Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[BattleTech] Death From Above! Current Events now added to OP.

1464748495052»

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT I FREAKED OUT WHEN I READ THAT TWEET I CAME RUNNING IN HERE TO SHARE

Damoonmk22_zps42df557d.jpg
    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

DiplominatorMegaMekInfidelH3KnucklesIoloToxBetsuniNipsElvenshaeHyphyKezzy
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Registered User regular

Congratulations guys!

Regards,
    Henry

If you're curious about my icon; it's based on the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    IoloElvenshaeFuselage
    Waaaait a minute

"Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Waaaait a minute

Edit: nevermind. I was looking at the part where they were going to name other groups that didn't make it in and I got worried that that was the part of the list we were seeing. Phhheeeewwww. I mean I gotta buy the book now.

• ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    fuckin' a

Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    IoloNipsElvenshae
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    Now that is too cool! Congrats to you guys for pestering getting it in there.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Elvenshae
    Can our home planet be "Tajar" ?

How could you forget Warrumbungle already?

NipsH3KnucklesElvenshaeBetsuni
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    And Talisker! Though maybe we drink to forget that one ...

elvenshae2_zps569236d5.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The FATE of the Rebellion PBP
    FotR on Obsidian Portal
    H3KnucklesBetsuni
  • TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    That's so awesome! Thanks guys for submitting it. Now I feel obligated to get a flight jacket...

l7n41RV.png?1
    BetsuniToxH3KnucklesElvenshae
  • see317see317 Taco Count 2017: 52 Registered User regular
    On the heels of that good news, some other news from BattleTechGear.
    https://battletechgear.com/
    Hey MechWarriors,

After much deliberation, Harebrained Schemes has decided not to pursue any further crowd-funding of BattleTech merchandise . For those who have been following our efforts since the holidays, you know that the response was not what we were hoping for. We have realized that this needs more effort than HBS has time for — after all, our focus needs to remain on making the BattleTech game. That said, Jordan has some other elves looking into making cool BattleTech stuff — more news on that later as it comes together.

Meanwhile: the BattleTech Steins and Solaris VII Coasters began mass production in March and we’re looking at finishing manufacturing in early July, after which the goods will travel by boat to our warehouse in the U.S. We expect to begin shipping to customers in late August or early September. Contact us here if you have any questions.

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • NipsNips In constant existential crisis.Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    On the heels of that good news, some other news from BattleTechGear.
    https://battletechgear.com/
    Hey MechWarriors,

After much deliberation, Harebrained Schemes has decided not to pursue any further crowd-funding of BattleTech merchandise . For those who have been following our efforts since the holidays, you know that the response was not what we were hoping for. We have realized that this needs more effort than HBS has time for — after all, our focus needs to remain on making the BattleTech game. That said, Jordan has some other elves looking into making cool BattleTech stuff — more news on that later as it comes together.

Meanwhile: the BattleTech Steins and Solaris VII Coasters began mass production in March and we’re looking at finishing manufacturing in early July, after which the goods will travel by boat to our warehouse in the U.S. We expect to begin shipping to customers in late August or early September. Contact us here if you have any questions.

Honestly, I'm not surprised and frankly I'm glad HBS is putting all its efforts into the game. I always thought the merch angle was a little half-cocked as an idea.

BetsuniIoloElvenshae
    I'm just glad I got the stein and coasters when I could

ElvenshaeHandgimp
    Kind of regret not hopping on the coasters while they were being offered.

H3Knuckles
    Just tweeted Steph (Valravn) and I'm gonna send her my Koschei coaster to have her sign it. Fudge yeah

ElvenshaeBetsuniH3KnucklesIoloToxHyphyKezzy
    edited June 10

Our infiltration of Battletech is nearly complete

@Nips Can I pay for you to send some Oosik patches to HyperRPG

DaMoonRulz on

DiplominatorNipsMegaMekBetsunisee317ToxInquisitorIoloH3KnucklesInfidelElvenshaeIanatorHyphyKezzySpectrum
  • NipsNips In constant existential crisis.Registered User regular
    No need to pay me; just give me an address, and I'll make it happen.

...pretty sure I meant to do that months and months ago. Better late than never!

see317ToxH3KnucklesInfidelElvenshaeBetsuni
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    man i am loving the demo

so gooooooooooood

i have decided urbanmechs and hotshot pilots are my jam

i am undefeated so far with a light lance of urbie, urbie, urbie, Victor9s, and a medium lance of urbie, urbie, jenner, Atlas (!!!)

i assume against actual players there is an easy way to deal with it, maybe hit and run tactics to avoid the big guy, but man it is fun and reliable

3 Deaths from Above on initiative 1 followed by 3 on initiative 4 kills almost anything

sig.gif
    IoloBetsuniElvenshae
    man i am loving the demo
    so gooooooooooood
    i am undefeated so far with a light lance of urbie, urbie, urbie, Victor9s, and a medium lance of urbie, urbie, jenner, Atlas (!!!)
    i assume against actual players there is an easy way to deal with it, maybe hit and run tactics to avoid the big guy, but man it is fun and reliable
    3 Deaths from Above on initiative 1 followed by 3 on initiative 4 kills almost anything

I'm guessing long range mechs and a spotter or two.
    Didn't pay for beta access myself, but that's what I think I'd go with to counter an urbie swarm with a Victor as backup.

Your urbies aren't going to be catching up to a catapult that decides it doesn't want to yget up close and personal, and three of those can put out a lot of LRMs.
    The Victor can match the catapult's speed and jumps, but doesn't have any long range response.
    If your urbies and the big guy manage to weather the rain alive, or hide behind cover until the LRMs run out, they'll still have a fat array of medium lasers to deal with on mechs that have managed to stay out of range while sanding your armor down.

But that's all theory crafting based on watching a couple hours of beta streaming.
    Might not work out as well in game. And, of course, it'd only be effective if I know in advance what you're bringing to the party.

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    see317 wrote: »
    man i am loving the demo
    so gooooooooooood

I'm guessing long range mechs and a spotter or two.
    Didn't pay for beta access myself, but that's what I think I'd go with to counter an urbie swarm with a Victor as backup.

Your urbies aren't going to be catching up to a catapult that decides it doesn't want to yget up close and personal, and three of those can put out a lot of LRMs.
    The Victor can match the catapult's speed and jumps, but doesn't have any long range response.
    If your urbies and the big guy manage to weather the rain alive, or hide behind cover until the LRMs run out, they'll still have a fat array of medium lasers to deal with on mechs that have managed to stay out of range while sanding your armor down.

But that's all theory crafting based on watching a couple hours of beta streaming.
    Might not work out as well in game. And, of course, it'd only be effective if I know in advance what you're bringing to the party.

well that last part is true for me as well - if there are counters, then my stuff is only effective if i know in advance what you bring to the party. I've trashed long range mechs and spotters thus far by nuking the spotters.

If you had terrain or could maintain range, you might be able to use sensor lock in lieu of a spotter though.

The other thing that's interesting is that hunkering down cuts LRM damage in half, which makes them easyish to soak for a long time. Especially if you alternate with evasion.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited June 11
    I will say I hope they find a way to move away from C-bill cost only as a budget metric for skirmish. For campaign mode that's arguably fine because that's the real world constraint you're going to use. How much can you afford to throw at this problem? But for PvP or even PvAI skirmish, it'd be nice if they used a real BV mechanic to keep it more balanced.

e: although with plain old 3025 tech and only battlemechs, it's arguably fine since you have not only c-bills but also unit size budgets.

Tox on
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    I will say I hope they find a way to move away from C-bill cost only as a budget metric for skirmish. For campaign mode that's arguably fine because that's the real world constraint you're going to use. How much can you afford to throw at this problem? But for PvP or even PvAI skirmish, it'd be nice if they used a real BV mechanic to keep it more balanced.

e: although with plain old 3025 tech and only battlemechs, it's arguably fine since you have not only c-bills but also unit size budgets.

If they emulate the Mechcommander games then they'd be able to balance the campaign with a couple of factors:
    1. Max weight for the drop
    2. Max number of mechs and mechs per lance
    3. C-bills.
    4. Mech's you have been able to salvage by that point (which could be virtually nothing if a lot of mechs are getting cored)

Richy wrote: »
    But I think the resistance I’m getting more has to do with “rawr! Loklar said it! Rage!” than anything else.

No, it has to do with the fact that you're done nothing but throw lies, blatant flasehoods, and downright dumb statements at us so far.

ElvenshaeInfidelsee317MegaMekIoloToxH3KnucklesHyphyKezzyNips
    edited June 12
    That "b-roll" of campaign mode pretty well highlights my biggest problem with a lot of what's going on in a lot of these streams.

Why does that person keep putting the Shadowhawk in close range, then firing everything except the short range missiles?! Oh sure, fire the autocannon that has a minimum range, but not the actually short range weapon?

So many wtfs.

e: I think the main reason it bothers me is that a lot of streamers were specifically invited to the beta, for free, because HBS wanted the publicity, which I totally get! Those people who were selected are people who stream MWO (like theb33f). I just, honestly, genuinely do not understand why there's so much confusion about how 3025 tech works.

Tox on
    Nips