[Music] Maker's Thread.

1234568»

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/RmjdhZ7Jshuxa4dVA

If I’ve done this right, you’ll have an awful piece of intro music for a game that doesn’t exist.

Halibut
  • HalibutHalibut Registered User regular
    https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/RmjdhZ7Jshuxa4dVA

If I’ve done this right, you’ll have an awful piece of intro music for a game that doesn’t exist.

Hey, that's pretty cool. I really like the 8-bit drums that come in around 0:27, and the 8-bit 808 at 1:07.

What software did you use to make this?

It’s a bastardisation of Garage Band (free with my phone), the unsubscribed Medley and October.

I have another one up as of today, but I’m not happy with it. I can see how I’ll improve though, so that’s a nice feeling!

• metaghostmetaghost Registered User regular
    Was stagnating a bit working on my own music, so I decided to uh "cover" some stuff.

Watched a bit of AGDQ and thought to make a medley of Metroid music, and then for whatever reason I decided to see about fusing it with Stravinsky's Rites of Spring for whatever reason. So this is the first completed bit, comprised of the opening bassoon solo to Rites, some invented material, and a fairly maximalist interpretation of the body to Magmoor Caverns/Lower Norfair.

Endless_Serpents
    That’s really interesting!

I don’t have a well formed critic, so all I say is I’d be interested in your continuing this idea with other classic x video game mash ups.

• metaghostmetaghost Registered User regular
    That’s really interesting!

I don’t have a well formed critic, so all I say is I’d be interested in your continuing this idea with other classic x video game mash ups.

Thanks for listening!

The current plan is move through sections of Lower Norfair (above), Brinstar Depths, Phendrana Drifts, and The Caverns of Maridia in a somewhat seasonal procession, all while interpolating the Rite of Spring to the best of my abilities.

Who knows what will actually make sense structurally and thematically, but thankfully the Rite of Spring is a massive and diverse piece of music, so there's lots to pick and pull.

Endless_Serpentshemmelight