As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

40 Years of Weird Al

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    The contestant is not a part of this at all.

This show should be called "Famous people Hanging Out Being Hilarious".

yeah that was basically the show

it was only technically a game show in that there were random people who could potentially win prizes maybe

That might be the best show to be a contestant on.

"Would you like to sit near Hilarious Comedians while they bitch at each other for half an hour? Come be a contestant on our show!"

Didn't they also film a week of shows at once, and get progressively drunker as the shows advanced, or is that a myth?

Just more reason to want to be there.

I would love to see a modern version of match game, but part of me suspects whoever was in charge would fuck it up somehow, and maybe it's better off just being one of those "of its era" things

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

it was only technically a game show in that there were random people who could potentially win prizes maybe

"Would you like to sit near Hilarious Comedians while they bitch at each other for half an hour? Come be a contestant on our show!"

Didn't they also film a week of shows at once, and get progressively drunker as the shows advanced, or is that a myth?

I would love to see a modern version of match game, but part of me suspects whoever was in charge would fuck it up somehow, and maybe it's better off just being one of those "of its era" things

Hollywood Squares wasn't too bad when they brought back.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular

Hollywood Game Night is surprisingly fun in that vein.

• Options

true! but a lot of that was gilbert gottfried

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Closest thing is probably @ midnight but yeah I'd love to see the show come back. Used to watch old reruns on game show network every now and then, and it was great.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    rhylith wrote: »
    Used to watch old reruns on game show network every now and then, and it was great.

same here!

for a long while there gameshow network basically seemed to the match game network

just marathoning it on a daily basis

...come to think of it does game show network still exist?

TheySlashThem on
  • Options

true! but a lot of that was gilbert gottfried

He would have to be a permanent fixture of any throwback to 70s game shows, I think.

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Used to watch old reruns on game show network every now and then, and it was great.

same here!

for a long while there gameshow network basically seemed to the match game network

just marathoning it on a daily basis

...come to think of it does game show network still exist?

It does! Not as many Match Game reruns as there used to be (they've been replaced with Steve Harvey Family Feud reruns)

• Options
    can someone point me to the weird al interview people keep mentioning?

• Options
    I couldn't find it

but I found one of Weird Al "interviewing" Patrick Stewart.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    can someone point me to the weird al interview people keep mentioning?

It's an episode of the podcast bullseye

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I don't really like bullseye

But thats my fault for wanting wanting interviews to be like hour long affairs

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Okay earlier in the thread I discovered that apparently I actually had no idea who Charles Nelson Reilly actually was

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    this interview includes a lengthy segment of white and nerdy and I still can't believe how good this song is

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    It's weird how "White & Nerdy" still feels like a current, modern thing I remember jamming to like super recently

but a line is "My MySpace page is totally pimped out, got people beggin' for my top 8 spaces"

which brings me way down.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkMNOlYcpHg

The end of this video is one of the best things I have ever seen in a music video.

... I never knew all I wanted from life was to see Snoop Dogg and Psy skip joyfully down a street, but now I do

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    MySpace came back! Kind of

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Just because they keep saying it doesn't make it true

mkc.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    i uh

have spent all day wondering when the new album was going to show up already

and then i realized that june and july are not the same month

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I don't know how everyone else felt about it, but I quite enjoyed most of the stuff on The Lonely Island's Wack Album. In particular 'I Run NY'.

• Options
    Everything Lonely Island is pure gold.

• Options
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, how could I forget Semicolon

And YOLO, yeah I'm more confident about that album

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Threw It On The Ground is their best track this is the hill I will die on

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'M AN ADULT.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'M AN ADULT.

MY DAD'S NOT A PHONE

DUHHHH

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Pffffft

We're Back! is the superior Garfield sex music.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

I was thinking through the whole song "wait, that's not right... is it?"
    Then the song ended and my doubts were validated.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I like how perfectly that annoying flying word video trend matches up with that song

Also, puns about Oxnard

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I couldn't find it

but I found one of Weird Al "interviewing" Patrick Stewart.

Just once, I would love to have Al interviewing someone (and Stewart would have been perfect for this), and at the end have a 3rd camera setup to show both people there actually sitting down next to each other instead of it being a pre-recorded interview for someone else.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    'Jack Sparrow' makes me so dang happy.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Brand new pants; a very old vest

awesome items are the best

• Options
    The Lonely Island is great, but Weird Al is the king.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

I think they're pretty different beasts

Weird Al is a parodyist

Lonely Island makes original music

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Threw It On The Ground is their best track this is the hill I will die on

eeehhhh between that and Boombox

and Dreamgirl

and I Just Had Sex

fuck everything Lonely Island does is gold

sig.gif
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Listening to Alpocalapsye for the first time this morning at work - I think it was the one album of his I never owned. Super fun so far, it's one of my favorite polkas he's done - really well done. I think I had only heard two songs on it prior to today.

Worth mentioning is that no only is Al himself a really good musician, but live his band is really, really good given the bizarre mix of tunes they have to perform in one night. We saw them pretty much right after Running with Scissors came out and it was an incredibly fun night.

• Options

I think they're pretty different beasts

Weird Al is a parodyist

Lonely Island makes original music

Good point.

BahamutZERO.gif