Options

Giant Bomb: PUSHMO WORLD and maybe E3

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    JohnHam wrote: »
    I hope Microsoft gives Fantasia some time on stage after bonin' Harmonix by removing the Kinect from the box.

John T. Drake did a lot of "Everything's totally cool, definitely" PR after that but I have a feeling when that news came out several people in the HMX offices screamed "fuck" simultaneously.
    It's pretty much the only Kinect game announced at this stage, isn't it?

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    Basically I'm annoyed that Fantasia is a $160 game, more or less. I want to play it.

A bundle would be a really cool idea though. If they included it in the Kinect-included SKU for basically free, I could be persuaded to part with money for that.

signature.png

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Is there any human worse than Dave Lang?

Also chat is up for the GB Xbox conference if you are like me and want music to run through your tv so the sound system doesn't time out

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    bg-e3-home.jpg

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Also for real check out the background on the main site

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Is there any human worse than Dave Lang?

Also chat is up for the GB Xbox conference if you are like me and want music to run through your tv so the sound system doesn't time out

Trick question- Dave Lang is no human.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    ghosted

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Basically I'm annoyed that Fantasia is a $160 game, more or less. I want to play it.

A bundle would be a really cool idea though. If they included it in the Kinect-included SKU for basically free, I could be persuaded to part with money for that.

The price of xbox+kinect+fantasia isn't changing, though. That's the one thing that hasn't changed.

captaink on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    that's Rorie in the chopper right?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

The price of xbox+kinect+fantasia isn't changing, though. That's the one thing that hasn't changed.

Well yeah but if Fantasia is the only Kinect game

Which by all accounts, it pretty much seems to be

Then buying the Kinect version is spending another hundred wing wongs solely to play Fantasia

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Well it's 12:25 am here and I have work in the morning so I am off.

Enjoy E3! I expect good summaries in the morning from you folks.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Turambar wrote: »
    that's Rorie in the chopper right?
    Rorie and a puppy, I think

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »

Well yeah but if Fantasia is the only Kinect game

Which by all accounts, it pretty much seems to be

Then buying the Kinect version is spending another hundred wing wongs solely to play Fantasia

Not really though? If you were someone who really wants to play Fantasia you were either buying $500 xbox+$60 fantasia, or now you will buy $400 xbox +$100 kinect +$60 fantasia. It's $560 either way.

• Options
    Okay, so here are two scenarios

I don't want to play Fantasia, I buy an Xbone and it costs me $400

I do want to play Fantasia, I buy an Xbone with Kinect, and Fantasia, it costs me $560

In what way am I not paying $160 to play Fantasia

• Options
    Is a separate Kinect definitely gonna be $100?

• Options
    They may drop a bundle for 500 with the kinect and fantasia

• Options
    I think it is pretty likely, worst case scenario I guess it could be a little bit more though, sure.

• Options
    I'm just saying that the price of playing Fantasia hasn't changed. Every other xbox game sort of got $100 cheaper.

• Options
    Btw Jeff and Alex are doing live stream testing now if that is your thing, sicko

• Options
    I guess that is the optimists view in this?

Like the glass isn't $100 more full, it's $100 more empty, or something.

I mean still, the price difference between playing Fantasia and not playing Fantasia is $160 whatever way you want to spin it.

• Options
    And this whole thing falls apart if there are other things to do with the Kinect

But that also seems pretty unlikely at this point

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    also, on persona q

i don't care what anyone says, that game looks rad as a last hurrah for the 3 and 4 characters and also the soundtrack is incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDDecKm1mPs&index=19&list=PLt4QXr9rUzs4XoglbxMo7YQCzCzss764s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6uhiAZ-3-A&index=17&list=PLt4QXr9rUzs4XoglbxMo7YQCzCzss764s

hahaha, "last"

• Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    They shifted the $100 burden of Kinect from their console to essentially the only compelling Kinect product.

The fact that there's a Kinect-less option means I have to justify $160 to play Fantasia, whereas before $100 of that cost is built-in.

It's a psychological difference but it matters. It matters a huge fucking amount if you're Harmonix.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    Well, you can scan in QR codes.

• Options
    Yeah.

I feel like in the future we are going to look back and see the final nail in the coffin for the kinect being Sony's price point and success.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Poor Harmonix.

Can't make a new Rock Band because no one wants to buy pricey peripherals, new game ends up with a $100 peripheral.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    I'd be super down for a Metal Gear game where the main character has to travel to different time periods.

BxW9gg1.png

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    No

The head is too different to be Rex

But it doesn't look like the original Metal Gear either.

I'm seeing a passing resemblance to a half-constructed Metal Gear 2

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    They shifted the $100 burden of Kinect from their console to essentially the only compelling Kinect product.

The fact that there's a Kinect-less option means I have to justify $160 to play Fantasia, whereas before $100 of that cost is built-in.

It's a psychological difference but it matters. It matters a huge fucking amount if you're Harmonix.

Yes this I agree with. Makes someone with a casual interest much less likely to buy it.

I just thought people were coming in with the thought "I really want to play Fantasia and it got $100 more expensive", which isn't really true.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    OK I THINK THIS MUMBLE SERVER IS COOL FOR US TO USE IF YOU WANT IN JUST LOOK AT THE DEETS DOWN HERE IN THIS SPOILER
    ADDRESS: saiyanshelter.typefrag.com
    PORT :7295
    come talk shit about video games in 20 minutes

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    David_T wrote: »
    Poor Harmonix.

Can't make a new Rock Band because no one wants to buy pricey peripherals, new game ends up with a $100 peripheral.

I'd think they could at least put out a cross-gen karaoke game using the existing RB library to tide them over

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    it's too quiet

HL3 confirmed?

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Unless... What if 1984 is an anagram for the release date??

Mgsv coming out on either august 9th or September 8th of this year BELIEVE IT

September 8 is my birthday so yes please

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    gtrmp wrote: »
    Poor Harmonix.

I'd think they could at least put out a cross-gen karaoke game using the existing RB library to tide them over
    I'm not sure they have the rights to do that.

They'd probably have to renegotiate at the very least.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    gtrmp wrote: »
    Poor Harmonix.

Any existing content would need to be relicensed to be released on a new platform. I don't know if Harmonix has that kind of money, especially considering the competition from something like SingStar that sidesteps the whole mic peripheral thing.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Aaas vinny stop eviling Jeff's voice

• Options
  • Options
    Wonder if Zack is their new producer hire or on loan from Gamespot

• Options
    On loan.

euj90n71sojo.png
This discussion has been closed.