As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OnPeak [hotels] are live, and other hotel discussion

12345679»

• Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Mitsutsu wrote: »
    Ugh I'm a bit surprised that the Hilton doesn't have complimentary internet....not even in the lobby? :\ That's disappointing. Wish I gone with Mofit (Red Lion) for a dollar more per night with internet :<
    The Hilton did when I stayed there on 2011. You have to get the password though from the front desk

• Options
    Star ForgeStar Forge Registered User regular
    Question for all of ya: Can you go via OnPeak to transfer a reservation to someone else? At the last minute, I got a room at the Westin now and someone I know at the last minute kind of want my old Crowne Plaza reservation. So instead of dropping the reservation and put it back in the OnPeak pool, can I just directly transfer it?

Attending [E]nforcing: PAX East 2015 Vacation: [x] Flight: [x] Hotel: [x] [E] Schedule: []
    Attended: PAX Prime 2014
    Considering: PAX Prime 2015
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Star Forge wrote: »
    Question for all of ya: Can you go via OnPeak to transfer a reservation to someone else? At the last minute, I got a room at the Westin now and someone I know at the last minute kind of want my old Crowne Plaza reservation. So instead of dropping the reservation and put it back in the OnPeak pool, can I just directly transfer it?
    Call OnPeak. There should be a phone number in your reservation. I've done this in the past, but it might be too close to pax to get that done. Only way to know for sure is to call them.

• Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    Soo... Should I change my room to quad occupancy if we expect more people to join us? Or is this something that will be overlooked...

I can't remember, but in one of the earlier pages we went over this. Overall, the room occupancy is set for the fire code. The room is equipped to handle up to x amount of people, but they want to know exactly how many are on each floor in the case of an emergency. It also helps that they can charge more for each room, based on the additional occupancy.

YMMV, but you'd likely get away with it if you wanted. There is a safety aspect for accurate occupancy though. Keep that all in mind.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Hi there, I was just wondering if anybody here has reservations that they do not need for a hotel. I put together last minute plans to attend pax but I do not want to pay $550 a night for a hotel room which is what they are charging now. If anyone has a reservation let me know. I think I'm only going to Saturday and Sunday but I may stay for Monday.

Hi, I still have my reservation to Grand Hyatt Seattle...it's yours of you want it. It's a king.

• Options
    Star ForgeStar Forge Registered User regular
    I dropped the Westin actually if you want it. Our group is ending up sticking with the Crowne instead (unless any Sheratons open up for 5 nights).

Attending [E]nforcing: PAX East 2015 Vacation: [x] Flight: [x] Hotel: [x] [E] Schedule: []
    Attended: PAX Prime 2014
    Considering: PAX Prime 2015
  • Options
    RandomAddictRandomAddict Registered User new member
    Hi there, I was just wondering if anybody here has reservations that they do not need for a hotel. I put together last minute plans to attend pax but I do not want to pay $550 a night for a hotel room which is what they are charging now. If anyone has a reservation let me know. I think I'm only going to Saturday and Sunday but I may stay for Monday.

Just keep checking OnPeak, the official site for Hotel reservations. Reservations get constantly dropped up to the final 72 hour cancellation policy, so if you keep checking you'll eventually get a hotel room at a decent price.

Thanks for the suggestion! I got into the Westin for all 3 nights for only $180 a night! There is all kinds of hotels available on OnPeak right now.

• Options
    kyle1193kyle1193 Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I received a reservation email for a hotel that I canceled, should I try to cancel directly with the hotel or is it onpeak's duty to do that?

kyle1193 on
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    kyle1193 wrote: »
    I received a reservation email for a hotel that I canceled, should I try to cancel directly with the hotel or is it onpeak's duty to do that?

I'd call the hotel just in case.

• Options
    I would call the hotel and OnPeak.

• Options
    AlmarAlmar Registered User regular
    Did anyone who reserved this week for the Sheraton get their confirmation number yet? I just tried calling the hotel directly to cancel one of the nights and they said they couldn't find anything on my reservation. Getting worried....

• Options
    Almar wrote: »
    Did anyone who reserved this week for the Sheraton get their confirmation number yet? I just tried calling the hotel directly to cancel one of the nights and they said they couldn't find anything on my reservation. Getting worried....
    Call OnPeak. They should be able to tell you when things are transferred.

Calling OnPeak when you have an issue with your OnPeak reservation should be step 1 ;)

• Options
    sacratoysacratoy Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    It appears that at least existing Sheraton and Westin reservations have been cut off as of the 20th from editing. I'm guessing due to reservations being transferred.

PAX draws near. I get on the plane for Seattle in 6 days :dizzy_face:

PAX Prime 2014: Pass [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Vacation Days [x]

PAX Prime 2014 Preparations Complete
  • Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    sacratoy wrote: »
    It appears that at least existing Sheraton and Westin reservations have been cut off as of the 20th from editing. I'm guessing due to reservations being transferred.

Confirmed: I needed to make an update, called the hotel directly and they said OnPeak transferred to them earlier today.

Changes can still be made, everyone! You just have to do it directly with the hotel now.

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options
    AlmarAlmar Registered User regular
    Headhunter wrote: »

Confirmed: I needed to make an update, called the hotel directly and they said OnPeak transferred to them earlier today.

Changes can still be made, everyone! You just have to do it directly with the hotel now.

Oh that's good to hear. I called around the Sheraton around 7 so maybe it was too early, I'll give them a call later today.

• Options
    ugh, was able to book the homewood last night through onpeak a few hours before they turned off reservations.. no confirmation number yet and now onpeak is closed for the weekend. the homewood doesn't seem to have the reservation yet either.

:s

• Options
    mystosaucemystosauce Toronto, Ontario CanadaRegistered User regular
    Just got my confirmation for Crowne Plaza Seattle :) Was a little worried that I wasn't going to get it since I booked late but just got it. See you all at Pax

• Options
    ZeusheroZeushero PAX -E-ast Registered User regular
    If anyone has stayed at the Sheraton before, do they charge you at checkin or checkout? In Boston the Seaport charged us at checkin. I'll call them tomorrow or Monday to be sure.

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

Has anyone else gotten a cancellation email from their hotel or onpeak?

zerzhul on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    brettpoolbrettpool Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    SmallLady wrote: »

Has anyone else gotten a cancellation email from their hotel or onpeak?

Nothing here, I'm booked at the Crowne Plaza.
    In fact I got confirmation email from them just yesterday.

zerzhul on
    PAX Prime 2015 [ ] Pass [ ] Hotel [ ] Flight [cool as a cucumber until after East] HYPE
    Attendee: Prime 12,13,14 East 13
  • Options
    sacratoysacratoy Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    Turns out when I cancelled by Westin reservation through OnPeak it wasn't actually cancelled. So I had to take care of that.

I also hadn't received (still haven't) my confirmation from the Sheraton, so I called the hotel about that. Turns out that reservation did go through, but the reservations clerk didn't know why I hadn't received a confirmation.

Always a little bit of cleaning to do after OnPeak.

PAX Prime 2014: Pass [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Vacation Days [x]

PAX Prime 2014 Preparations Complete
  • Options
    BLaZuREBLaZuRE Registered User regular
    Zeushero wrote: »
    If anyone has stayed at the Sheraton before, do they charge you at checkin or checkout? In Boston the Seaport charged us at checkin. I'll call them tomorrow or Monday to be sure.

I've only been familiar with hotels charging at checkout, though I would call or go to your hotel's website to make sure. That being said, they do put a hold on your card (which is essentially a charge) for some amount for incidentals and to make sure it's valid.

PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    EscoBladesEscoBlades Product Marketing Manager at Ubisoft Registered User regular

Most charge at checkout. However, a lot of hotels will put a hold on your card for the amount at check in. Sometimes just for incidentals, others for the full amount of your stay. You won't actually be debited till you check out, but the hold will almost certainly prevent you using that amount of money as it is "ring fenced"

tHBv9m5.png
    Product Marketing Manager on Watch Dogs: Legion
    Youtube | Twitter
  • Options
    Status TavisStatus Tavis Registered User new member
    Dang looks like I missed out on booking my hotel as i just purchased my badges today. If someone needs to cancel let me know.

• Options
    havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular

They'll place a hold at check in typically, and then push the charge through after checkout, in my experience.

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    Turns out when I cancelled by Westin reservation through OnPeak it wasn't actually cancelled. So I had to take care of that.

I also hadn't received (still haven't) my confirmation from the Sheraton, so I called the hotel about that. Turns out that reservation did go through, but the reservations clerk didn't know why I hadn't received a confirmation.

Always a little bit of cleaning to do after OnPeak.

Yeah, I didn't get my confirmation either, but I was able to look it up using the credit card number and then it had an option to send a confirmation and I got mine that way.

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    EscoBlades wrote: »

Most charge at checkout. However, a lot of hotels will put a hold on your card for the amount at check in. Sometimes just for incidentals, others for the full amount of your stay. You won't actually be debited till you check out, but the hold will almost certainly prevent you using that amount of money as it is "ring fenced"

If this is a problem for anyone, some hotels will allow you to pay the 1st night's stay in full up front as an alternative guarantor (I did it at the Boston Long Wharf for East 2013).

Definitely keep an eye out for the "cap hold" if you spend a lot of money in/around a PAX weekend: for example, I keep a close eye on it as I also register/pay for fall classes around the same time.

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options
    Status TavisStatus Tavis Registered User new member
    Most of you probably already knew this but, I just called OnPeak and it sounds like they are not honoring the pax price anymore and will only offer the web rate which is over double the price. This is bad for me since I just got my badges a few days ago. I know it's a long shot but if anyone needs to cancel for any reason I would appreciate it greatly if you could respond to this or message me to see if we can transfer the reservation. I need a room for 2-4 people so that's why I can't use the room share thread to find a place. Thank you!

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Most of you probably already knew this but, I just called OnPeak and it sounds like they are not honoring the pax price anymore and will only offer the web rate which is over double the price. This is bad for me since I just got my badges a few days ago. I know it's a long shot but if anyone needs to cancel for any reason I would appreciate it greatly if you could respond to this or message me to see if we can transfer the reservation. I need a room for 2-4 people so that's why I can't use the room share thread to find a place. Thank you!

Your best bet at this point may be airbnb.

Also, seeing as you just got your badges, you should confirm that they are indeed legitimate. I assume you bought them from a 3rd party.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    EscoBlades wrote: »

Westin just put a hold for the full amount + what looks like an extra $50 a day incidentals as well when I checked in this afternoon (doing a rough £ to $ conversion in my head)

to be fair I didn't ask and wasn't paying attention at the time - just checked my card account after I got to my room and it doesn't bother me that much as I'd budgeted for that kind of thing but might not be the same for others :)

• Options
    Woo, got my Homewood confirmation number finally.

• Options
    CKingCKing Registered User regular
    I know it's kind of late to ask, but hubby and I will be staying at the Renaissance while in Seattle. I was wondering if anyone that stayed there before remembers if the $220 gratuity came out when you purchased the room (I think it went out, but I just got an email from the hotel that looks the same as onpeak's and it says nothing came out). And I was wondering if they charge a security fee up front (the grand Hyatt did this when we stayed there). Just want to get an idea of how much is still owed on the room.

• Options
    BLaZuREBLaZuRE Registered User regular

Have you tried this large suite on the hotel room share thread? Try posting and looking for something there anyway. OnPeak charging web rate is probably due to them not having any rooms for sale, not because they're not "honoring" a rate, and therefore they become a middleman. It's horrible trying to find a room this close to PAX.

PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    ZeusheroZeushero PAX -E-ast Registered User regular
    Be sure to check your reservations with the hotel. I checked to see if my reservations went through at the Sheraton. It was different days than what I had booked. I called up onpeak and explained to them and then they called up the Sheraton. They got it fixed and I was sent another email with everything showing up as it should. I was so nervous. Glad onpeak was there to save the day.

• Options
    Kirby4LifeKirby4Life SumYungGuy In a cabin in the woodsRegistered User regular
    So when I got my hotel I didn't notice that it said single occupancy. The thing is, my room has two beds and Im bringing 3 other people with me. Will I get penalized?? The hotel is the Fairmont Olympic.

• Options
    OysterPrimeOysterPrime Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Kirby4Life wrote: »
    So when I got my hotel I didn't notice that it said single occupancy. The thing is, my room has two beds and Im bringing 3 other people with me. Will I get penalized?? The hotel is the Fairmont Olympic.
    Like others have said, the occupancy number is there because the hotel must have a max occupancy in place for fire regulations. If you and your friends are quiet and don't do anything crazy, however, there's no way they'll(probably) ever know.

OysterPrime on
    PAX Prime: 2012, 2014
    PAX East: 2013

PAX East 2016:
    [ X ] Badge [ X ] Hotel [ X ] Plane Ticket
  • Options
    Goddess of MadnessGoddess of Madness Registered User regular
    I'm in full panic mode and my husband is being a fruit. We still only have the confirmation from On Peak for the Hyatt and he is all "It'll be fiiiiiiine" I can't call because it isn't my credit card.

• Options
    oil_52oil_52 Registered User regular
    I'm in full panic mode and my husband is being a fruit. We still only have the confirmation from On Peak for the Hyatt and he is all "It'll be fiiiiiiine" I can't call because it isn't my credit card.

my wife called for me while i was at work and it was under my card, Just tell them your his wife and give them his first and last name and they will let you know.

• Options
    soozerellasoozerella Registered User regular
    I tried to check up on my reservation through the Sheraton's site, searching by last name/confirmation number, and got no results. Naturally, I proceeded to call the hotel in a slight panic... but it turns out my reservation is fine & good to go.

So, don't put much stock in the Sheraton's "check reservations" tool, is I guess what I'm saying here.

PAX Prime attendee: '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, and soon to be '16