As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MTG] Hey, soul sister

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Re Genesis Hydra auras and Hero of Iroas, remember that you aren't casting a spell revealed by the Hydra, you're just putting it onto the battlefield, so it won't trigger Heroic.

Theodore FlooseveltThe Betgirl
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    So I just discovered Raven Guild Master

Man do I love old cards

• APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Green wrote: »
    So I just discovered Raven Guild Master

Man do I love old cards

Please please print this in Kahns, WOTC. Pleae oh please.

Green
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    fuck off with all this dumb milling shit

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Even if they did print a mill morph creature, I very much doubt it would be of the exile-cards variety. There are hints of a blue or BUG/Sultai graveyard theme, what with new Jace, and reprinting an exile-mill creature seems like a missed opportunity.

APODionysus
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    I'm officially hooked on Limited guys. I went 2-1 in my first Swiss queue last night. Got to win a game off Caustic Tar which was super sweet. Won 2 packs.

Sold off some junk Rares and now have enough to draft again - with tix to spare.

You guys should have said something about draft being fun. 'Cause it is

I played a couple drafts at SCGDC, didn't win any pods but had one of the most fun matches I've ever played. My opponent had a UW deck with lots of bounce including Jace, I had a RG deck with just enough ETB effects to make it interesting. He'd try to put pressure on me with Welkin Terns and bouncing my Invasive Species, I'd use the Species to reuse my Meteorite on the Terns. He drew Jace both games, I drew Revoker both games. In game 2 he sat Jace behind a Wall of Frost, ticked it up to 8 just as I draw my Cone of Flame to delay the ult three more turns, giving me time to find my Revoker. He repeatedly bounced my Revoker to get Jace high enough to finally ultimate - at which point he was at 1 life with 1 card left in his deck. Ulted, he shuffles up and draws six lands and Jace. Oh he also played two Constricting Slivers, locking up three of my creatures.

Sadly the match ended in game 2 when he forgot he couldn't block with a Welkin Tern, letting my Rummaging Goblin smack him for the final point of damage. Still, we were both having a blast - so glad it was a face-to-face game; I think on MTGO I might have just been incredibly frustrated.

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Even if they did print a mill morph creature, I very much doubt it would be of the exile-cards variety. There are hints of a blue or BUG/Sultai graveyard theme, what with new Jace, and reprinting an exile-mill creature seems like a missed opportunity.

i nominate gravestorm for sultai clan mechanic

f2ojmwh3geue.png

Vintage stream goin down in about 40 minutes!

metaghost
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I have bought my 4th Tarmogoyf.

Shadowenadmanb
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular

Geth, put SOTAR in rehab.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    fuck tarmogoyfs, I almost spent just as much on a russian foil nylea the other night

almost

7yh4xczljsym.png
    Why do I have to like Jund so much?

I think I am going to play the tectonic edge version of BG Rock

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

I will bury you with your Goyfs, brother.

2x39jD4.jpg
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTThe Betgirl

Fuuuuck youuuuu

The Betman wrote: »

Fuuuuck youuuuu

Fuck your non basic lands!

Kwoaru

Fuuuuck youuuuu

(Ignore the fact that 19/24 of the lands I play are non-basics.)

Growing fantasy-game universe collides with entrenched boys’ club mentality
    Toward the end of each round of the Star City Games Open Series tournament — the country’s biggest competition for the fantasy card game Magic: The Gathering — crowds of admirers tend to gather around [Feline] Longmore’s table. One bespectacled teenager hovers nearby during every round. He’s the proud owner of a Longmore-autographed High Tide — the card she is famous for playing — obtained at a different tournament. But he doesn’t say anything about it. He just watches.

This whole weekend was a bit surreal for me, first time I've been to a big event so I was getting a bit star struck seeing Feline, Tom Ross, and Reid Duke walking around. Plus I overheard Cedric getting interviewed for this article.

Happy to see the progress the game is making getting attention though; for what it's worth, the female member of our play group who attended had nothing but positive experiences.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    detora was already shaking up the boys club like 2 years ago and my local stores have no-shithead policies

feels real nice

The Betgirl
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Growing fantasy-game universe collides with entrenched boys’ club mentality
    Toward the end of each round of the Star City Games Open Series tournament — the country’s biggest competition for the fantasy card game Magic: The Gathering — crowds of admirers tend to gather around [Feline] Longmore’s table. One bespectacled teenager hovers nearby during every round. He’s the proud owner of a Longmore-autographed High Tide — the card she is famous for playing — obtained at a different tournament. But he doesn’t say anything about it. He just watches.

This whole weekend was a bit surreal for me, first time I've been to a big event so I was getting a bit star struck seeing Feline, Tom Ross, and Reid Duke walking around. Plus I overheard Cedric getting interviewed for this article.

Happy to see the progress the game is making getting attention though; for what it's worth, the female member of our play group who attended had nothing but positive experiences.

Ah, I should have mentioned I would be there this weekend, would have been fun to meet some local forumers, even if just for a moment since I was busy judging. Glad you had fun at the event!

Fuuuuck youuuuu

can't a man have a fucking valakut around here

Kilroy

Fuuuuck youuuuu

can't a man have a fucking valakut around here

Note while I have a Dark Confidant on the battlefield and a Tectonic Edge as a land drop.

Geth
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    635448014164483804.jpg

Mystic Soundclaw - 1G

Creature - Human Shaman

T: Add G, U, or R to your mana pool
    Morph (2)
    When Mystic Soundclaw is turned face up, add GUR to your mana pool.

2/1

oh hey when you unmorph it you can then tap it and neutralize the morph cost

oh hey I can't read when you pay 2 to unmorph it you can get up to 4 mana out of it hey there whoa there

2x39jD4.jpg
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    morphstorm comin to standard i like it.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    Pretty cool that you can get him out and usable with no green sources.

KwoaruTheodore Floosevelt
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Something I just realized: they got rid of the whole "morphs pop out of stone spider shells" motif.

I hope people don't complain about that.

• TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    That is pretty sexy. My inclination that RUG Midrange will be a thing in Standard seems ever more likely. Top out with Keranos, of course.

• tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    are there people that didn't think those were silly

FqmsaJ6.png
    metaghost wrote: »
    Something I just realized: they got rid of the whole "morphs pop out of stone spider shells" motif.

wait where is this motif present

2x39jD4.jpg
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    metaghost wrote: »

wait where is this motif present

A few cards had them during the original run of Morph, like Break Open and Disruptive Pitmage

Oh

I guess they look kinda like the onslaught symbol too??

but yeah they look silly

and besides, morphs should obviously be shaped like bears

2x39jD4.jpg
    edited August 2014
    They are the Onslaught symbol.

And I think you can see one of those spider things in the background of most of the morph creatures' art.

Or in the foreground, a la Ixidron.

KalTorak on
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    It was way more than a few, and some of the Morphs in TSP had it too!

Too bad the glare hides what this guy is transitioning out of.

Morphs being disguised as literal bears would give that art of the Khan punching a bear a whole new level of meaning.

Theodore Floosevelt
    That guy had better be able to tap to deal 2 damage to a creature or something.

And in keeping with the naming convention started with Zurgo Helmsmasher, I'm predicting his name is something like Feron Bearpuncher.

Taramoor
    edited August 2014
    edit: can't figure out how to delete double posts on my phone

KalTorak on
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I really like the new mana guy even though caryatid might be better till that card isn't in the format

That kind of fixing is the next best thing to "add one of any color" for green

7yh4xczljsym.png
    KwoaruAnon the Felon
    I think the morph part is insane so i'll probably try and make it work

This discussion has been closed.