As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Friday, May 23, 2014 - Nipping

13»

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    He doesn't really care.

But just so you know, he could cleanly kick the crap at out most people.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    He doesn't really care.

But just so you know, he could cleanly kick the crap at out most people.

Out of people or at people?

Because kicking crap at people doesn't seem that hard, I mean, if there was crap there in a convenient place to kick.

• Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    First kick the crap out of someone, then kick it at someone else.

• Options
    Djiem wrote: »

I like the way you think.

• Options
    Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular
    So it turns out mentioning the dated "nerd hierarchy" thing is still good fodder for generating conversation

I feel like most nerds have that "they came for the _____ and I said nothing" thing burned in their minds, so they generally call out even the slightest hint of iffiness.

But I prefer a nerd community that is over-concerned about persecution over one that is under-concerned. I can deal with some people calling foul play when there was none, but it would suck to have people being actually marginalized and the community just being like "nah man, it's just boys being boys" or some silliness.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm bemused by the idea that there is some kind of all-encompassing "nerd community."

Gaslight on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    If there was one, I sure as fuck have been made to feel in no uncertain terms to be unwelcome in it.

So whatever

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    If there was one, I sure as fuck have been made to feel in no uncertain terms to be unwelcome in it.

So whatever

Us gamers gotta stick together.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

So whatever

Us gamers gotta stick together.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    Onirazael wrote: »
    I think the point of PA is that Gabe and Tycho are elitist asswipes. So that comment is par for the course with them.
    I belong to numerous LARPing communities. I can say that the bulk of the LARPers I know could cleanly kick the crap at out most people as they are in way better shape than the average nerd. Make fun of us all you want. We don't really care. We are having fun, socializing and exercising. I wonder how long either one of them would last at a LARP? I am guessing they would call it quits by mid day as neither would make it up a hill.

I bet this guy never skips leg day.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I feel like there's a lot of potential for overlap with a BDSM and LARP group.

If you've ever been around Vampire LARPing, I can assure you that this is the case for some of them at least.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    LARPing is..

strange.

• Options
    Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    I'm bemused by the idea that there is some kind of all-encompassing "nerd community."

Yeah, it's pretty balkanized in general. Cons tend to bring out the kinship in my experience, though. The community down here in Georgia is pretty nice, I think- I was mostly referring to the community that exists here on the PA forums.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    -snip-
    Can't see the middle pic.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    It's really funny, the single nerdiest thing I've ever done in my life (work at a game store) is also the thing which most drove me away from being able to handle nerds in my daily life.

I mean, I'm a total nerd. But my tolerance for people doing things that I view as "nerdy" is vastly lower than it was, after being forced to have some guy tell me about his homebrew rules for 40k literally every day for a year.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Two turds with one stone.

• Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Two turds with one stone.

Two birds with one turd.