As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] F-Zero PX - Race Finale: The Champion of F-Zero PX is...

191011121315»

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    evil_kira_laugh__animation__by_drake02-d2yjnwf.gif

I'm a bit disappointed you weren't an evil genius, @Cythraul . That would been quite the amusing narrative.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I did think about adding an information ability to the village towards the end of the signup period, to compensate for the fact that the mafia had a solid kill, but in the end left things as they were. Used on the leaders, I don't think there would have been enough time to gather substantial information, but perhaps getting lucky on other players who performed attacks, some connections could be made. It probably would have affected the start of the game, however: since ObiFett rolled number 1 on the RNG, he'd have been the one to get the ability, which would have likely affected whether or not he was voted out.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    So I'm not going to say that the village loss wasn't my fault in any way, shape or form, but I did go through the entire game only targeting villagers with my attack or vote twice.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    SLyM wrote: »
    So I'm not going to say that the village loss wasn't my fault in any way, shape or form, but I did go through the entire game only targeting villagers with my attack or vote twice.

didn't you target assuran as well?

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Eh. I bet wrong, people listened, we lost. Assuran overreached trying to frame GG in pm at one point, by telling me GG had claimed he though Egos was mafia as hell, but I wrote that off since I figured Infidel was mafia and they'd collectively talked GG into trying to win by soft-pedaling accusations.

It's not like I was even insisting that others vote GG! You could've put assuran over the top, and I'd have switched. It was that giant ball of nonsense on TA that really hurt us. Good job on constructing that to the mafia.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• SepahSepah Registered User regular
    Um. TA was mafia.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I targeted assuran with my A body C grip vehicle twice.

=(

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Sepah wrote: »
    Um. TA was mafia.

He was a dumb use of the vote today and more-than-theoretically possible to put behind Phyphor if more people had crashed him.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

Now five pages of auralynx calling everyone a dumbass.

Egos wrote: »

Nah. I'm as dumb as anyone and should've listened to you today. I'm just really confused how voting for a mafia who was still beatable with non-vote actions seemed like a good idea to anyone.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »

Nah. I'm as dumb as anyone and should've listened to you today. I'm just really confused how voting for a mafia who was still beatable with non-vote actions seemed like a good idea to anyone.

Me too

It is not somehow better to vote off a villager who is in a competitive place. That was the waste of the vote.

It is not somehow better to vote off a villager who is in a competitive place. That was the waste of the vote.

Yes, it was, except that at the time I was pretty sure GG was mafia.

Since this morning, I'd been very clear that we needed to vote out whichever of Assuran or GG was most suspicious. It's unfortunate and somewhat embarrassing that I picked the wrong one, but either had a big enough lead to drive relatively safely (thus resisting crashing) and win on points. TA didn't, so we didn't need a sure elimination on him,even if you were dead sure he was mafia, which you couldn't have been, since crash attempts reduced the victim's speed.

Tl, dr: if you didn't agree with me about GG, you should've been voting Assuran, not TA.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

going "HEY THE NICE GUY IS EVIL" is a lot easier to do in theory than in practice.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    i regret nothing. my entire plan worked exactly as i had intended. <3

also, E/B/B and max speed / standard boost every night except nights i anticipated an attack on me.

...i won one of those races with max speed / defensive boosting.

Lucedes on

Yes, it was, except that at the time I was pretty sure GG was mafia.

Since this morning, I'd been very clear that we needed to vote out whichever of Assuran or GG was most suspicious. It's unfortunate and somewhat embarrassing that I picked the wrong one, but either had a big enough lead to drive relatively safely (thus resisting crashing) and win on points. TA didn't, so we didn't need a sure elimination on him,even if you were dead sure he was mafia, which you couldn't have been, since crash attempts reduced the victim's speed.

Tl, dr: if you didn't agree with me about GG, you should've been voting Assuran, not TA.

It's understandable why it happened. I didn't peg Assuran as mafia either, after all, very few people did.

But there is still no universe where GG getting voted out, thus freeing up the mafia kill for schuss, is somehow 'better.' 3/4 of the mafia were on the GG wagon.

It's understandable, but saying the T_A bandwagon, which was accurate to the fact that he was a mafioso in the top 5, was somehow worse than the GG wagon? That is loco.

Hell, if schuss took first, pushing Assuran further down point-wise, that's a village win right there.

Regardless, it was a fun game. Thank you for running it, MrBlarney.

I can't say I contributed particularly positively towards the village winning, with my record, either.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Everything worked as we wanted it to. Once Assuran wasn't voted out, unless he crashed he couldn't lose and TA was the backup plan. Once the vote divided making it stick to GG was easy and we could have lost only to bad luck.

I want anyway to thank particoularly our 7th man: Infidel. Without him being so suspicious Assuran wouldn't have been able to fool everyone at this level...

Thanks MrBlarney for the game!

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Why didn't you believe me? I only lie to Buddha about being mafia.

edited June 2014
    Eh I didn't think you were guilty if that's worth anything,GG.
    it isn't

I should say "ultimately"

Egos on
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Assuran didn't ping mafia to me but I figured we would both die, him to the vote and I to crashing. I just was hoping I wouldn't crash when people tried.

Why didn't you believe me? I only lie to Buddha about being mafia.

You were just so nonchalant about the wagon on you that it was bizarre to me that you wouldn't be a mafia trying the opposite tactic to that adopted by MrT.

It was bound up in my firm conviction that Infidel was mafia, too. Weirdly, him voting Assuran might actually have gotten me to switch over!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Whee...
    Eliminated myself day 1 on a 1 in 12 chance.

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    Ha, I was so wrong.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Day 5 and 6 should have been focused on vote records. When you have solid data you don't need to rely on shit like "m-vibes" and psychology (which is never really reliable in the first place).

It was a tough game to figure out with no seer but theres no reason I should have been attacked. I followed the hit squad on day 1 and 2 but when I did good race wise (with nothing in boost btw) I tired to race for points on day 3. Day 4 I didn't get only orders in and couldn't change my vote due to computer issues but I had clearly tried to kill MrT with the vote before. Day 5 I followed again and attacked infidel but it was probably just me and aura attacking him unless you were talking to someone else earlier.

Anyway good game MrBlarney! Pretty cool that it came down to the wire.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    The last two days were pretty exhausting for me. I realized how badly I screwed up previously and pulled everything I could think of to stay alive. I tried to play the last two days exactly as I would if I were a villager.

Anyways, here is the mafia proboards: http://cruisetoporttown.proboards.com/board/1/general-board

One more thing:

Eh. I bet wrong, people listened, we lost. Assuran overreached trying to frame GG in pm at one point, by telling me GG had claimed he though Egos was mafia as hell, but I wrote that off since I figured Infidel was mafia and they'd collectively talked GG into trying to win by soft-pedaling accusations.

It's not like I was even insisting that others vote GG! You could've put assuran over the top, and I'd have switched. It was that giant ball of nonsense on TA that really hurt us. Good job on constructing that to the mafia.

I didn't frame GG, those were his exact words and had I actually been village, it would have cemented my vote on GG.

Assuran on
    Assuran wrote: »
    The last two days were pretty exhausting for me. I realized how badly I screwed up previously and pulled everything I could think of to stay alive. I tried to play the last two days exactly as I would if I were a villager.

Anyways, here is the mafia proboards: http://cruisetoporttown.proboards.com/board/1/general-board

Yeah, you looked fine in chat all day except for the one swipe at GG.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I feel like the voting out of QS was a pretty bizarre mistake on the village's part, as well. If we had voted out MrT that night instead, and Infidel hadn't made that last minute vote on QS so that it was more or less assumed he was mafia, things could have been quite different.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I agree that that was a really strange move by Infidel. Inactivitus would have kicked in if he'd left it alone. I'd sort of like to know why he did that, unless it was purely to sabotage his metagame, which is valid.

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I targeted assuran with my A body

:kissing_heart:

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    It's probably good that I got gang-banged on Night 2. I had some RL crap come up was unable to check in once the game started. Sorry for that MrB!

JPants wrote: »
    It's probably good that I got gang-banged on Night 2. I had some RL crap come up was unable to check in once the game started. Sorry for that MrB!

I regret that decision, but less now. And it wasn't a lot to begin with. <3

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    *sigh*

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Thanks for running this MrBlarney, had fun.

I should have known I'd die on Lightning. I always die on Lightning.

I just didn't think the mafia would have access to four fighters a mage, cleric, and two thieves.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »

I regret that decision, but less now. And it wasn't a lot to begin with. <3

I shoulda known it was you! /shakes fist
    <3

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    infidel definitely had everyone fooled.

i was convinced!