As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Show off your [Screenshots] thread II: NSFFIOS

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Mega Hombre! Yeah!

*remembers Mega Man is dead*

Oh... :(

I'm sorry, what?
    It's a depressed Mega Man fan injoke.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • nusunusu Registered User regular
    Valiant Hearts:

Bq8rGBDCMAAul5c.jpg:large

Commander ZoomRoyceSraphimStormwatcher
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Brutal Doom makes this old game look more gory and intense than most any modern shooter out now. I'm loving it.

8488C1DCF324D83A38391FE81B8CF1AD3C7091D3

steam_sig.png
    anoffdayDrake
  • DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    turn off those HD textures, they make it look horrible. turn off pixel smoothing too and embrace the pixelated greatness, goes well with all that blood.

Deaderinred on
    DrakeEvmaAlsarLinespider5
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    turn off those HD textures, they make it look horrible. turn off pixel smoothing too and embrace the pixelated greatness, goes well with all that blood.

To each his own, but I do agree. Doom looks awesome to me just the way it is.

And brutal doom is amazing.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
    anoffday wrote: »

To each his own, but I do agree. Doom looks awesome to me just the way it is.

And brutal doom is amazing.

Hm, I'll try it. At first I wasn't crazy about the smoothed character pixels but I've grown accustomed to them. I'll give the old school style another try. Although those HD demon art decorations are awesome.

steam_sig.png
    Shovel Knight

PRaF65q.jpg

40lvW14.jpg

CbXuYqm.jpg

DrDBqeH.jpg

PoaE8wu.jpg

7pzRkPG.jpg

z5YgZSR.jpg

KbbuSBg.jpg

KgNwsmi.jpg

XAQIyCQ.jpg

Commander ZoomMr.SunshineStormwatcherRoyceSraphimCrippl3Magic Pink
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    He shovels very well.

GoodKingJayIII
    He shovels very well.
    Verily!

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Should I play Shovel Knight on PC or 3DS?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    Plays just fine on PC with a gamepad.

Your preference, really. Graphics might look a lil sharper on a handheld.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I've heard the 3D effect is pretty cool; but otherwise I think it's the same game?

I'm getting it on 3DS first; but I'm sure I'll grab it on Steam at some point on sale.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

For what its worth, having played a bit of the 3DS version; compared to those PC screenshots, the 3DS version is identical, just on a smaller screen.

The same amount of pixels on screen, so you're not getting a smaller field of view; just the smaller screen.

It looks fantastic.

The 3D effect is nice and pretty much exactly how you'd expect it to look.

Plus, I assume the ability to just push on your relics or spells instead of bringing up the menu will be a nice advantage over other versions (the WiiU version might have this too?)

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    If the 3DS version looks the same yet is portable it seems like a no brainer to me.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    3DS version is missing something that the PC version has or is getting. Some kind of multi maybe?

Steam: offday
    edited July 2014
    anoffday wrote: »
    3DS version is missing something that the PC version has or is getting. Some kind of multi maybe?

Currently according to Yachtclub, the only thing that the 3DS version will miss out on is the local battle mode; it's slated to get every other free content update all the other platforms are.

There's obvious reasons the 3DS won't have local battle mode. :P

EDIT:
    We hope you are enjoying the main campaign of Shovel Knight! We’ll get cracking on all of exciting content updates soon. Challenge Mode, Playable Knights, Gender Swap, Battle Mode?! These are all on the docket to be released as free updates on all platforms. 3DS is still an exception for receiving the local multiplayer Battle mode -- but we won’t know more until we get to it. We still need to design, develop, and iterate! This might even call for a few more Design Meeting hangouts...

The Dude With Herpes on

Picked up Skyrim Super Duper Edition in the sale on a whim. I've already started to take some screens. No mods, just the HD texture pack and ultra settings. I like my first character, lots cooler than anything I could have made with vanilla Oblivion. Meet Birgitte the Breton Axe Witch. Axe Witches set people on fire and then chop them up with the biggest axe they can get their hands on in case you are wondering.

?.jpg

?.jpg

Gaslight
    edited July 2014
    Get mooooodsssssss
    they maek gaem gudder

I mean, I'm not even talking about stuff like ENB or RLO. But there are so many good gameplay/interface mods.

And, unrelated, here are the shots I posted on the Skyrim thread:

?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
    Gaslight
    Man I've tried modding that shit with Oblivion and FONV. Fuck that. I want to actually play the fucking game instead of dicking around with mods and trying to make shit look right. Some people can get good results from that stuff. Most people end up making their games look like butt. I don't have the time or inclination to get through that stage.

So my Skyrim screenshots will be standard, vanilla Skyrim.

Even if you leave aside the visual stuff, the gameplay goodness is worth it. Also, I spend far more time actually playing than futzing about.
    Modding itself is far more stable and safe than the Oblivion days. I never installed anything like those huge and ultra complex overhauls. And the Nexus Mod Manager makes things easier and safer.

You should try SKUI at the minimum.

camo_sig2.png
    RoyceSraphim
    edited July 2014
    spending years modding beth games is like, 50% of the gameplay man.

Deaderinred on
    Dr. Chaosvegeta_666
    SkyUI is amazing, and should be required with all PC installs. It makes Inventory management and shopping so much easier.

Also, the clock mod is so useful, especially if you want to keep track of your actual time if you don't have a clock nearby. Too many times have I lost track and gone to bed WAY too late than I wanted and only got like 4 hours of sleep before work.

steam_sig.png
    Yeah, no. I know how that shit works. You go to the Nexus to pick up that little mod. It's just a tiny thing. It'll make the whole game so much better. Fast forward to a week later. I'm sorting through a god forsaken mess, trying to figure out which thing broke the game.

Nope. Not doing that again.

Commander Zoom
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    Yeah, no. I know how that shit works. You go to the Nexus to pick up that little mod. It's just a tiny thing. It'll make the whole game so much better. Fast forward to a week later. I'm sorting through a god forsaken mess, trying to figure out which thing broke the game.

there's a methodology son: instead of installing a bunch of tiny nude mods that does model thing each, you install a big nude mod that does them all at once. it's science

trust me I'm a doctorate in nudmodology

Dr. ChaosGlalDrakeStormwatcher
    edited July 2014

Come on, don't be like that.

Don't you want a nord with a fully havoked schlong and an expertly styled feathery haircut?

Dr. Chaos on
    Commander Zoom
  • EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    I just realised today that there's a Demolition Man reference in The Sims 3's expansion pack Into The Future. It's in the all-in-one bathroom:

o2NGsI9.jpg

Also, the Merciless mod for XCOM Enemy Unknown is called that for a reason:

P3EdIAV.jpg

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
    RoyceSraphimCommander ZoomNightslyr
    haha holy shit, how do they expect you get through that? i can barely handle normal mode in xcom.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So did X-Com ever fix it so that you can hit an alien without headshotting it? That really bothered me.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    So did X-Com ever fix it so that you can hit an alien without headshotting it? That really bothered me.

Shots fired that hit an alien always seem to smack it in the face. Misses are usually off by a hilariously huge margin.

Methinks the Council of Nations contracted carnies to set the sights on the standard issue rifles.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
    Gaslight
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    @Stormwatcher‌

That last picture, what changed the font for the UI?

@Stormwatcher‌

That last picture, what changed the font for the UI?

Main font replacement.

camo_sig2.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    D2i0CRI.jpg

I love Just Cause 2 mods.

StormwatcherSightTDWRoyceSraphim
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Don't listen to these savages. Vanilla Skyrim is perfect, just the way she is...it doesn't need cosmetic enhancements. I mean, sure the UI is butts...but it's navigable. Sure, it defaults to gamepad controls if you happen to have one plugged in. Personally, I have one rule when it comes to any game in my library: play through the game once before installing mods of any kind.

...on the other hand, some of the enhanced night-time skyboxes look absolutely gorgeous...

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Commander Zoom
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Look, all you need to do is grab SKSE so you can run SkyUI. And then add a lighting update. Then a graphical overhaul. Then you can stop.

Right after you put in prettier nights. Atmospheric sounds. Better snow. Better dragons. Better enemies. Better skill balance. Better magic. Alternate character starts. Better water. Better... um, what we were talking about again?

Anyway, my Skyrim looks pretty gorgeous. Much like somebody playing a STALKER game for the first time, if you can run stuff with enhanced lighting and visuals, I would definitely say "do it". It doesn't need to have any affect at all on the base game, and vanilla Skyrim is, gameplay-wise, easily the best of the Elder Scrolls games and entirely enjoyable without modding.

Ninja Snarl P on
    Gaslight
    I would not be able to play Skyrim if I had to deal with the shit interface.
    It's just not possible to me. At all.
    I salute you, you're a better man than me.

camo_sig2.png
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I played through it first on the 360, so that was ok.
    Pc though, I usually break it somewhere between 40-50 mods

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    easter egg in the new Wolfenstein.

?.jpg

Are you the magic man?
    I usually last 50 seconds there.

camo_sig2.png
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    I got to the end... or, I guess it was the end. You open up an elevator and then wake up.

Are you the magic man?
    GethRoyceSraphimCommander Zoom