Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Video Game Music 2: Symphony of the NiGHTS

1626364656668»

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

yuzo koshirooooooo

BahamutZERO.gif
    Beasteh
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

yuzo koshirooooooo

Etrian 3's soundtrack, in particular, has a special place in my heart.

Also, I love how they name their tracks. So many games would title their tracks "VS whatever" and such. But no, Koshiro's soundtracks even read metal. "Their Own Brand of Justice", "Those That Slay And Fall", "Hoist The Sword With Pride In Your Heart", and etcetera.

In other news, Touhou 17 has a pretty damn good final boss song:

Do you like ZUNpets? Cause we got ZUNpets for days!

Steam ID: Right here.
    BahamutZERO
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited October 6
    Whenever I hear Touhou music, it makes me think of the composers for Kirby games, but even more so, their original work on their first (and only) RPG, Arcana.

El Fantastico on
    akyxa17p3s5g.png
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

BahamutZERODisruptedCapitalist
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited October 11
    Chroma Squad releases on the Switch this week as part of the "Old School RPG Bundle". It's got great music. I only beat one of the endings on the PC, but I might go through the game again on the Switch now. Top 3 tracks from the game below.

El Fantastico on
    akyxa17p3s5g.png

I was reminded of an ASCII rogue-like game that's available on Steam called Sanctuary RPG: Black Edition (weird name, just go with it). It's very reminiscent of classic MUDs where everything is text based and creature design is made up of ASCII art. The game is quite difficult as rogue-likes go, and I've yet to beat it.

The music in the game is phenomenal, though. Like, lots of credit to Toby Fox for having a great soundtrack on Undertale/Deltarune that mixes chiptune and instrumentation, but I'd put this game's battle music up there, and it's criminally overlooked.

My favourite tracks are mostly battle themes, of which there are ten of them, but hey, that's great, because you're going to be doing a lot of fighting.

akyxa17p3s5g.png

Baidol
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular

This is extremely impressive

ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
    BeastehBahamutZERO
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular

River City Girls has a really good soundtrack. A lot of it kinda reminds me of Danny B's work on Crypt of the Necrodancer, but there are a lot of synthpop and vocal tracks that round it out quite well.

Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I was reminded of an ASCII rogue-like game that's available on Steam called Sanctuary RPG: Black Edition (weird name, just go with it). It's very reminiscent of classic MUDs where everything is text based and creature design is made up of ASCII art. The game is quite difficult as rogue-likes go, and I've yet to beat it.

The music in the game is phenomenal, though. Like, lots of credit to Toby Fox for having a great soundtrack on Undertale/Deltarune that mixes chiptune and instrumentation, but I'd put this game's battle music up there, and it's criminally overlooked.

My favourite tracks are mostly battle themes, of which there are ten of them, but hey, that's great, because you're going to be doing a lot of fighting.

I'm probably never going to play this game, but I'm going to throw some money at the developer for this dope soundtrack.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957