Options

There's Always Money in the [The Wrestling Thread]!

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    But what about the Tittymaster, what's he going to do now.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    The SHIELD had a good run, but they should have had a more satisfying reason for them to break up.

At least now Roman and Ambrose can go on and continue to hound evil with their brand of crazy super-man justice punchies.

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Also I'm glad that wrestling is self aware enough to not have had Damien Sandow do black face.

PROGRESS!

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    So the next time Bo Dallas gets Bo-ring chants he should totally do that "yes you're right. This is Bo's Ring" promo.

It might get him over and I would be throughly amused.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    And maybe the crowd would actually start chanting "BOOOO'S RING" in the same tone, too.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    So Ambrose will probably bail on reigns after a couple of losses

Reigns isn't quite ready for singles, but he's close

I think Superman needs to pair up with a Dragon to take down everything wrong with WWE

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I don't see The Shield ending

SmackDown should be incredible

Xehalus on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I don't see The Shield ending

SmackDown should be incredible

That assumes anything of note ever happens on Smackdown.

The big developments will be saved for Raw

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Brief theory: Seth Rollins explains that he pointed the Shield at the Authority and Evolution because he knew Batista was the weak link. If he could drive Batista out, he could claim a cozy spot right at Triple H's side, which is about as secure a spot on the roster as you can get. It also, if they want to go that route, gives him the perfect opportunity to stab Triple H in the back. If they want him to be the "Architect" he needs to start scheming like a motherfucker, really.

As far as the timing...I dunno. They couldn't really do another Shield/Authority match unless they replaced Batista, and the most likely recent candidate for the Authority was Sheamus, and he just got tied up in a feud with Cesaro. And the Shield had basically won the feud, straight up, at this point. So who do they face besides Evolution? They just faced down the biggest challenge they could have and came out on top twice. It's a similar problem to the one Bryan faced: he beat the top dogs; now what? Well, they could at least throw heels at him for increasingly tough title defenses (before his neck injury). The Shield fights...groups of three dudes. And they've proven that you can't really find a group of three dudes that can stand against them, and you can even throw more than that against them, and they've come out on top. It's hard to really judge the storyline for it since it literally just started, but they've handled the Shield pretty well so far, and I doubt they're going into this without any plan.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    the thing with hhh is that his biggest downfall is his ego

and personally i think that the shield is doing some major convincing long term trickery in order to lure hhh into a false sense of security

then BOOM triple powerbomb to triple h

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    I don't ever remember a better heel turn, it was basically everything the original Batista face turn on Evolution wasn't. Roman's slow drop to his knees, the slow acknowledgement on Dean's face...it was excellent.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I mean the Shield should have lost to Evolution at Payback, but Evolution wasn't content to pin the Shield they kept on hurting them. Evolution gave the Shield too many chances to get back in the match and they took it. Seth could acknowledge that fact and use it as explanation as to why he turned on them.

• Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Is this bad news for Ambrose? Everyone predicted he would be the breakout heel of the group, while Reigns would be the breakout face.

But with Rollins as taking his place...where does that leave Dean?

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Ambrose wouldn't have worked in Evolution. And if they want him to go heel, he can handle it on his own.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    With the Ascension

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    The new tag team The AmbRose Buds

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    gonna have to ask that you leave

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    gonna have to ask that you leave

Don't be a lemon

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    gonna have to ask that you petal away on a bicycle

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    the thing with hhh is that his biggest downfall is his ego

and personally i think that the shield is doing some major convincing long term trickery in order to lure hhh into a false sense of security

then BOOM triple powerbomb to triple h

You know, that'd be a great thing to happen in a 3-on-2 losers leave town match... just saying.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    In other news literally no one cares about
    Rob Conway defeated Satoshi Kojima at the Cauliflower Alley Club Reunion in Las Vegas on Monday to regain the National Wrestling Alliance World Heavyweight Championship. Kojima had won the title from Conway at New Japan Pro Wrestling's "Wrestle Kingdom 8" event back on January 4th.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    The saddest part about that is that I firmly believe Rob Conway vs Satoshi Kojima could be a good match. However it won't have been because Conway is trapped in this weird, old-timey Memphis heel wrestler gimmick that bleeds into his ring work and just doesn't cut it at all anymore.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Rob Conway defeated Satoshi Kojima at the Cauliflower Alley Club Reunion in Las Vegas on Monday to regain the National Wrestling Alliance World Heavyweight Championship. Kojima had won the title from Conway at New Japan Pro Wrestling's "Wrestle Kingdom 8" event back on January 4th.

Holy crap, the NWA still exists?

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    How many official NWA feds are even around today after the mass exodus of 2012?

• Options

Holy crap, the NWA still exists?

Exactly

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Couldn't post last night, since I was tired as fuck. But that was a very good Raw.

I like the turn by Rollins. It was the perfect time to do it too.

• Options
    facetious wrote: »
    gonna have to ask that you petal away on a bicycle
    no.....

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Lost in all of this is the teasing of a BNB face turn last night.

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Everyone is too busy rollin rolling rollin
    tumblr_n6kpnwyajM1tt2jjyo1_500.jpg

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular

Bad News Barrett doesn't care who the bad news is for, only that it gets delivered. He is not a face or a heel. He is Bad News Barrett. That is enough.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    411Randle wrote: »

Bad News Barrett doesn't care who the bad news is for, only that it gets delivered. He is not a face or a heel. He is Bad News Barrett. That is enough.

Yeah well WWE needs more faces.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I still believe in Seth "I've hatched an evil plan or two" Rollins

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    The SHIELD had a good run, but they should have had a more satisfying reason for them to break up.

At least now Roman and Ambrose can go on and continue to hound evil with their brand of crazy super-man justice punchies.

About that...To engage in some fantasy booking as we all do. If I was calling the shots I would have stripped Bryan of the title last night and made that the reason. Seth betrays them...everyone says why, why, why on Friday and then on Monday HHH comes out with the belts and introduces your new champion Seth Rollins. HHH and Orton stand there looking all smug...pictures are taken, balloons are dropped...and then Sheild music hits....

Through the crowd they come jumping into the ring to confront Rollins, H and Orton....and then Seth blasts H with on of his shiney new belts....proving that he has just run a con on the con man.

Since that cant happen now though, I think the reason should still be the big belt. Maybe the offer him a title shot or something along those lines. It has to be a bigger prize/ reason than having to share billing with his bros.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    So, I guess we're not getting a briefcase match this year?

I don't know why they don't do two at MitB. One for the case and another for the vacated title(s). Hopefully it's not written in stone yet and they add another match for the undercard guys. Or even a Women's MitB.

• Options
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »

I don't know why they don't do two at MitB. One for the case and another for the vacated title(s). Hopefully it's not written in stone yet and they add another match for the undercard guys. Or even a Women's MitB.

Two MitB matches just dilutes the gimmick and Lord knows WWE has problems with overexposure now.

And there's a decent chance we'll see Tyler Black: WWE WH champ at the end of the month. How fucking crazy THAT would be.

• Options

Random idea: have both the belt and the briefcase hanging. First guy up gets to pick which one he wants, then once that's down, the remaining participants continue fighting for the one that's left.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Random idea: have both the belt and the briefcase hanging. First guy up gets to pick which one he wants, then once that's down, the remaining participants continue fighting for the one that's left.

Oops never mind.

wirehead26 on
This discussion has been closed.