Options

There's Always Money in the [The Wrestling Thread]!

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    So, I guess we're not getting a briefcase match this year?

I don't know why they don't do two at MitB. One for the case and another for the vacated title(s). Hopefully it's not written in stone yet and they add another match for the undercard guys. Or even a Women's MitB.

Two MitB matches just dilutes the gimmick and Lord knows WWE has problems with overexposure now.

And there's a decent chance we'll see Tyler Black: WWE WH champ at the end of the month. How fucking crazy THAT would be.

Except we won't be getting any briefcase matches if things go like everyone seems to think they will.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So, I guess we're not getting a briefcase match this year?

I don't know why they don't do two at MitB. One for the case and another for the vacated title(s). Hopefully it's not written in stone yet and they add another match for the undercard guys. Or even a Women's MitB.

Two MitB matches just dilutes the gimmick and Lord knows WWE has problems with overexposure now.

And there's a decent chance we'll see Tyler Black: WWE WH champ at the end of the month. How fucking crazy THAT would be.

Except we won't be getting any briefcase matches if things go like everyone seems to think they will.

I'm talking about Seth winning the vacant title. It's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Although I'd rather see Cesaro win.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    cesaro cashing in the briefcase actually involves him murdering a man and walking away with the belts

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    cesaro would cash in before the regular match started, kill them both, and walk away

ideally

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    So I doubt they're going to have Seth explain his actions on Smackdown. Might as well save it for Raw.

• Options
    After last night you could make a case for Rollins getting the belt for a brief time and generating heat with it.

Cesaro, not so much.

• Options
    Guess what I just found

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9z2V8nyeneQ

He was 17 at the time.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I think you guys are overestimating the end game of Rollins's turn. Orton is more likely to be champ than Seth is.

• Options
    According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.

Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.

Good luck trying to collect the money dude.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    So how likely is it that we will get a "Rise and Fall of The Shield" DVD by the end of the year?

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    According to CBC News in Canada, a judge awarded Devon Nicholson, who wrestles as Hannibal, $2.3 in damages and fees from Larry Shreeve (Abdullah the Butcher). Nicholson sued Abdullah the Butcher, claiming that he contracted Hepatitis C from him during a bloody match in Ottawa in 2007. Nicholson stated that Abdullah the Butcher bladed him without his consent during that match. Nicholson also claimed that he lost a WWE contract due to the disease. He stated he was offered a deal following a 2009 tryout camp, but that WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out he had hepatitis C.

Abdullah the Butcher has publicly denied claims that he has Hepatitis C, has 30 days to appeal the ruling.

Why, is he going to claim poverty or something? He owns two restaurants.

• Options

He may not be poor but I can almost guarantee he doesn't have 2.3 million.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Okay, so there's apparently been a subreddit of r/JohnCena for almost a year now.

It's entirely links to pictures of potato salad.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I want Dean Ambrose to walk away from all of this as a face who is confused and a little bit irritated by the idea of having people cheering for him.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Thank you for your music video MrDapper.

The saddest part of course being that I immediately recognized the bit where they argued about Wyatt masks and realized its all over now.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Guess what I just found

He was 17 at the time.

THE PRIDE OF DAVENPORT

• Options
    Guess what I just found

He was 17 at the time.

THE PRIDE OF DAVENPORT

I'm just amazed he busted out his first Phoenix Splash in his first ever match.

• Options
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Yes because every average restaurateur has 2.3 million dollars just lying around.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Absolutely beautiful, Geebs.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Animated gif awesomeness below.
    tumblr_n530plzD6F1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
  • Options
    So the Neilson rating rose pretty good this week for Raw.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

I'm so glad that someone made this, because it was my first thought after raw ended

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular

Were there any NBA or NHL matches last night?

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

You don't remember the Dear Sister skit on SNL (which was based on a similar scene from, I think, the OC)?

• Options
    Seg wrote: »

Were there any NBA or NHL matches last night?

Don't think so, and amazingly not one NBA finals game takes place on a Monday. Unless they never have, I don't know.

• Options
  • Options
    I think my favorite part of this whole thing is the guy yelling NOOOOOOO mid chair swing

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    So is the leading up to a Triple Threat TLC match or something?

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »
    *sigh* I guess it was time huh? They peaked and reached the ceiling.

Not only did the beat a trio of arguably the best faction in the last 10 years but these 3 young talents got put over huge and clean by a group of men that total 31 world championships.

Who was left after this?
    Sure another wyatts feud would be great but it wouldn't be a step up from evolution.

Sure it makes us sad but they peaked as a faction last night. If not now then when?

Hmm, did they ever beat the Wyatts?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    bad news barrett is taking the piss out of rvd on main event

• Options
    Now The Shield can break up for a couple months and do singles stuff before they're reunited by a returning Daniel Bryan to crush Evolution at Summer Slam.

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    bad news barrett is taking the piss out of rvd on main event
    bnb please leave the piss where it is

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    So Green Ant is now known as Silver Ant.

• Options
    is this like when the green ranger became the white ranger

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    i know more about power rangers than i do about chikara (?)

EzUAYcn.png
This discussion has been closed.