes...
    love it

kav on
    Wildstar: Kvang..............................................................Vila
    Dominion: Nexus Zoning Committee...............................Dominion: NZC
    Medic - Mobile Rave Platform.........................................Stalker - Tank? / DPS? (leveling)
    Chua power!
  • Options
    devilmanVISAdevilmanVISA Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »

Also curious about this. I don't have a preference really, unless Sporky will be doing Dom Deluise over voice chat. I love me some Aunt Kate.

• Options
    A group can have FIVE members so not everyone can fit into one group.

So sign up with the dogs if you want to, this is just for organizing stuff.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Corehealer wrote: »

I think it's so we basically know who we're gonna group with? Yeah, what Flymo said.

Saldonas on
  • Options
    devilmanVISAdevilmanVISA Registered User regular
    A group can have FIVE members so not everyone can fit into one group.

So sign up with the dogs if you want to, this is just for organizing stuff.

Guess I'll take it then. Sheet updated.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Yea, I figured Sporky's early launch party list was just to track how many people were going to be on at that time.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    While studying for Quals I watched all the DevSpeaks in between brain melts. . .I'm surprised I wrote this game off when I first saw it. It looked. . ."dumb". If they can deliver though on what they're selling I'm completely ready.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Ok, server's down. I should have made a few more characters to try out other paths but I was rocking the Aurin Esper pretty good. Think I'm going to go Aurin / Esper / Scientist and Mordesh / Stalker / Explorer or Soldier for the time being, although I'm not really enamored with the Scientist path stuff so far. Might try Explorer instead, although the healer in me keeps whispering "take Settler, parties will love you."
    Rend wrote: »
    Fractions are for people who just can't stay afloat when presented with real math. I mean seriously, what's the point? Everything significant is done without them. Honestly, I don't even understand what the whole divide is really about.

Having started my way up the ol' Engineering degree, and gotten up to Calc 3, I have to say that there are few things that will ruin my day faster than seeing .577350269 where some clueless berk clearly meant 1/sqrt(3). :P Too many classmates in love with their calculators.

KiTA on
  • Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    I dropped my name on the list, but i'm not sure if I'm starting with my Engineer tank or Medic healer.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    There is an SE+ thread? Are they doing their own guild?

GEEZ these forums are huuuugggeeee.

Is there going to be a coordinated effort for us non super early people to group up? I'd be content with trying to schedule a more reasonable EST (8ish?) time to start playing with a group of 5. If there was an interest.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »

Beezel, are you joining us at 3 to plow the levels? My one friend said he's gonna be doing it too but you never know.

Are we just meeting up for the first adventure? or were you planning to level as a group?

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Tulabelle wrote: »
    A Chua wishes to fire an incendiary missile at an Aurin . If he is aiming straight ahead on a cliff 45.7 meters above sea level, and the Aurin is 25.6 meters below the cliff, how far away is the Aurin? How long will it take for the missile to hit its target? The missile is traveling constantly at only 200 m/s with no air resistance, and Nexus has the same gravity as Earth.

The correct answer is to fire more missiles.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    There are now 90 people on the Exile spreadsheet.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I added another 5 person cell if people want to group up under there. I have named it the Gung-Ho-Guns.

Saldonas on
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »

88 because of the top two rows, but still that's crazy! And Doms are 76.

I've put my name into the Gung-Ho Guns(!) group.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I'm not even on a spreadsheet yet.

I'll figure out which Sunday

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »

I believe @Bobkins Flymo‌ (Rorus) is locking down the spreadsheet tomorrow night? Sometime pretty soon, so I think Sunday may be too late. It's not a big deal, but it's helping us with keeping track of who's playing what and for guild invites.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Entaru wrote: »

88 because of the top two rows, but still that's crazy! And Doms are 76.

I've put my name into the Gung-Ho Guns(!) group.

Oh 88 right. I feel stupid.

Anyway, 88 is still awesome.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Saldonas wrote: »

I believe Rorus is locking down the spreadsheet tomorrow night? Sometime pretty soon, so I think Sunday may be too late. It's not a big deal, but it's helping us with keeping track of who's playing what and for guild invites.

so will I not be able to play after that or will I just have to be super aggressive about asking people or what?

I mean, I haven't decided basically anything yet, and I didn't get any names registered so

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm shutting down the spreadsheet tomorrow. The point was to get information about who is doing what and to see just how big the guilds will be.

After launch, that isn't really important.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options

I believe @Bobkins Flymo‌ (Rorus) is locking down the spreadsheet tomorrow night? Sometime pretty soon, so I think Sunday may be too late. It's not a big deal, but it's helping us with keeping track of who's playing what and for guild invites.

so will I not be able to play after that or will I just have to be super aggressive about asking people or what?

I mean, I haven't decided basically anything yet, and I didn't get any names registered so

The only thing this means is that you're not on our spreadsheet. Just keep in touch and that's all that matters =D

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular

Not sure if you have to be "super" aggressive, probably just ask someone in the guild and they'll get you hooked up. Alternatively just send a pm to Sporky or Beezel, doubt it will be much of a big deal.

• Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »

My friend and I are going to be doing a warrior tank / Medic Heals for leveling up come headstart night, so 3 spots open there on the Dominion side.

• Options
    FlutterguyFlutterguy Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Tulabelle wrote: »

The correct answer is to fire more missiles.

It was a trick question. It's impossible to answer without knowing the unladen velocity of the Aurin.

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Exiles:
    Do we want to spread out paths among all the launch groups, or group up those with the same path together to just do one/two sets of path missions per group?
    Right now it looks like we have 16 people signed up, and while groups can be 5 man, if we go 4 man instead, we'll have 4 groups, rather than three plus a poor lonely dude.

• Options
    The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular
    Same question - are those 3 am groups going to just be burning through content to race to guild establishment/ adventure #1?

I'll be around at 3 and available to help out, but am probably going to take my time and actually read some quest text this time. Also hitting the second tier zone I haven't touched yet ( it'll be a while before I can stomach Deradune again.....)

• Options
    Bitwise followed me on Twitter.

Why did Bitwise follow me on Twitter.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    I'm glad you cleared that up because I had no idea who you were talking about.

This discussion has been closed.