The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[BattleTech] Death From Above! Current Events now added to OP.

1495051525355»

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    edited September 11
    Ah, yeah, thanks for the reply @Diplominator

I was looking back through his DA gallery and saw he did the cover for TRO 3145, so I looked it up on Sarna, saw from the artist list they have an article for him, and read up on him. Kind of feel dumb for not thinking to check that myself earlier.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's based on the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    It's a hot metal body standing in snow next to the burning hulk of a fallen mech, shouldn't there be steam clouds?

It looks for all the world to me like a guy who can't draw feet. Or, for that matter, steam clouds.
    As for the second point; the AC shells are falling sideways out of the arm, but because the upper body is turned slightly to its right their trajectory puts them a bit behind the mech. The right foot is forward of the body, hence the apparent z-axis difference between its position and where the shells are falling. Seems fine to me?

I don't think so. If you cover up the part of the ground where the shells have landed and extrapolate where they ought to be falling based on the blurring and the overlap, and then cover up the falling shells and mentally map the topography of the hill, the two don't match up.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    edited September 11
    Yeah, you're right. This picture of a scientifically impossible giant robot shooting an improbably large-calibre autocannon that I really liked when I was thirteen just isn't plausible enough, because where the shell casings are landing isn't where it should be in terms of the depth perspective. And it's a real shame he didn't draw the metal box feet, I mean they really tie the whole mech's design together. Just look at these beauties:
    4ptgsar9y4ry.jpg
    It's totally inexcusable for tabletop sci-fi promotional art. :P

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's based on the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Inquisitor
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    19904925_10212110475210016_877199487209228783_n.jpg?oh=da06b077303b0c8114ab8b0fbb667c4f&oe=59C4B278

"Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    My only Q's are: When is your game out and why can't the answer be today?

• ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

because it's not MWO :P

Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »

because it's not MWO :P

And for that I thank the FSM ever day

PwH4Ipj.jpg
    So I had a strange thought yesterday; people in real life play historical miniatures wargames based on Ancient Rome, the Napoleonic Wars, even the World Wars.

Does Battletech (the tabletop game) exist in Battletech (the setting)? I mean, it'd be kind of the same thing, wouldn't it?

camo_sig2-400.png