We're going to be adding some advertisements to the forums! If you notice any weirdness around this or spot bad/inappropriate ads, please make a thread in the bugs forum.

What would really happen if I ignore the warning on these home theater speakers?

I bought a Pioneer home theater in-a-box several years ago, and it still works fine. However, I'd like to get a new receiver that has built-in HDMI switching. I want to just hook up a new unit to the existing Pioneer speakers, but on the back of each satellite are these ominous words:
"Do not connect to any amplifier other than the one supplied with this system. Connection to any other amplifier may result in a malfunction or fire."

They're 8-ohm speakers. I'm no electrical engineer, but is there some other factor I'm missing that would prevent me from safely hooking them up to another receiver of comparable wattage that supports 8 ohms per channel?

valar-moreshellus.png
PSN:RevDrGalactus/NN:RevDrGalactus/Steam

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Nah that's horseshit.

As long as the amp is capable of driving 8 Ohm speakers (which should be every amp on the planet), and you don't try and push 650 watts through each little satellite speaker, you'll be fine.

Rderdall