As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[assign Negotiate with terrorists=TRUE]

1121314151618»

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    ARISE THREAD, ARIIIIIIIISE

Bowe Bergdahl is to be reduced in rank, dishonorably discharged, and pay a thousand dollar fine garnished from his salary. He will receive no prison time.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/03/politics/bowe-bergdahl-sentenced/index.html

Overall that's about where I hoped his judgement would land. He's appealing the discharge but I doubt he'll have much luck with that.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I’ve not really paid much attention to these things but I’ve never heard of a DD being successfully appealed

Seems rare

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

The military judge's decision isn't what Trump wanted so here he is demonstrating his unrivaled respect for the military again.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

The military judge's decision isn't what Trump wanted so here he is demonstrating his unrivaled respect for the military again.

Man fuck you Trump. This would be insulting as a private citizen, its a huge fuck you from the CiC.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    As usual, Republican respect for the military is limited to the abstract

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

He's playing to his base, the GOP wanted Bergdahl executed.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

He's playing to his base, the GOP wanted Bergdahl executed.

Trump himself wanted him executed.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    ARISE THREAD, ARIIIIIIIISE

Bowe Bergdahl is to be reduced in rank, dishonorably discharged, and pay a thousand dollar fine garnished from his salary. He will receive no prison time.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/03/politics/bowe-bergdahl-sentenced/index.html

Overall that's about where I hoped his judgement would land. He's appealing the discharge but I doubt he'll have much luck with that.

WaPo is reporting that's actually a 10k fine - 1000 a month for 10 months

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Remember when Republicans used to attack Obama for abandoning poor Bowe Bergdahl?

Boy we've certainly come a long way since then.