Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Marvel] - Introducing Marvel LATER!

1464748495052»

• jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    So I totally plowed through Superior Spider-Man. It was really excellent. I've just kept going onto Amazing Spider-Man afterwards. I'll probably loop back and get the Agent Venom based on that recommendation. I may just keep going with Spidey until I get caught up. I also need to untangle where the hell I was at with Captain Marvel. I think I did the first two volumes of the DeConnick run.
    Awesome! Yeah, I was totally blown away by Superior Spider-Man. It's such a great concept that's executed really, really well.

• ChaosHatChaosHat Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    So I totally plowed through Superior Spider-Man. It was really excellent. I've just kept going onto Amazing Spider-Man afterwards. I'll probably loop back and get the Agent Venom based on that recommendation. I may just keep going with Spidey until I get caught up. I also need to untangle where the hell I was at with Captain Marvel. I think I did the first two volumes of the DeConnick run.
    Awesome! Yeah, I was totally blown away by Superior Spider-Man. It's such a great concept that's executed really, really well.

It was a really great contrast and the whole arc is so good in that basically everything Octavius is doing is actually just setting up his downfall down the line. It did a great job of just exploring the themes of what makes you who you are and can someone ever really change even after wiping the slate clean? It also did a good job of raising the stakes for actual Peter, the whole time I was thinking "oh jesus this is going to fuck all of Peter's shit up." And the emotional payoff in that last issue when Octavius puts Parker back into the driver's seat was just...wow.

I guess I should also read all of the Miles Morales stuff but that will take...forever. I pretty religiously followed Ultimate Spider-Man (most of the ultimate universe for that matter) back in the day but got busy shortly after Cataclysm.

ChaosHat.com - Twitter - Twitch Stream - Steam: ChaosHat - 3DS: 5215-0009-1949
    SC2: ChaosHat.444 ggtracker
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I second Spider-Verse. It was a fun read. I also enjoyed the Clone Conspiracy a bit. I bought the giant hard cover trade. I'd recommend that too.

Agent Venom was great (although I stopped before the last 8-10 issues) and I enjoyed Venom Space Knight as well.

I have maybe 4-5 volumes of Miles' Ultimate run and have yet to dig in after reading Ultimate Spidey YEARS ago.

Surprisingly, I do not subscribe to any Spidey comics. I don't know why. Maybe I just want to get trades of them. I know there is some Spider-geddon event coming this year, so I'm in for that I think. I'm not SUPER into the new Venom series, but lately it was pulling me back in, so we will see. I hated the Venomverse stuff. I thought it was just bleh and could've been a lot cooler. The Poisons are just...not interesting and very 90s by design.

P76aofs.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    Looking to pick up the Age of Apocalypse Omnibus but the damn thing is over $100 CAD. Would it be cheaper to try and hunt down the individual issues?

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    Reznik wrote: »
    Looking to pick up the Age of Apocalypse Omnibus but the damn thing is over $100 CAD. Would it be cheaper to try and hunt down the individual issues?
    Do you really need to own them? I'm pretty sure the entire run is on Marvel Comics Unlimited and there's a deal now where the first month is like $0.02 or something ridiculous.

• ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Reznik wrote: »
    Do you really need to own them? I'm pretty sure the entire run is on Marvel Comics Unlimited and there's a deal now where the first month is like $0.02 or something ridiculous.

Yeah I've got an active MU subscription, but I'm also trying to build a collection of 90s comics for nostalgia reasons.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Marvel just cancelled the new Vision series by Chelsea Cain after four issues were already done.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited October 10
    Read the Red Goblin trade yesterday. Meh. I guess I'll spoiler stuff since it is more recent.

I do not care about Osborn's family at all. Yea, I jumped right into the arc with no knowledge, but when I hear Green Goblin and Carnage as one, I want to see cool shit. I feel like there wasn't enough crazy, cool fights/scenes. Maybe because I trucked through it I didn't appreciate it as much? Also, what in the hell. Flash dies from a quick zap from Green Goblin?! I didn't even know he died until the funeral. I feel like that is such a shitty sendoff of one of my favorite Venoms. Like, I am fine with him dying, just make it an obvious and more memorable death.

Red Goblin, Clone Conspiracy, and Spider-Verse. Any other more recent Spidey arcs I should check out? Spider-Island? I currently sub to everything that is Spider-Geddon, so I am in on that already. I have Superior Foes of Spider-Man on my wishlist.

redfield85 on
    P76aofs.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85