As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It must be nice, it must be nice, to have Yankovic on your side

The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, OmeganautRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited March 2018 in Social Entropy++

Old OP here:
Tacky

93052F80-DAFF-4974-8065-E13A3A7DE961.jpg

B6D43E49-4E09-4AED-B088-DBE37DEE6499.jpg

BLM - ACAB
The Geek on
TallahasseerielBahamutZEROMarathonUnbrokenEvaButler For Life #1DarmakmiscellaneousinsanityEvilCakeXaquinLindsay LohanCilla BlackTasteticleSpeed RacerSkeithTankHammerGoose!WeedLordVegetaTheySlashThemBucketmanSCREECH OF THE FARGVeldrinRoyceSraphimHeadCreepsDr. FlamingoMysstSnicketysnickSaraLunasarukunmageormikeBarcardiHunterEtchwartsa5ehrenSyphyreJohnny ChopsockyCaptainNemoLord_AsmodeusASimPersonWaltTheBlackWindnukaCorehealerJoolanderSorceCambiataZonugalCurly_BraceFlatEricEtiowsaDrCongoRMS OceanicDedwrekkaLord_SnotEdith UpwardsStiltsPwnanObrienDirtyDirtyVagrantFoolproofSlacker71Albino BunnyAnialosEvigilantZilla360darunia106ThegreatcowDisruptedCapitalistfightinfilipinovalhalla130MarekCreaganToxmanwiththemachinegunstopgap

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    OH my GOD

UnbrokenEvaDarmakThe GeekTasteticleBucketmanEtchwartsLord_AsmodeusWaltTheBlackWindJoolanderZonugalEdith UpwardsStiltsPwnanObrienDirtyDirtyVagrantDHSAlbino BunnyZilla360darunia106DisruptedCapitalistCorehealer
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Glory to Arstotzka?

The GeekgtrmpSimBenCambiataEtiowsaDedwrekkaAlbino BunnyZilla360ThegreatcowDisruptedCapitalistCorehealer
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Image is red-x'd (it's probably the work filter though, not you)

But it's The Geek, so it probably has to do with either the Girl Meets World pilot, or the next Weird Al album

The GeekMr FuzzbuttBahamutZEROSkeithGoose!BucketmanMysstMr. ButtonsOlivawRhesus PositiveNaphtaliLord_AsmodeusASimPersonTheBlackWindZonugalVegemyteAnialos
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Image is red-x'd (it's probably the work filter though, not you)

But it's The Geek, so it probably has to do with either the Girl Meets World pilot, or the next Weird Al album

dang, good guess

BahamutZERO.gif
    The BetgirlUnbrokenEvaMr FuzzbuttSkeithCentipede DamascusBucketmanSimBensarukunYaYaNaphtaliLord_AsmodeusSorceZonugalDedwrekkaAnialosCorehealerstopgap
  • existexist Registered User regular
    Wow! Scottie Auks was way off when he said September in that CBB ep.

UmPiq.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I'll be goddamned

zeHjgKv.png
    The Geek
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    @Sheri and I were musing at what an impressive musician he actually is, being a completely brilliant lyricist as well as the ability to expertly play what has to be one of the most difficult instruments ever.

BucketmanDex DynamosarukunLord_AsmodeusNocrenZonugalvalhalla130
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I haven't listened to weird al for a good while but his appearances on CBB have me totally ready to check out the new one when it comes out!

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Oh hey right after my birthday

that's gonna be a treat

VRXwDW7.png
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    What is CBB?

BLM - ACAB
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Comedy bing bong, a tv show/podcast that Al has guested on a couple times
    http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-vicar-of-yanks/

This will be album number fifteen, for those of you keeping score.

Apparantly, Patton Oswalt has gotten a sneak preview.

BLM - ACAB
    TallahasseerielDevlin_DragonusBucketmanKaplarsarukunJimothyLord_AsmodeusZonugalDedwrekkaStiltsPwnanObrienAnialosZilla360darunia106
    Also, felt like reminding you that this happened a couple years ago:

BLM - ACAB
    Goose!BucketmansarukunLord_AsmodeusMagell
  • TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
    BucketmancornellLord_AsmodeusPwnanObrien
  • the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    hopefully I'll get around to listening to it within two years of release this time.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    @The Geek‌ you really ought to listen to Weird Al's appearances on Comedy Bang Bang, they're great

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I feel like this as good a time as any to remind everyone that Weird Al's YouTube is amazing

The GeekMr FuzzbuttDevlin_DragonusLord_AsmodeusCambiataLord_SnotpookaTubularLuggageAnialosdarunia106
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I wonder if he started making those short vine-like videos because of his team up with 5 Second Films?

Gvzbgul on
    Speed RacerDonovan PuppyfuckerHeadCreepsSkeithTheySlashThemCilla BlackSnorkPaperLuigi44Goose!TankHammerLord_AsmodeusBucketmanJoolanderCambiataCurly_BraceEtiowsaMaddocDedwrekkaLord_SnotStiltsOut Of ContextIloveslimesAnialosZilla360darunia106

BLM - ACAB
    TheySlashThemBucketman
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Can not wait.

Few things get me as excited as a new Weird Album.

POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANLord_AsmodeusBucketmanMagell
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I never actually listened to his last album. I will admit that the day that Bad Hair Day came out was the same day that Kiss Unplugged also was released and I totally blew off my college classes to go buy them both. I've seen him live once...I wish he'd come up to Maine more often, my son would love the show he puts on.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    weird al had a really great interview on Bullseye, people should check that out.

• SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    Weird Al's album titles are all fantastic.

sig.gif
    Speed RacerLord_AsmodeusBucketmanZonugalvagrant_winds
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Oh man I didn't realize this was a thing, and now I'm super excited

so I'd call this thread a success

The Geek
    I never actually listened to his last album. I will admit that the day that Bad Hair Day came out was the same day that Kiss Unplugged also was released and I totally blew off my college classes to go buy them both. I've seen him live once...I wish he'd come up to Maine more often, my son would love the show he puts on.

Whatever You Like and Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me are up there with some of his greatest stuff.

Running With Scissors remains his best one, though.

sig.gif
    Dex DynamoMatevCilla BlackBucketmanStiltsvagrant_winds
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am posting my incredible, high-effort OP here because it will not die to Geek's sloppy, haste-wasteful hack job.

THE VIDEOS OF AL.

RMzi5vn.jpg

DYRB76Q.jpg

U0Lh01g.jpg

(Eminem denied permission for an official video because he's butts)

rctQXWO.jpg

057IMD8.jpg

ibpv4zi.jpg

7hxzDfO.jpg

eBR5OWD.jpg

tFUNCqn.jpg

zaKMbyX.jpg

j0z7UbM.jpg

JhmjidV.jpg

crsV6dX.jpg

YL9WnCY.png
    SimBenCentipede DamascusTheySlashThemsarukunjoshofalltradesXaquinMatevfacetiousOlivawSpeed RacerCaptainNemoLord_AsmodeusMetroidZoidBucketmanJoolanderSorceZonugalStiltsOut Of ContextSmrtnikBillyIdleMs DapperAnialosEvigilantZilla360Prohassvalhalla130
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I used to find Skipper Dan incredibly depressing, until I went to Disney World and met the Skippers that worked there

they're mostly retired people who've dreamed of working at Disney their entire life, or who moved to florida after retirement and got a job working at Disney because why not

and now I can laugh at that song because I see it as ridiculous

and also I have my retirement plan in place, which is "move to florida, dispense puns to strangers whilst wearing a skipper hat"

Dex Dynamo on
    TankHammerLord_AsmodeusBucketmanpooka
    CNR is the one song I usually skip on Alpocalypse... soooometimes Another Tattoo, which is just too repetitive.

Perform This Way got dated depressingly fast but it's still a big ha I remember people making fun of Lady Gaga thing. So more like nostalgia.

sig.gif
    And yes I've considered buying Ringtone to use as a ringtone.

sig.gif
    The GeekTheySlashThemBucketmanSageinaRage
    CNR might be my favorite song from that album so hey different strokes

BucketmanMagell
    Don't disparage my OP, junior. If I wanted to make a whole dang retrospective, I would have.

You don't even know, son.

BLM - ACAB
    MysstASimPersonZonugal
    CNR is too HEY GUYS CHUCK NORRIS FACTS ARE STILL HILARIOUS IN THIS YEAR OF TWENTY ELEVEN RIGHT?

No Al not really sorry. :/

sig.gif
    Speed Racer
    SimBen wrote: »
    CNR is too HEY GUYS CHUCK NORRIS FACTS ARE STILL HILARIOUS IN THIS YEAR OF TWENTY ELEVEN RIGHT?

I feel that was kind of the point.

BLM - ACAB
    TallahasseerielASimPerson
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

fresh off the griddle

Every time I think EPRB is losing its touch they fucking kill it with something like this.

Zonugal
    The Geek wrote: »

I feel that was kind of the point.

I dunno it just felt like he was listing off a dozen of them, didn't feel all that ironic to me

there wasn't a line about how he's sick of hearing about Charles Nelson Riley or anything.

sig.gif
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

Pff.

Chuck Norris facts will always be funny in the same way that Who's on First is still funny.

Lord_AsmodeusMagell
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

fresh off the griddle

Every time I think EPRB is losing its touch they fucking kill it with something like this.

Poe Vs King was really good

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Zonugal