Options

Pre-PAX Valve Tour?

• Options
    skitterbugskitterbug Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I would love love love love to be put on the waitlist for Thursday, but I have a group of 4... I will keep my fingers crossed, as none of us have done this tour before and it sounds magical, but I know it's kind of a shot in the dark. <3 ^-^ Sign me up +3 just in case!! Thanks.

skitterbug on
    *~o(^.^)o~*
  • Options
    Konrad9Konrad9 Registered User regular
    Lazorz wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I remember last year there was a thing where people who arrived early to Seattle conjoined for a tour of Valve's offices. I'm not sure if it's too late now to book with them, but I think it would be awesome to do something similar again this year, especially for those who haven't seen it yet!

First and foremost we should do a headcount. Please post below if you're interested; include the days you're available.

UPDATE: Thursday and Wednesday are currently capped. There will be a wait list available, but there's no guarantee for those who are signing up just now for those days. Sorry.

The days available last year were the Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday before PAX. Thursday might be full already by a private group, as that was something that happened last year too. However, I'll shoot Valve an email to see what's open. For now, post your opinions and free days and I'll compile a list. Thanks!

Update (6/5/14)

LET ME KNOW IF I MISSED ANYONE OR MAKE ANY MISTAKES
    [/spoiler]

What are the times for the days?

• Options
    CennediCennedi A strange man A strange landRegistered User regular
    @Konrad9‌
    vespachica wrote: »
    Cennedi wrote: »
    The point is we need to know times to plan properly

Per @Wulfenshtein‌ on the first page (and I remember this to be correct), They usually do tours Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 3:30 PM PST.

This should answer your question. Please note that Wednesday and Thursday pre-Pax are filled.

Hopeful First Time Attendee of PAX Prime 2014.
    [ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    starzeestarzee BostonRegistered User regular
    This sounds amazing, I'd be down for Tuesday with a plus 1, if there's slots open still!

• Options
    The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    Well, I guess my bf and I can't really join in the Tour after all. Sorry about that. Please take me off the list.

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • Options
    [ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    @Lazorz‌ - can you move me +2 to the Tuesday tour, rather than any day? Thanks!

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    OiNGOiNG Registered User new member
    is it too late for this? id love to sign up for tuesday.

• Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    @Lazorz‌ Can you please increase my post PAX to a +2?

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    whimseysgirlwhimseysgirl Registered User new member
    @Lazorz‌ I'm definitely interested. I'm presuming its open to all ages? I'm with my 15 yo...
    That would be 2 of us, and we'll take Tues if there's space, or waitlist on any of the days (whichever is shortest would be awesome).

• Options
    The international is over! Let us hope that @Lazorz‌ is able to get in touch with Valve and set up everything. I will be a sad panda if this falls through.

[ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    GenzumeGenzume Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I'm interested, any day. My twin brother is also interested.

Genzume on
  • Options
    jstadragonjstadragon Registered User new member
    Hello. Can I be put on the wait list for Thursday? Just 1.

• Options
    embraceternityembraceternity Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Should more of us also see if we can try to contact Valve as well? Or do you think that would be overdoing it?

• Options
    BadNews65BadNews65 Data Solutions Analyst ArkansasRegistered User regular
    Nothing wrong with one or two emails, but if everyone sent one, they would think of it as spamming I am sure. I don't think others contacting them would hurt anything as long as it's a coordinated thing. Just my two cents of course.

• Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Don't worry guys, I sent an email yesterday morning asking about tour booking again. However, I haven't received a response back yet. I believe they're still packing up and dealing with the aftermath of the International (seeing how big of an event it was this year), so a flood of emails won't necessarily help with the response time right now. I'll try again in a few days and keep you guys updated.

If anyone else really wants to send them an email too, just be sure to mention it here. The last thing we're looking for is to spam them as BadNews65 mentioned.

Anyway, thanks again guys. Let's hope this all goes well.

Lazorz on
  • Options
    HollenheimHollenheim Registered User regular
    If you could move myself and the +1 to tuesday before PAX from Anytime that would be appreciated.

• Options
    BLaZuREBLaZuRE Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    @Lazorz I sent you a PM a while back. I wasn't sure if you got it. I figured it'd be easier for you than adding a reply here. Hindsight 20/20, probably not. Either way, thanks for organizing this and have fun to the people that get to go!

BLaZuRE on
    PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    starzeestarzee BostonRegistered User regular
    starzee wrote: »
    This sounds amazing, I'd be down for Tuesday with a plus 1, if there's slots open still!

Sorry to change this, original one but instead of a +1, would it be possible +2?

• Options
    SenicksSenicks Registered User regular
    Hey OP Lazorz,

Just curious has anyone from Valve responded yet because I may know someone who works at the front desk at Valve as they deal with visitors all the time.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested and I'll give their email address there.

• Options
    elittlejohnelittlejohn Registered User new member
    Hey Lazorz,

I feel I might be a little late for sign-up but I would like to be on the waitlist for Thursday is at all possible.

It would be me and a +1.

Thanks!

• Options
    ZeusheroZeushero PAX -E-ast Registered User regular
    Hi Lazorz,
    If you could add me to either Wednesday or Thursday waitlist. I didnt know we could have signed up earlier and now may be too late. Either day is fine.
    It would just be me. Thanks!!

• Options
    arconicarconic Registered User regular
    if you do get a tour going tuesday afternoon and have 4 spots left 3 friends and myself would love to go.

• Options
    ligerzeroligerzero Registered User regular
    I had mine put down as +2 for Tuesday earlier. I would like to change that to +3 for Tuesday if that's okay.

• Options
    str0ngbadstr0ngbad Registered User new member
    edited August 2014
    My wife and I would love to go on a tour. We are available on any day.

str0ngbad on
  • Options
    zythikuzythiku Registered User new member
    I would be up to go for any day, including post pax if there's any spots available. Me + 1.

• Options
    xiilyxiily Registered User new member
    Hi, me and my group would like to put ourselves down for going after PAX. I have +4.

• Options
    AngelOfEarthAngelOfEarth Registered User regular
    I would like to go! Tuesday works for me! :) Just myself.

• Options
    minisplatminisplat Registered User regular
    I'm incredibly late to this, but I'd love to go any day. +1 to the general waitlist please and thank you!

passes - flight - hotel - anticipation

Don't Panic.
  • Options
    zwitterionzwitterion Registered User regular
    As badges seem to be going out and we are less than 3 weeks away, when will we hear details?

• Options
    zwitterion wrote: »
    As badges seem to be going out and we are less than 3 weeks away, when will we hear details?

Soon I hope, though its all up to @Lazorz‌ by now.

[ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    mystosaucemystosauce Toronto, Ontario CanadaRegistered User regular
    I know it's super late but if any openings should happen for Thursday please put me down for 2. Thanks.

• Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    Hey guys,

I've been trying to send out a ton of emails to the front desk, their front desk workers, their Office Manager Joel (who was the one who originally told us to email them after the International)... but it seems like absolutely everything is getting ignored. I'm not sure if they decided to already fill the slots, but seeing how Valve is notoriously bad at communication with consumers, I guess I should've seen this coming.

PAX is less than three weeks away now, but there's still time to try to grab a reservation. I know things are looking gloomy, and it really bugs me that my inability to get a response screws up a lot of people's pre-PAX plans. We do have time, though, even if it's not a lot.

So if wants to try to email Valve to see if they can get a reply, the address is
    frontdesk@valvesoftware.com
    Ask them about tour availability, and please post if you get results.

Thanks. Let's hope for the best.

• Options
    Hey guys,

I've been trying to send out a ton of emails to the front desk, their front desk workers, their Office Manager Joel (who was the one who originally told us to email them after the International)... but it seems like absolutely everything is getting ignored. I'm not sure if they decided to already fill the slots, but seeing how Valve is notoriously bad at communication with consumers, I guess I should've seen this coming.

PAX is less than three weeks away now, but there's still time to try to grab a reservation. I know things are looking gloomy, and it really bugs me that my inability to get a response screws up a lot of people's pre-PAX plans. We do have time, though, even if it's not a lot.

So if wants to try to email Valve to see if they can get a reply, the address is

I've sent my email out. I've also mentioned the plethora of people that want to go, so if I hear anything back you will hear from me

[ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    ebagazareebagazare Registered User regular
    I saw the beer tour is going to be on wed and I'd like to go to that, but I'm currently on the waitlist. If I can get in on the beer tour, would it be possible to change my preference from Wed to Thurs? It's would be just me, no +1's.

• Options
    ebagazare wrote: »
    I saw the beer tour is going to be on wed and I'd like to go to that, but I'm currently on the waitlist. If I can get in on the beer tour, would it be possible to change my preference from Wed to Thurs? It's would be just me, no +1's.

Please read Lazorz‌ last post

[ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    embraceternityembraceternity Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Hey guys,

Thank you so much for trying so hard to get this to happen. :) I'll send out an email right away, and hopefully we can all go! But no matter what happens, thank you so much for trying!

• Options
    ligerzeroligerzero Registered User regular
    Thanks for trying Lazorz. Sent an email.

They should have responded to you now they're going to get a lot more emails.

• Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    Email sent. Good luck getting a response, everyone.

tw787Xr.png