Options

There's Always Money in the [The Wrestling Thread]!

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »
    Florida has Bo Dallas and Roman Reigns

We also have Michael Hayes, Billy Gunn and Bray Wyatt.

Oops, Hayes was born in Florida.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Texas is where is at.

Eddie Guerrero, Shawn Michaels and Stone Cold.

And Taker. Plus Dusty Rhodes.

And Booker T. I think?

• Options
    Texas is where is at.

And Booker T. I think?

Yep. Tully Blanchard as well.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Bo Dallas got a new shirt.
    wcenqi17s2c7.png

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I grew up in Alberta, but the only big names I can think of that came from that province are Bret and Owen Hart. (I have fond memories of watching Owen Hart on Stampede Wrestling before his first go as "The Blue Blazer" it was neat seeing him show up on WWF programs after that period.)

Seg on
  • Options
    MrDapper wrote: »
    Bo Dallas got a new shirt.
    wcenqi17s2c7.png

Damn I might actually get that.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Thats a shirt I would only wear to wrestling events.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    BOLIEVE
    It's in the Game.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    It is being heavily rumored that Jun Akiyama will be named the new president of “All Japan” as of July 1, 2014. Now why I have the All Japan is quotation marks is that there appears to be a major chance in the form of a re-branding of the promotion…or in other words the start of a whole new organization.

Some back-story to what has led to this point… Nobuo Shiraishi purchases All Japan in All Japan. Then several months later in June of 2013, a power sway happens and Shiraishi names himself the new president of All Japan. Keiji Mutoh and the then former president Masayuki Uchida are completely unable to fight the change due to being in Canada with Sanada, and others, at the time. Mutoh doesn’t return to the promotion and this causes a mass exodus to occur by July 1st as more than half of the staff and roster leave All Japan to join Mutoh. Ever since then it has been a major struggle for Shiraishi to find the fan support that he needed to keep All Japan out of the red. No matter what All Japan would offer the problems would remain apparent. Even to the point where Motoko Baba, Giant Baba’s wife, would demand for the belts that her husband brought into the promotion being returned to the Baba family household. Shiraishi of course would also make it known of his plans to change some things around a bit, and that would cause more difference between the wrestlers and himself. A new president would be name earlier this year in Hirota Inoue.

Well this brings up full circle to exactly 1 year later with the announcement that a new promotion is on the horizon and is set to potentially correct all the mistakes that have been a plague to All Japan. The well now "former" President of AJPW Hirota Inoue has not been fully active at his job for sometime and due to this he has stepped down from the position as of June 1, a move made to try and dissociate Shiraishi from the main spotlight. But ultimately did not change anything. It seems after plenty of deliberation that Akiyama will be leading the charge for a new promotion to be formed out of the ashes of what All Japan was founded upon. It appears, at this time, that all the championship belts currently used in All Japan will be moving to Akiyama’s new promotion. Suwama and Masanobu Fuchi appear to be in complete favor of this new change and will be following Akiyama. The other rumored names of AJPW signed talent to be following Akiyama are as follows.. Akebono, Takao Omori, KENSO, Go Shiozaki, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Kotaro Suzuki, Atsushi Aoki, Kento Miyahara, SUSHI, and Naoya Nomura. All the freelance talent used as of late are expected to continue participating in the future as well.

There is also talk that Motoko Baba is also fully backing Akiyama’s plans to form a new promotion. Which she has shown nothing but contempt for what Shiraishi was trying to accomplish over the last year. The very first major show of the new promotion is expected to be held on July 12 at the BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM in Osaka. As they will be carrying on with all the dates that have been announced by AJPW. It shall be interesting to see how the fans might react to this major change, and if it will lead to the proper results that Akiyama desires.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    HHH is too smug for this not to maybe be an infiltration angle

but I'm not gonna hold my breath

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
  • Options
    Well shit, Delirious's dad passed away recently.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Well let's see, from Iowa we have............ well crap. Nevermind. Moving on.

Seth Rollins is from Iowa! And Big E went to the university of Iowa, but I try not to hold it against him

• Options
    Al Snow is from Iowa as well.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    sailor swayze is from kentucky

your move, every other state/province

• Options
    As best we can ascertain, this is the situation with Spike and [THAT FUCKING COMPANY]. No contract has been signed, but most likely a deal will be in place before the contract expires in October, although the official word from Spike is there is no [THAT FUCKING COMPANY] update. For Spike, they do more than 1 million viewers a week, which is above the station average and they only have a few shows that beat it. Wrestling is also a good vehicle to promote the Bellator brand. Before PPVs or big shows they can run a preview show right after Impact and get 400,000 to 500,000 viewers watching, which is something UFC no longer gets for its PPV previews. They at this point still like the idea of a wrestling, MMA and kickboxing group all on their station. It doesn’t matter to Spike that their conversion rate of viewers to customers is so low. I don’t sense them as concerned about perceived quality issues. [THAT FUCKING COMPANY] business does concern them in the sense that the cash flow problems and late pay for a property on their station is an issue if the company has problems since the Carter family is not putting much money into the product so [THAT FUCKING COMPANY] has to be self- sufficient, and there only real strong revenue stream is the Spike money. Obviously Spike wouldn’t want to sign with a group that could go out of business or have trouble delivering a new episode to them weekly. Spike has had other people in wrestling pitch to them, but not Jeff Jarrett, whose deal in exiting [THAT FUCKING COMPANY] included an agreement he wouldn’t go on Spike. [THAT FUCKING COMPANY] does assure them of 1 million viewers per week and there’s nobody else in wrestling where you could say with a guarantee that could do that other than WWE, which is obviously not an option. I’m not saying nobody else could do that, but it would be a risk to try.

The last we heard, Low Ki is scheduled to return here shortly. He had told promoters who tried to book him he was retiring a few months ago, but is now coming back. AAA is also trying to sign him for their U.S. invasion that is scheduled at this point for the fall and he has told other promoters who have talked with him that he expects to be working for [THAT FUCKING COMPANY]. He recently filmed a One Night Only X Division show in Orlando for [THAT FUCKING COMPANY]. Taryn Terrell, who returned after giving birth also at the Orlando tapings for an all-women One Night Only show, is expected to be back at the Bethlehem, PA tapings.

• Options
    "Rollins’ turn on Ambrose and Reigns was decided upon on Sunday afternoon. There was a brief tease in the post-game show after Payback, that wasn’t subtle, but didn’t exactly make people expect the turn either."

"One person close to the situation said that Vince McMahon, who was making all the decisions regarding this angle, took the same approach that he’s done many times when main eventers are injured. The situation was compared with the 2012 Hell in a Cell show where McMahon presumed John Cena would be ready to face C.M. Punk, didn’t have anything planned in case Cena’s recovery wasn’t record breaking. This led to the Ryback vs. Punk Hell in a Cell match where Punk had to win and end Ryback’s streak. While the show itself ended up a far bigger success than if Cena was healthy, Ryback was never the same as a babyface because it wasn’t the time for him to lose, and Ryback was never close to the same again. It was similar at the end of 2012 when Punk was injured and they had nothing ready for the TLC match other than do the Punk vs. Ryback ladder match on television as soon as Punk was back.

The problem is that Bryan’s rehabilitation of his right arm is going slower than anticipated. One person said that not only is he not makings gains, but he’s actually losing strength in the arm while doing rehab, which is concerning. Bryan was in Indianapolis for Raw and backstage, his situation was the most talked about thing among those in power. He was sent back to Pittsburgh to see Dr. Joseph Maroon, who did his neck surgery, to see what was wrong. Bryan will return on the 6/9 Raw for another confrontation with Stephanie.

Because of that, there was no certainty and they created the Money in the Bank backup plan because they didn’t want to do a PPV without the world title at stake. The idea is Payback had it at stake in the angle.

Nothing is definite. There is a feeling, knowing Bryan’s wanting to be in the thick of things and mental toughness, that even if it’s not the right thing for him, that he’ll wrestle on 6/29. There is tremendous real life pressure being put on him right now to be ready, whether direct or just implied.

As of right now, if Bryan doesn’t work, they will do a ladder match for the title. They are considering a second ladder match where the winner would have the briefcase, but right now they are going with the idea Bryan vs. Kane will headline."

"We can confirm that the long-term plan for the SummerSlam main event right now is Bryan vs. Lesnar for the title as one of the main events. So if/when Lesnar vs. Cesaro takes place as part of a Cesaro turn, it would be after that point."

"There is a story regarding Taichi that has gotten some mainstream pub in Japan. Taichi, who is married, had risque photos taken with another woman. In an unbelievable lack of common sense, had posted them on the Internet. When the story broke, there was a lot of speculation that he would be kicked off of the Super Juniors tournament. New Japan Chairman Naoki Sugabayashi said that Taichi could participate in the tournament but that they are investigating the situation and said that he could get a warning, a fine or even a suspension."

"Karl Anderson seems to have a lot of input now in bringing new foreigners in. Besides Adam Cole, who we’ve mentioned already, it looks like several new wrestlers from the U.S. will be debuting here in a few months."

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    Al Snow is from Iowa as well.

Ohio, actually.

• Options
    No way are they doing Lesnar/Cesaro before Bryan.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
  • Options
    "Many more seek him for unpaid cheques"

oh man

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I gotta listen to that Austin/Heyman podcast now

it's probably amazing

• Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    kentucky has the best wrestlers slash professional sports teams

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

it's probably amazing

At one point, Austin does a chummy McMahon voice, which Heyman immediately follows with a Stone Cold voice. It's better than it sounds.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Also no fucking way are they clearing Bryan to wrestle if he's not ready. I don't care how much pressure is on him.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Also no fucking way are they clearing Bryan to wrestle if he's not ready. I don't care how much pressure is on him.

Plus, does anyone really want to see him versus THE DEMON KANE again?

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options

They might as well blow off the feud.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

it's probably amazing

At one point, Austin does a chummy McMahon voice, which Heyman immediately follows with a Stone Cold voice. It's better than it sounds.

Got a link for this?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular

But the worst chicken.

Also what sports teams?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    fried chicken from kentucky is great

Kentucky Fried Chicken (tm) is bad

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I don't know about wrestlers from Illinois outside of like, CM Punk. I assume there are more out there, though.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Kentucky has the best Marvel player.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    I don't know about wrestlers from Illinois outside of like, CM Punk. I assume there are more out there, though.

Colt Cabana and Road Warrior Hawk are from Illinois

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    Kentucky has the best Marvel player.

HonzoGonzo?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Texas is where is at.

Was Taker actually born there? I always wondered, I know he is a resident now, but I dont think he was ever in a character that allowed him to be billed from his real home town even pre-Taker.

Also from the Candian list: Lance Storm if from Calgary.....Alberta,Canada. I know this because I can still recall the entire intro of the Impact Players.

Storm's official birthplace is actually Sarnia...Ontario, Canada, but I suspect it's a Jericho situation where he barely lived there.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »

But the worst chicken.

Also what sports teams?

well there's the Louisville Bats

and

ummm

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014

Kane is in the ring first. Bryan's music hits before fading back to RAGE. Bryan comes up behind Kane and levels him with a baseball bat. Proceeds to put Kane in various submissions and Kayfabe breaking Kane's ankles and arms. Kane spends the next couple months in an electric wheelchair with casts on his arms and legs.

No risk to Bryan and he keeps the belt for another month to heal.

Course if the WWE wanted the easy way out they could have just had Bryan surrender the title on the condition he is granted an immediate Money In the Bank Briefcase. He could have taken all the time he needed to heal and you only know he's back the second he cashes in and takes back what is his.

Psychotic One on
This discussion has been closed.