As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tokusatsu] Invisible Ghosts & Colorfuly Loud Ninjas (Kamen Rider Gemn Sequel!)

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Sooo a selection of Progrise Keys are going to be released in February based on past Riders as it's typically done with previous shows. I think they could have thought a little harder when it came to Gaim's though.

BzkmWx3.jpg

On a more important note, the first look at the next Super Sentai team was released. The name for the group is Mashin Sentai Kiramager.
    LpO2Lgk.jpg

The group have a dual-motif of cars and gems going for them.

cXxuPfI.jpg
    GwSPyaG.jpg

Their team weapons are the Kiramablade and Kiramashot...

1LXC6qm.jpg

...which can combine together to become the Kiramabuster.

Bxc1xZ4.jpg

While it's not clear yet what their combined robot will be like, the scans did show off at least Red's ride which shows off better the mixed gem/car theme they got going.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Not really a fan of the suits and weapons. Don’t look terrible, but it’s not doing it for me

Fully believe I’ll like the show though. The... writer? Producer? Is the same as Gokaiger/Zyuohger/LuPat, all of which I loved and have notably strong casts and character work

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I need to go back and finish zyuohger and lupat

I was really enjoying them both and then in each case some real life stuff derailed me and I never caught up

• Options
  • Options
    Here's some Zero-One scans to give an idea of what's coming in January.
    wl0LBZ3.jpg

January's the month of Kamen Rider Thouser. Besides being powered by two Keys at once, one of his more dangerous aspects is his Thousand Jacker, a sword that allows him to steal power from other Keys and use it against their owners. This explains why Shining Hopper and Assault Wolf may be outclassed so soon.

Il3qpWb.jpg

January's also the month of new monsters-of-the-week as well! With the source of Magias supposedly cut off, the new threat comes in the form of Raids. Raids are not born from Humagears though but humans armed with a Progrise Key and a new mook-belt called the Raidriser.

9RdjPKr.jpg

As seen in this close-up, the Raidriser not only has it's key inserted at an angle like the Shotriser but some have noted that the lower-half of the suit is similar to the AIMS-Riders'. A good hint on where the gear's coming from if one actually needed it.

• Options
    Here's the trailer for Kamen Rider Zero-One's Hyper-Battle special. It's got quite a mouthful of a title.

• Options
  • Options
    Sorry for the triple post but a neat poster for Zero-One's second arc is up. Probably just a simple promo-pic but...
    RM7p3Fb.jpg

...it's interesting that MJ.net's (bugger if I'll be able to spell out that name completely correct) symbol is on the poster, marking them as still being in play. Of course we know that Horobi is still active and that if the naming convection between the group's name and it's members are right, we're due one more Rider from them. It'd be nice to see them not go the way of Kamen Rider Build's Faust and just fizzle out completely as a threat. Also, I do hope Valkyrie does get a personal upgrade of sorts, even if it's a retool of Assault Wolf or something.

• Options
    First trailers for the next Super Sentai series are up thanks to the reveal panel today.

According to translated info...
    ...the team starts out off-screen minus it's Red kinda like Kyoryuger. Unlike Daigo though, the show's Red ends up being a high-schooler talented in art that stumbles into a fight the Kiramagers are having with the show's villains, the Yodon Army. The rest of the group in contrast are apparently aces in their various fields; e-sports (Yellow), track and field (Green), swordplay stunts (Blue) and medicine (Pink). The four seem to have been recruited by CAROT, a company formed by a man named Hakataminami Muryou. He's working with aliens from a planet called Crystalia who're supplying the powers and is friends with both the planet's king and his daughter, the latter playing liaison between her planet and CAROT. The Kiramagers are supported by their sentient mecha which come across as large gems and unfold into vehicle form.

https://youtu.be/GA4hoVcrCLk

Interestingly enough, the series will have an 'Episode Zero' film that'll act as a prelude to the series, packaged together with the upcoming Lupin Vs Pat Vs Ryusoul movie.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    They are really having to stretch for some wacky combinations for themes. The shiny machines look really nice, though.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    the new pink ranger played Kanon in Kamen Rider Ghost

which is good because maybe she'll get to play an actual character this time

• Options
    The villain and mecha suits look good, the theme sounds fun, most of the rest of this isn’t working for me just yet

The team pose is suitably goofy but makes me desperately wish for a Gokaiger appearance just to see the pirates absolutely flabbergasted by it

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I dig the glowy machines and mech, though I wonder how long they'll maintain the glow

I remember Kamen Rider Faiz had the cool light up features for like one or two episodes, but I think it turned out to be a big safety issue, something like the suit actor almost got electrocuted?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Think I’m going to try to get into Garo as my next project

It’s new enough that I think I can just tackle the various live action show/movies/anime in release order

Anyone have any opinions on the franchise?

• Options
    There's nudity in like the first two minutes of the very first episode. He also has a very cool lighter. Uh, later on a lot of other sentai/KR actors show up.

That's all I've got.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I just learned about a weird tokusatsu themed arcade game by Konami.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yKhTuEGcGA

The theme song is by the guy who did most of the Showa era Kamen Rider themes, and Gatchaman. And Luna Varga!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Hopefully his recommendations was "all of them"

I guess I'll have to look into Shout Factory, which I'm guessing is yet another streaming service ?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    I forget if they have a streaming service; primarily they're a physical media publisher. They've got North American releases for Sentai from Jetman through Hurricanger now, but only on standard definition DVD

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    They tend to release two Super Sentai series a year give or take

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    They're primarily DVD releases with subtitles, although they do have a lot of their older releases streaming on their website, yeah. Newest stuff has a delay before they put it up there

It's how I've seen so much 90's Sentai (I've now seen Zyu-Ginga, I believe they have Jetman-Hurricane up there now?)

• Options
    double checking, Hurricanger isn't out till March

Presumably Abaranger for a Fall release?

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Oh, hmmm, I don't think I really wanna buy a bunch of Kamen Rider DVDs

A toku streaming service would be nice actually, just to throw something on whenever

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Oh, hmmm, I don't think I really wanna buy a bunch of Kamen Rider DVDs

A toku streaming service would be nice actually, just to throw something on whenever

watchtoku.com

Mostly Ultraman though.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Shoutfactory hasn't been able to publish Super Sentai since Hasbro bought the US rights. Things were put on hold.

Hurricaneger came out March 2019. No new releases are planned.

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Shoutfactory hasn't been able to publish Super Sentai since Hasbro bought the US rights. Things were put on hold.

Hurricaneger came out March 2019. No new releases are planned.

Damn you, Decade!

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    After being leaked via underwear, Zero-One's next upgrade finally gets a proper look via this month's scans for February's episodes.
    L4MJdiV.jpg

Ironically (if early translations are correct), the form comes from Thouser of all people. Gai creates the Metal Cluster Key to seal off Zero-One's power at the source by jamming it into the Zero-One Driver. Instead, he ends up causing a Hazard Build situation as the Driver makes the new form from the Key's data and Zero-One goes berserk as a result.

JPx0h4y.jpg

The Key's data will also spawn a new weapon for the form, the Progrise Hopper Blade. Zero-One can use it by itself or combine it with the Attache-Caliber.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    And under the topic of 'weirdest piece of Toku-related merchandise':

ggysqQB.jpg

Fans of Kamen Rider Zero-One will soon be able to buy an abdominal piece belonging to Gut-Buster Taro, the comedy Humagear from the series' first episode. It'll be coming out in June for 3300 yen.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I made some tonkotsu broth this weekend and it's really good. I think next time I'll do more ginger and maybe add some mushrooms.

I know that's not what this thread is about but I'd already clicked on it before I'd realized my mistake. The point is everyone should try making tonkotsu.

• Options

Here's a subbed version of the trailer for Kiramager was put up for those interested in understanding what was being said. Red's name is actually Jewel.

• Options

I want these

Also how are we not talking about Zero One every week, the suits are sooo good and Izu is hilarious

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Time for some Kamen Rider Zero-One magazine scans for next month's episodes.
    STrGA3m.jpg

As seen in last week's preview, Jin's coming back and suiting up again with a brand-new Key, Burning Falcon. More surprisingly, it's with a new Driver as well, the Slashriser. The ZAIA Slashriser to be precise. That naturally raises questions about why would ZAIA create a melee-counterpart to the Shotriser and how did Jin get his hands on it.

LLcGN3a.jpg

Of course he's not the only MJ.Net member returning to the Rider suit as Horobi's gotten his gear back. That said, can his 10 years of experience make up for the power-discrepancy between his sole Rider form and both Thouser and MCH Zero-One? He will have help at least and not just from Jin as Raiden has also been rebuilt, returning as Kamen Rider Ikazuchi. With our mystery Raidriser-dealer making four, is MJ.Net now complete?

oYCbKyB.jpg

The villains aren't the only ones getting power-ups though as Vulcan gets his next upgrade via the Rampage Gatling Key. It may sound like the first non-living-being-based Key but in fact Rampage is a combination of powers from TEN Keys: Falcon, Bear, Hornet, Cheetah, Mammoth, Wolf, Gorilla, Shark, Scorpion, and Tiger.

UZddH1J.jpg

Yua is also getting an upgrade of her own, but shockingly not for Valkyrie! Instead she actually uses a Raidriser and the Fighting Jackal Key to become the Fighting Jackal Raider. And does so to assist Thouser in fighting Zero-One at that! Did something happen to her Shotriser? What sort of advantage could be gained from using a Raidriser when she can simply build herself a powerful Key of her own to use with Valkyrie? And will Valkyrie ever be seen again?

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    I don't know about that last thing.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I am looking foward to three-way robobrawl Riders

(And more of Gai getting Dunked on)

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    6wNnMlH.jpg

Following up on selling a piece of an android's abs, Bandai's selling a special AIMS set featuring an unopenable Shooting Wolf Key, a Rushing Cheetah Key that you can spin on a ring and a prop of the pair's RisePhone, complete with it's own AIMS-decaled phone-case.

https://youtu.be/H6rc-bT-zxE

EDIT: Here's a sub of the ad above.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    This week's episode of Zero-One has come out, bringing back a familiar face.
    HGd7GMA.jpg
    juMslWp.jpg
    HcEhkGY.jpg

And for those wanting a sneak-peek at the new Super Sentai team, here ya go.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus

Marvel is putting out an Ultraman comic later this year. Super duper duper excited. With this, shin ultraman coming out whenever, and whatever the hell ssss.dynazeon is, the future is bright

This discussion has been closed.