As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MTG] Hey, soul sister

19495969798100»

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    He's like part-Caryatid, part-Burning-Tree

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    t1 mystic, t2 4x bte and the morphed shaman, t3 nykthos unmorph have 12 mana (U, M, 10G)

and if you were on the draw then you might even have a card to play with that 12 mana

2x39jD4.jpg
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    t1 mystic, t2 4x bte and the morphed shaman, t3 nykthos unmorph have 12 mana (U, M, 10G)

and if you were on the draw then you might even have a card to play with that 12 mana

bte is illegal the moment this guy is legal

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    He's planning on a new modern deck.

The Betman wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »

bte is illegal the moment this guy is legal

yeah I know but nykthos and bte were basically made for each other so its more fun to think about having a BTE in there

modern is the lesser great satan

2x39jD4.jpg
    Oh yeah Worldspine Wurm modern deck

edited August 2014
    Sorry but the right answer was modern Gruul Second Rites

Clan Defiance for 10 on turn 3, draw and play Hidetsugu's Second Rite turn 4

30% of the time it works every time

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • SwillSwill Registered User regular
    I'm still kind of surprised clan defiance was never more popular

Man, I used Clan Defiance to great effect in many brew decks when I got back into the game.

Loved that card.

edited August 2014
    It's just kinda clunky.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I love the card, but it is very slow and it does not deal with large threats too well.

The Betgirl on
    My stupid green mega ramp deck I never ever built includes clan defiance, because of all damaging X spells it has a green in the cost so you only need a single mountain or rainbow mana dork out and even a BTE in hand would let you cast it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    This is a really neat deck featuring Yisan and Prophet of Kruphix:

http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-wanderer-bard/

Looks hella fun to play. Could become something too, post rotation. (Needs replacements for BTE and Prime Speaker)

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    This is a really neat deck featuring Yisan and Prophet of Kruphix:

http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-wanderer-bard/

Looks hella fun to play. Could become something too, post rotation. (Needs replacements for BTE and Prime Speaker)

I am totally building this when I get my cards back

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Yisan plus stacked untap abilities like Kiora's Follower are pretty interesting. "Put a verse counter on Yisan" is part of the ability's cost, not its resolution. So if you have him at 2, activate him once (tick up to 3), put it on the stack, untap him with Follower, activate him again (tick up to 4), when both abilities resolve they'll check his counter total, see 4, and they'll both search up a 4-drop, like Fathom Mage and Horizon Chimera. Then you can search again normally for an Archangel to complete the combo.

(He might explain that in the article, haven't read it yet; just thought it was a cool point I hadn't noticed before)

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I'm boring so if there is a Jund deck available I will probably play that.

That Yisan deck is certainly something.

I wonder if we're going to start seeing more activated ability hate being run. Jalira and Yisan have some decks being brewed right now, and we actually have some good hate available.

I might start messing around with it, I can think of a few decks at FNM which could be effectively shut down if I could consistently bring in Encrust/Oppressive Rays/Viper's Kiss.

Might just be a trap. I'll report back. For science!

Don't forget stuff like Phryexian Revoker for the hate.

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    if a polymorpher or bard deck got popular that would make me very happy

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

What if there's only an Abzan deck?

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    is there any set of circumstances that could make aegis of the gods worthwhile as thoughtseize disruption, or is that just making too much effort against something you need to accept and move on from

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

What if there's only an Abzan deck?

I will play it

I GUESS

is there any set of circumstances that could make aegis of the gods worthwhile as thoughtseize disruption, or is that just making too much effort against something you need to accept and move on from

I have trouble seeing it. Unless a very real "win the game" two-card Kiki- Jiki style combo deck comes out of Kahns - AND removal continues it's trend, it's probably not worth it.

Thoughtseize is just something we have to live with, I think. A shame. I really hate the card. I know people complain about Counterspells, but Thoughtseize is a thousand times worse.

I wish it hadn't been printed and frankly will probably never play with it. Which means I'm not building a Standard deck with Black until Theros leaves.

That's ok. I'll rock Temur or Jeskai and get to play Keranos.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    That Yisan deck is certainly something.

I wonder if we're going to start seeing more activated ability hate being run. Jalira and Yisan have some decks being brewed right now, and we actually have some good hate available.

I might start messing around with it, I can think of a few decks at FNM which could be effectively shut down if I could consistently bring in Encrust/Oppressive Rays/Viper's Kiss.

Might just be a trap. I'll report back. For science!

I think I still stand by that green devotion may survive by yisan circlejerks when it loses bte

I could be wrong but its worth a try

7yh4xczljsym.png
This discussion has been closed.