As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tokusatsu] Invisible Ghosts & Colorfuly Loud Ninjas (Kamen Rider Gemn Sequel!)

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgYTMUEYRqc

There's going to be an Ultraman anime next year, based on a currently-running manga

The manga is pretty interesting - it's sort of Ultraman meets Kamen Rider in a way.

Speaking of anime based on toku, and more word on that Gridman reboot Studio Trigger announced?

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    There was a teaser last week, maybe? The footage was very brief, but it definitely communicates the tone

I’m on my phone though, I can’t grab it right now

• Options
    edited December 2017
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Jimothy wrote: »

Cool. If it gets a dub, they really need to get Matthew Laurence on the cast.

Edit: I just noticed that the title is SSSS.Gridman. Very subtle way of acknowledging the American title, there.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Anyone want a peek at one of the new Riders coming in post Heisei Generations Final?
    hteK7oa.jpg

According to some preliminary reports on the film, his cameo appearance has him swooping in to swipe the Phoenix and Robo Full-Bottles for Hokuto AKA the part of Japan that Sento and Ryuga visited to find Takumi Katsuragi's mom.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I just watched ep 41 of Kyuranger

jesus that was bad

• Options
    Only two more episodes of Geed, don’t sleep on it

• Options
    I'm gonna be completely honest

the thing I am waiting for the most for Lupinranger Vs Patoranger is the song

• Options
    Sounds like an Amazons movie was announced at the end of that Heisei Generations flick

Which makes sense because season 2 teased more but there don’t seem to be enough dangling plot threads for another season

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    they just wrapped shooting on the movie actually

• Options
    Here's a couple of scans from Build's third toy catalog.
    vwPmskD.jpg

First up is the Full Full Rabbit Tank Bottle (Double Full-Bottle?). It's capable of folding in two parts to fit into the Build Driver and made to work with the Hazard Trigger attachment. Depending on what's represented in the little window, Build can go Rabbit-Rabbit or Tank-Tank.

cexaxBz.jpg

Along with it, he gets a new weapon called the Full Bottle Blaster. Like the Drill Crusher, it's both a sword and a gun and like Drive's Trailer Cannon, it can slot in multiple Full Bottles (four to be precise) to activate it's Ultimate Match Break attack.

• Options
    I'm watching Ohranger

Has anyone seen this baby episode?

The hell did I watch?

• Options
    A couple pages back or so, I mentioned that the Ex-Aid stage-show introduced a couple of new suited characters. In a surprising turn, it looks like they'll be appearing in Another Ending as these scans show as well as a 'new' piece of gear.
    P79TVbN.jpg

Nico's version of Snipe and Gamedeus Muteki are both making an appearance. Burgermon will also be returning, coming back as the Double Cheese Burgermon Bugster.

4H44SNp.jpg

Also showing up is the third version of the Bugvisor, the Bugvisor-G. What extra functions it has has not been made clear yet.

• Options
    Double-posting for the trailer for the final part of Ex-Aid: Another Ending. This one, like the other two I posted here, have been subbed via closed-captioning by the guy that put it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8FtWy-ojgg

• Options
    I am so so down with Genm and Lazer getting a movie

• Options
    I saw some interesting LuPato speculation the other day

So the Lupinranger finisher is to make copies of themselves and attack

But the Patoranger finisher is to fuse into one ranger, there’s even another action figure for this. Looks like a rainbow ranger with only red, green, pink

So it was suggested that when the teams inevitably team up, maybe the reds will fuse, giving us a more standard team

A late series thing, like ZyuohWhale or Shishi Red Orion

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Jim Carter's torso head looks like a haro

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    They just straight up have Igor, they're not even being subtle about it.

Also amazing that the black police chief trope made it to Japan.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Is the police chief the first black regular character on a sentai show?

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    This is the most excited I've been for a new sentai in a long time.

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Is the police chief the first black regular character on a sentai show?

There was one on megaranger but he was minor

However, Ike Nwala IS the first black American to get a regular role, he's a Nigerian-American comedian who has become super famous, notably amongst kids

Vice did a great interview with him here

https://youtu.be/GuEQtn2nm9A

He wrote about his success here

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/community/2017/11/29/our-lives/consummation-cool-funny-business/#.Wk5pV1ZcWEc

• Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    It's a good day when a bunch of Kamen Rider stuff comes in the mail.

I wonder if they will make all of the full bottles...
    Now that we know that there are 60 of them floating around

• Options
    So I've been watching Ohranger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLIHO1BwGnk

• Options
    Ohranger never had a chance

• Options
    Here's a quick peek at Build's next power-up which should be showing up in the next episode.

The power-up will also be showing up in a special Youtube miniseries that starts on February 5th, subtitled 'Raising The Hazard Level: 7 Best Matches'.

• Options
    Sorry but it was just announced that Build will be getting it's own Blu-ray episode set miniseries much like previous series since Drive.

https://youtu.be/WlGsVXoQfSE

It'll focus on ol' Gentoku Himuro himself and like the last two box-set miniseries explore his backstory.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1e9zWidy10

Teaser for the Amazons movie

• Options
    February's magazine scans are coming in with Build's giving the first good look at the show's fourth Rider as well as two other new challengers.
    vHUR092.jpg

Here's Kamen Rider Rogue. No identity given though unlike the other Rogue in the show, his motif is based around a crocodile instead of a bat. And unlike Cross-Z and Grease, he uses a new type of Full Bottle in the Sclash Driver called a Cracked Full Bottle. While he uses the Steam Blade from the Transteam System, he swaps out the old Transteam Gun for it's 2.0 model, the Nebula Steam Gun.

dI7KKli.jpg

The NS-Gun will also be used by two new characters from Seito, Fu and Rai Washio. Rai uses the Gun along with the Gear Engine item to transform into the white-geared Engine Bros, sporting a lot of strength. Fu on the otherhand uses the Gear Remocon (Remote Control) to become the blue-geared Remocon Bros, his power being focused on speed. And if individually they can't beat their opponents, they can actually merge into the two-in-one Bros, Hell Bros.

• Options
  • Options
    I feel like combining a coke and a banana is absolutely something build would do anyway

• Options
    Kyuranger ended

As a whole I thought the show was... fine. Didn't live up to Zyuohger for me, nor to my high hopes going into the series. I still think having more than one suit ranger (let alone five) was a big mistake, but even among the face rangers, there were some (Spada, Kotaro, Lucky most of the time) that I just didn't care for

Shishi Red Orion is up there with ZyuohWhale as one of the best suits in the series though

Lupinranger vs Patoranger starts next week and I am very excited

Build has been fantastic, and this past week's episode was very serious in a way that reminded me a bit of Gaim

I've got four more episodes of Ohranger, which is really great and probably my favorite of the older series I've watched. So many strong costume designs

• Options
    I am with you on everything except that Zyuohger was better than Kyuranger

They were both solidly "fine", but I think Kyuranger had at least a more fun story through the middle and end.

• Options
    See, I loved Yamato and Masao and liked the rest of the team way more than any of the Kyurangers

Yamato’s mom stuff was way better than Lucky’s dad stuff

I thought the whale hunter guy arc kept the middle from getting too slow. Genis’s twist came too late, but was a better twist than any of Don Armage’s for me (I just now got the pun in his name)

I would’ve kept Scorpio around longer, maybe made him the main villain

I thought Zyuohger’s main flaw was its hideous mecha

• Options
    CNN’s headline all afternoon has been: “Trump Defends Ex-Aide”

I didn’t know he was such a fan!

• Options
    Who's up for some Build final-form spoilers via the newest toy catalog?
    wEKfdKE.png

Remember this picture that popped up a couple of months or so ago?

7kFozL9.jpg

Yeah, turns out it's a legit leak. This is Build's Genius Form, granted by the Genius Full-Bottle.

JedBpma.jpg

Cross-Z in the meantime is also getting a second upgrade by going back to the Build Driver and using a new add-on called the Cross-Z Magma Knuckle. It with the new Dragon Magma Bottle turns him into Cross-Z Magma.

KwqXPsg.jpg

There's also upgrades for the villains as well, in part thanks to a new version of the Build Driver called the Evol Driver which also uses a new type of Full-Bottles called Evol-Bottles. It's main user, Kamen Rider Evol, is named after the Driver and uses the Cobra and Rider EBs to transform.

IUvUDCf.jpg

It even has what looks to be it's own version of the Hazard Trigger, called the Evol Trigger. This lets Evol access Black Hole Form.

wPhwcwR.jpg

The toy catalog also advertises Rabbit and Dragon EBs though it's not clear if this means that Evol will be using them himself or Build and Cross-Z manage to use the Evol Driver themselves somehow.

2eroObk.jpg

An established Rider that will most certainly be using it is Rogue who uses the Bat and Engine Full Bottles to achieve Mad Rogue Form.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options

This tweet has a few more videos listed from the Final Stage show if you check it out on it's page directly.

• Options
    I finished Ohranger, which is definitely my favorite of the older series I've watched (Zyu-Oh). Shout Factory TV skips to Megaranger next. I asked them on Twitter what's up with that and apparently they just don't have the rights to stream Carranger for some reason, but they're hoping that changes soon. Not sure if I'll skip to Mega or find Carranger through a sketchier source

Build is still really fantastic, if anyone's watching it or thinking about checking it out

Haven't seen LuPato yet, but there have been some spoilers about future rangers that should be joining the team:

From catalog ads:
    ?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_151845804349113&key=42566bbcff5172568bc761e3f120410e&libId=jdkilorg01000a71000DA68drhh1e&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rangerboard.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D181776&v=1&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rangerboard.com%2F&out=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FbTLVWhs.jpg&title=%5BDISCUSSION%5D%20Kaitou%20Sentai%20Lupinranger%20VS%20Keisatsu%20Sentai%20Patoranger%20toy%20thread%20-%20RangerBoard&txt=%3Cimg%20src%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FbTLVWhs.jpg%22%20border%3D%220%22%20alt%3D%22%22%20style%3D%22max-width%3A%20750px%22%3E

The "sixth" that gets their own morpher is some kind of double agent ranger who's working both sides. The silver version is Lupin-X, the gold is Patoren-X

There's currently a rumor going around that he's Hilltop, who I desperately wanted to become a ranger anyway. So hopefully that pans out

From hacking the morpher toy:
    These rangers use the same morpher as the main teams, so think KyoryuViolet or Silver, as opposed to the proper sixth

KAITOU CHANGE:
    Sound 005- Red, 0-1-0!
    Sound 006- Blue 2-6-0!
    Sound 007- Yellow 1-1-6!
    Sound 008- Black 0-0-0!

Looks like we're getting a LupinBlack

KEISATSU CHANGE:
    Sound 012- Ichigo, Gouon Bakusou! (#1, Roaring Sound, Roaring Noisily!)
    Sound 013- Nigo, Hyappatsuhyakuchuu! (#2, Always Hitting the Bull's-eye!)
    Sound 014- Sango, Rangeki Randa! (#3, Random Shooting and Battering!)
    Sound 015- Minus Ichigo, Gokuakuhidou! (#-1, Atrocious and Inhuman!)

And a -1 Ranger, an evil version of Patoranger's red. The morph call indicates that they'll be evil or possibly even a monster that has morphed. As much as I want an AbareKiller, I'm betting this is a movie-exclusive ranger like Deathryuger

KEISATSU CHANGE:
    Sound 50- Zerogo, Tenchimuyo! (Do not turn upside down!)

But Patoranger does get a zeroth member. If Lupinranger gets a black (their base color), maybe this is a white (Patoranger's base)? Don't know why this sound is so far away from the others, maybe this ranger shows up very late in the game, or they are a (or the, if -1 is in the show) movie-exclusive ranger

Also the Kyoryuger cast was reunited, it was announced today for an ad campaign for a mobile RPG game. That links to an article that includes both a commercial featuring the cast becoming RPG characters as well as a 30-minute episode "33.5" of Kyoryuger. They actually got together and shot an entire episode a show that ended years ago and decided when in the series it would take place. Hopefully someone subs it soon

This discussion has been closed.