Options

Giant Bomb: PUSHMO WORLD and maybe E3

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    i went outside to run and the air was hazy with smoke

there was a huge brushfire just west of where i am, near the everglades. supposedly as you get closer to the fire it gets so dark that it look like night, even at 10 in the morning

so yes, its E3 time

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Bowie is clearly Liquid Snake

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    i went outside to run and the air was hazy with smoke

there was a huge brushfire just west of where i am, near the everglades. supposedly as you get closer to the fire it gets so dark that it look like night, even at 10 in the morning

so yes, its E3 time

South florida in the summer with a brush fire

Farg: Living it up

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I tried to watch the latest unprofessional fridays in bed last night, but was banished by my wife because I couldn't stop laughing at Rorie's Tomodachi Life voice. Funny stuff this week!

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    You NEVER have to "justify" a David Bowie reference. That is the most artistically unassailable part of that game.

signature.png

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    It looks like they were named Diamond Dogs before making comrades into diamonds? Unless the burial at sea scene took place before the cremation scene and they printed out tarps for Big Boss's new squad name

I also misread those tarps as both Diamond Dongs and Diamond Droogs

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    They were called Diamond Dogs because Kojima, like any sensible human being, is a Bowie nut.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to think of a game or anime that had Bowie in it. I know he's in MGS in spirit, but I feel like he's just plain been in a show. I know Freddy Mercury was in Cromartie

fake edit: I googled 'bowie anime' and a giant bomb forum thread was the first result
    http://www.giantbomb.com/david-bowie/3040-20768/forums/holy-puppy-david-bowie-influenced-every-character--257772/

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Japan loves Freddie Mercury and Bowie

Also Ronnie I am eating Arby's right now and it is p good

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I'm trying to think of a game or anime that had Bowie in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzbKjSgvcdw

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Omikron?
    Edit: I'm a ghost!

seasleepy on
    Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    He's also in the game adaptation of Labyrinth

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    seasleepy wrote: »
    I'm a ghost!

Checking...

Nope. You just have gas. It is a common thing to get mixed up about. Happens all the time. Your bill will be in the mail shortly. We have a daily deal on PKE-recharge!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Quick someone photoshop them to be kissing!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Remember when Peace Walker had that part where you went on a date with Kaz

You think i'm exaggerating, but no.

• Options
    Oh man

How long has the GB site background been what it is

• Options
    Oh man, BBC are saying Rik Mayall has died.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    So Mario Kart 8 is amazing. Everything feels super right and super fun. The anti-grav sections are neat and going from like upside down grav to flying into water will never get old. The split screen looks and plays great too. Customizing your kart is a breeze and in like, three races everything was very comfortable. Giant bomb was being total babies about this game.

Mario Golf is also super rad. I launched a ball into the air and it turned into a bomb and then exploded and dropped straight down and then caught on fire as it did a super back spin to get me a chip in and an eagle. Like, what else could you want?

Nintendo is doing everything right right now.

Also everything in that Phantom Pain trailer, barring the Quiet ass shot, looks amazing and I am super excited for PP. I hope the release date is not too far out.

• Options
    I'm actually hoping for more gameplay from future TPP trailers

This one didn't do anything for me at all. Bunch of out of context cutscenes clips over a song for 4 minutes. Eeehhh

• Options
    The trailer was all about setting the tone for the game and I think it did a wonderful job of that.

They basically already did the gameplay trailer as far as I am concerned, and it was called ground zeroes.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    So Mario Kart 8 is amazing. Everything feels super right and super fun. The anti-grav sections are neat and going from like upside down grav to flying into water will never get old. The split screen looks and plays great too. Customizing your kart is a breeze and in like, three races everything was very comfortable. Giant bomb was being total babies about this game.

Mario Golf is also super rad. I launched a ball into the air and it turned into a bomb and then exploded and dropped straight down and then caught on fire as it did a super back spin to get me a chip in and an eagle. Like, what else could you want?

Nintendo is doing everything right right now.

Also everything in that Phantom Pain trailer, barring the Quiet ass shot, looks amazing and I am super excited for PP. I hope the release date is not too far out.

Not liking it doesn't make them babies

They had plenty of real complaints with the dumb ones

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Diarmuid wrote: »

I went to the BBC to check and then saw and article about japan resuming whale hunting.

God damn it Japan.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    David_T wrote: »
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I'm trying to think of a game or anime that had Bowie in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzbKjSgvcdw

that's scary as heck, but it reminded me of the game I was actually thinking of!

Maybe it's the same one, but It's one that I think Dave Vinny and maybe Drew were playing. It was a weird polygonal adventure game that looks similar to that one there.

edit: Yep, that's the one

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options

I went to the BBC to check and then saw and article about japan resuming whale hunting.

God damn it Japan.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27770266

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    I need to play Mario Golf more. People are talking about all this crazy shit going on while all I've experienced is regular-ass golf. Fun golf, but golf. Golf.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

He was only 56.

This sucks. His sitcoms might not have been high art, but they were hilarious.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options

God damn it Japan.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27770266

Oh I found it. I just got even sadder seeing the whale thing.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Ok so who is interested in e3 group chat? I might know a mumble server that can be used or we can make a skype call, but I can't make the skype personally because I have Skype issues

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    The trailer was all about setting the tone for the game and I think it did a wonderful job of that.

They basically already did the gameplay trailer as far as I am concerned, and it was called ground zeroes.

Then I'm really hoping for future trailers I don't have to pay substantial real world money for.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    How were they being babies about Mario Kart 8?

Is it the way that the one who reviewed it has been playing it for weeks even after the review and lauds virtually every aspect of the game aside from the battle mode?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    is that a Metal Gear REX in that hanger?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    No

The head is too different to be Rex

But it doesn't look like the original Metal Gear either.

• Options

He was only 56.

This sucks. His sitcoms might not have been high art, but they were hilarious.

The Young Ones was genuinely brilliant.

I'm not sure it's aged particularly well though.

• Options
    Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    How long will the Microsoft presser be?

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    I hope Microsoft gives Fantasia some time on stage after bonin' Harmonix by removing the Kinect from the box.

John T. Drake did a lot of "Everything's totally cool, definitely" PR after that but I have a feeling when that news came out several people in the HMX offices screamed "fuck" simultaneously.

signature.png

• Options
    Ok so who is interested in e3 group chat? I might know a mumble server that can be used or we can make a skype call, but I can't make the skype personally because I have Skype issues

This is really tempting, HMMM

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I wonder if MS would do a Fantasia/Kinect bundle.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    JohnHam wrote: »
    I hope Microsoft gives Fantasia some time on stage after bonin' Harmonix by removing the Kinect from the box.

John T. Drake did a lot of "Everything's totally cool, definitely" PR after that but I have a feeling when that news came out several people in the HMX offices screamed "fuck" simultaneously.

The tweets that came from them immediately after the announcement did not seem entirely in jest.

So yeah I have to imagine they were feeling pretty burned.

• Options
    I need to play Mario Golf more. People are talking about all this crazy shit going on while all I've experienced is regular-ass golf. Fun golf, but golf. Golf.

I am still early on but most of the crazy stuff I have found so far is through doing the challenges.

This discussion has been closed.