Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[BattleTech] Death From Above! Current Events now added to OP.

1515253545557»

• TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    So, the game is out. Let's martial our forces and start working on an Oosik mod. Seems important for a canon unit. :biggrin:

l7n41RV.png?1
    NotoriusBENFuselageH3KnucklesTox
  • nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    Every day has a Beer:30 event where you get to choose between drinking, drinking and more drinking! Maybe one day it won't trigger because your whole crew is still sleeping off yesterday.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Got a game of Btech in today:
    KM22h5e.jpg

Taught my friend how to play, he said he was initially a bit intimidated but by the end he got it.

I asked if he thought his wife might be interested as well, and he said lance on lance might be a little much. I suggested maybe something where I run OpFor and each player runs one mech? He responded, "Oh maybe we can get a couple more and do something like Death From Above, have you heard of that?"

It took all my willpower not to grab him by the shoulders and shake him and yell "Yes, yes I will run that for you starting yesterday."

So I guess I gotta look into the RPG rules now.

H3KnucklesIanatorFuselageElvenshaeIoloBetsuniBolthornElldrenNips
  • FuselageFuselage Bantha Three ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Welp, lost Behemoth and Dekker on a pirate moon due to poor leadership.

• SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    Picked up a few lance packs as I thought I saw they might have a shortage soon.
    I won't lie, Alpha Strike looks way more playable for my 40k minded group. Besides the main rulebook and the companion, is there anything else worth picking up since the cards are all free?

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • IanatorIanator Delightfully mediocre! Registered User regular
    Just a word of warning, there's a new edition of Alpha Strike rulebook called the Commander's Edition coming soon. That's all you "need" aside from models and the stat cards.

What kind of games do you want to run? Twice-weekly "Bring 120 points of Succession Wars-era stuff" games? Escalation? A persistent campaign?

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Steam
    Blizzard: Ianator#1479 / 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 / FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    Right now we're looking at just getting games played. Don't see the timeline going further than clan invasion, but I'd love to do earlier era stuff. The points level is an interesting question, we're all unsure of the best level to play at. Something smaller for sure to keep up from getting overwhelmed.

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    19904925_10212110475210016_877199487209228783_n.jpg?oh=da06b077303b0c8114ab8b0fbb667c4f&oe=59C4B278

"Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

ElvenshaeIanator
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

So, pretty much mirroring the HBS statement of "No Statement".

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • IanatorIanator Delightfully mediocre! Registered User regular
    Now that I've decompressed for a week, I got to run BT at RAGECON in Reno last weekend!

The good: Lots of interested people, many willing to spend an hour in a VND v. ENF demo game. Most knew about the HBS game or previously played MechWarrior.

The bad: no real takers for my "campaign" game, though it's not surprising since our group of seven seems to be the only active one in the area. I brought too much stuff. And the new starter sets obviously aren't out yet.

But man, that was a crazy time. I wanna do it again!

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Steam
    Blizzard: Ianator#1479 / 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 / FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    Elvenshaesee317IoloBetsuniToxNipsH3Knuckles
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

So, pretty much mirroring the HBS statement of "No Statement".

Yes but this one has a cover letter that is basically "HERE'S A GIANT PICTURE OF ONE OF THOSE 'MECHS WE DIDN'T USED TO BE ABLE TO USE"

Wishlists! General | Gaming | Comics | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    NipsH3KnucklesElvenshae
    It's like writing NO COMMENT on your middle finger and waving it around

19904925_10212110475210016_877199487209228783_n.jpg?oh=da06b077303b0c8114ab8b0fbb667c4f&oe=59C4B278

"Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

NipsElvenshaePhoenix-DH3Knuckles