As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BattleTech] The Clan Wait-vasion

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Tigliss wrote: »
    Ianator wrote: »
    I wonder what kind of merchandise they have in mind?

The say that they are working with PGI as well, so, mechs? (Oh please, oh please)

I really, honestly doubt it will be 'Mech miniatures. CGL and Iron Wind have a pretty air-tight agreement on miniatures for the tabletop game, and I can't imagine they also just banged out an agreement on using PGI's art assets. I'd be super happy to be wrong, of course, but I just don't see that going down. That said, I've done some research in my day, and I've seen some things. Nothing official, so I don't want to go spreading it around (buy the real things!). Anyone what wants to pick my brain, PM me.

Honestly, I fully expect we'll see something along the lines of T-shirts for merch, using PGI's art as the foundation.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Nips I assume you have a long box full of these

I remember having one of those. Think that I loaned it to a friend who never returned it, or traded it for a Transformer comic.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Ah, the bad old days where where they'd copy and paste their old art, blow off an arm and call it a day.

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    I wonder what kind of merchandise they have in mind?

The say that they are working with PGI as well, so, mechs? (Oh please, oh please)

I really, honestly doubt it will be 'Mech miniatures. CGL and Iron Wind have a pretty air-tight agreement on miniatures for the tabletop game, and I can't imagine they also just banged out an agreement on using PGI's art assets. I'd be super happy to be wrong, of course, but I just don't see that going down. That said, I've done some research in my day, and I've seen some things. Nothing official, so I don't want to go spreading it around (buy the real things!). Anyone what wants to pick my brain, PM me.

Honestly, I fully expect we'll see something along the lines of T-shirts for merch, using PGI's art as the foundation.

In theory, PGI could elect to make some new hero mechs based on the ones used by the mercs from the new game, and Catalyst could stat them out.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Alert! Contact sighted!!!
    Mr. G wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8Y1V8gy1A
    In MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries you will adopt the role of a rookie MechWarrior pilot thrust into combat as the Third Succession War continues to fracture the Inner Sphere. Take contracts from the factions of your choosing and engage in tactical, first-person, PvE ‘Mech combat through an immersive, career-based Mercenary campaign driven by player choice. Victory, prestige, and profit will not only require skill on the battlefield, but in the acquisition, maintenance, and enhancement of your BattleMechs.

Set for release in 2018, MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries is under development by a dedicated team at Piranha Games. MechWarrior Online, Piranha’s existing F2P multiplayer-focused tactical ‘Mech combat game, will continue its ongoing live development by the MWO team at Piranha.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Yes, this is what I've been waiting for since seeing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSP8WzftTcA

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Yes, this is what I've been waiting for since seeing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSP8WzftTcA

That video just makes me more dubious that we'll get what we saw.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @Nips is the best ever

CzqWGRCVIAAQxql.jpg

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Yay! The dropship didn't get shot down! :)

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
  • Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Ordered the Jade Falcon Hoodie. I could use some more BattleTech in my wardrobe.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Final 2016 Battletech update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech/posts/1768032?ref=backer_project_update

Notably:
    We also wanted ‘Mechs to be able to use some of their weapons in melee, but that led to a problem: even as powerful as punching was, short-range, high-damage weapons like the AC/20 were the kings of melee. We wanted melee range combat to be for everyone, not just the Atlas and the King Crab. So when you punch, you don’t use all your weapons.

This turned out to be an excellent opportunity to address a part of the game I wasn’t satisfied with: the small weapons. Machine guns, small lasers and flamers are woefully underpowered, underused, and generally a poor choice when you’re customizing. Especially when melee is so powerful relative to other weapons, why would you ever fire your small laser at all?

So the small weapons are simply incorporated into your melee attack. If you have them, and you punch, you also fire any small weapons you have. For a good time, get in close with a Firestarter and punch the enemy. You’ll also blast them with four flamers worth of damage and heat, on top of the punch itself. It’s pretty great, and gives ‘Mechs with high tonnage and small weapons (looking at you, Battlemaster) a reason to have the small weapons: the punch rips off the target’s armor, and the MGs spew possible criticals into the structure.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    re: battletech game

- Should have sent a poet.
    483e78fcac59c905895c9daff5c937bc_original.gif?w=700&fit=max&v=1482189899&q=92&s=cc479ff9e5de985c7e708acbd1170868

l7n41RV.png
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

I just... had to get that Atlas statue. There's never been any good Battletech merch before.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

483e78fcac59c905895c9daff5c937bc_original.gif?w=700&fit=max&v=1482189899&q=92&s=cc479ff9e5de985c7e708acbd1170868

Holy shit that is badass.

• Options
    Have they said how much customization will be allowed of mechs? I'd be morbidly curious to see what could be done with a troll dedicated melee build of a speedy heavy or medium like a Hunchback or Warhammer loaded with nothing but Small Lasers and melee punch enhancers.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Well shit, sounds like the lowly charger might be viable in this game as anything other then a punchline.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Rightclick->Save as -> C:\SystemFile\Random_stuff\Homework\SeriouslyJustHomework\Spankbank\TheGoodStuff

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Is this the first battletech computer game to actually have fisticuffs?

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    My favorite was:
    YsTKFQh.gif

Sorry, Commando, that just isn't gonna cut it.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Now if only that was an Arctic Cheetah and not a Commando so I could work off some of this years-long built up MWO salt

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »

Now if only that was an Arctic Cheetah and not a Commando so I could work off some of this years-long built up MWO salt

I'll also accept a Spider as the target.

• Options
    McGibs wrote: »
    Is this the first battletech computer game to actually have fisticuffs?

Crescent hawk's inception had melee.

• Options
    MegaMek wrote: »
    My favorite was:
    YsTKFQh.gif

Alt Text: "Sumptin' bit me!"

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    My favorite was:
    YsTKFQh.gif

I want to see this where the Commando actually manages to take the leg off.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    My favorite was:

I want to see this where the Commando actually manages to take the leg off.

Surely you mean its own leg. ;)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Man I love the crazy shit they get up to on DFA.

Valravn just ran over a hill, did an Elbow drop on a Hunchback, ripped its AC20 off, and pushed it backwards

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    This thread needs more Highlanders.

IMG_20170104_145418.jpg
    IMG_20170104_145441.jpg
    IMG_20170104_145505.jpg

There, fixed.

• Options
    So when we gonna see some MegaMek on stream?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    This thread needs more Highlanders.

IMG_20170104_145418.jpg
    IMG_20170104_145441.jpg
    IMG_20170104_145505.jpg

There, fixed.

Not anymore.

There can be only one.

• Options
    He has the manners of a goat

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2017
    So I managed to finally put my two figures together.
    20170105_205418.jpg
    20170105_205430.jpg

Next I need to paint them up after they dry.

Edit: Forgot to say that these were the first minatures I have ever assembled. Honestly they were fun to put together and think I want more.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    The beta version of the BattleMech Manual is now available! ...For $10.

Once you get it you can complete a survey and receive $5 in credit at the Catalyst Game Labs store! ...Which I'm hearing is doing a really bad job of fulfilling their orders.

Will probably pick it up off of DriveThruRPG when the real thing comes out.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Damn that sucks they are bad at fulfilling digital orders because at that price I'd pick it up.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    So is this a new rule system for the Tabletop as a whole, or just for making custom Mechs?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Not even. It's intended to be a better "first rulebook" than Total Warfare. It's focused solely on Battlemechs and is stated to be a book that "95% of players can use 95% of the time".

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Ah. A Condensed/Focused player's manual as it were

3basnids3lf9.jpg