As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

THE TOTALLY RADICAL GIANT BOMB THREAD FOR DUDES AND LADYDUDES

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    being into vinyl is not really something that i can understand

like it seems like more effort and more storage space for crappier versions of songs that you like

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular

like it seems like more effort and more storage space for crappier versions of songs that you like

thought vinyl was actually of a higher quality than stuff like mp3s

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I just started up titanlfall for the first time in a long time and actually did decent?

I switched to a different gun? Oh also the expedition playlist just doesn't seem as hardcore?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Man, it's pretty crazy to me that they're talking about soylent all of a sudden, considering I just placed an order for that. Planning on trying a week on nothing but soylent.

• Options
    p.s. mr g i'll give you the next thread because if it came down to public opinion mine would be uh

well it would not be well received, probably

• Options
    so what I'm saying is I call dibs on the thread after yours

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    nightmare scenario:

the two new hires are scorpions

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

CDs are real dumb and with vinyl you get giant high-res versions of all the artwork and liner notes

Plus you also get a download code for the MP3s so you can listen to it the way you were gonna listen to it anyway

I only buy records of albums I already really like

I see them as collector's items rather than an actual way of consuming music in 2014

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

It is, though it can/does degrade over time, and you generally need to sink some cash into a decent turntable eventually.

• Options
    nightmare scenario:

i think that would create an interesting dynamic, actually

• Options
    MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    I asked my dad once if Vinyls were better than digital stuff, since he lived during that era. his response "Hell no" while laughing.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    nightmare scenario:

YAY SCORPIONS ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE BABY

DO IT FOR ALL THE GUYS HERE AT TED'S AUTO

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    i just... this is going to sound rude, because Alex is a person with feelings, but I just can't listen to his voice at all. So I might lose out entirely on Vinny because I can't endure Alex. That makes me kind of a bad person, but I can't really help it

his voice is terrrrrrrible

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Brad's probably gonna have to make drastic changes to his sleep patterns.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I need an expert

RONNIE! @rfilyaw‌

can I teach townspeople spells by giving them rune abilities? or do they just learn stuff on their own?

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure I buy that any physical medium that uses a needle can possibly make better sound than digital storage which can hold every possible sound humans could possibly detect in any configuration

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Also I beat transistor and unless there is something nuts in NG+ I can say that those claims of misogyny or whatever were just grasping for something to be mad about in an awesome game

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I need an expert

RONNIE! @rfilyaw‌

can I teach townspeople spells by giving them rune abilities? or do they just learn stuff on their own?

Oh man, I don't know. I avoided ever taking townspeople with me. Haha. Which Rune Factory?

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

yeah, with a proper setup vinyl produces a much higher quality sound because it isn't compressed like digital audio

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Jeff's Tobias from Ted's Auto call-in is easily one of my favorite moments of the Bombcast

I'M GONNA STAB YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID TO ME

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

If you've got a decent setup, it really does sound much better than MP3 or CDs

I've heard that lossless audio is roughly the same? I haven't really looked too much into that

But yeah, the album art and liner notes are another good reason

But mostly? I just like the physical act of playing a record, and it's honestly the only way I ever find myself listening to music at home

That said, it is expensive, and as such I only really get albums that I know and love

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm not sure I buy that any physical medium that uses a needle can possibly make better sound than digital storage which can hold every possible sound humans could possibly detect in any configuration

As far as I know it is pretty impossible to mimic analog sound which has a distinct tone caused by the physical interaction between the record and the needle, as well as not being compressed.

Langly on
  • Options
  • Options

• Options
    That's really weird to me, but I'm no scientismist

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Kilroy wrote: »

yeah, with a proper setup vinyl produces a much higher quality sound because it isn't compressed like digital audio

Well, you can get lossless digital audio.

Doesn't vinyl naturally produce imperfect music just because of the format? Like, that's where the "warm" sound comes from, imperfections in the vinyl?

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    well I think it's time to forfeit that avatar

forte seems to know cure so I feel it's possible

• Options
    Also while I don't care about this stuff records are definitely higher quality than CDs in terms of simple compression and the fullness of the sound. The only way to be close is FLAC

• Options
    Vinyl is for crazy people who can hear crazy things and have lots of money to devote to their craziness.

I own a Vinyl record player and several records.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Got a new thread ready.

Also best thing I can get from this news is now Vinny will be part of my GB East Coast Crew in WWE13 to defeat the evil Dr Tracksuit and John Drake.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    nightmare scenario:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD_Xb512Avc

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    The first vinyl I bought was Amy Winehouse's Back to Black and I was blown away

It was almost like hearing it for the first time

• Options
    MrDapper wrote: »
    Got a new thread ready.

Also best thing I can get from this news is now Vinny will be part of my GB East Coast Crew in WWE13 to defeat the evil Dr Tracksuit and John Drake.

well now we've got 3 in the can

• Options
    Like music nerds will talk about "warmth" and it makes you punch them but they're not lying.

• Options
    I don't think I have good hearing anyway. I don't notice a difference above 128kbps, if that's even a metric

• Options
    I don't really notice a difference on Vinyl either really, but I find it fun to do.

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »

Well, you can get lossless digital audio.

Doesn't vinyl naturally produce imperfect music just because of the format? Like, that's where the "warm" sound comes from, imperfections in the vinyl?

Yes

• Options
    being into vinyl is basically like building a home theater with a projector and full surround sound to watch movies

• Options
    I don't think I have good hearing anyway. I don't notice a difference above 128kbps, if that's even a metric

They're called soundflopz

This discussion has been closed.