As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

40 Years of Weird Al

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2014
    This is just weird. I guess grats to Weird Al for making the list? I personally wouldn't have chosen him, but that's more to do with his cameo being the lazy "hey it's [celebrity guest]!" walk-ons that become depressingly more commonplace as the show as the show dragged (drags?) on. Shit, maybe he's had additional cameos that weren't as bad?
    QJvXk1l.jpg

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Weird Al filming live action cartoon schtick and posting it on YouTube. Thank god we live in the good timeline.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    My wife and I went to Disneyworld last week. There's currently a poor bastard named Dan who works as a cast member on the Jungle Cruise ride. He told us were were the first people that mentioned it to him — that day. Our actual skipper even ribbed him about it as we were pulling away from the dock but I think we were the only ones in our boat who got the reference.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It's been done

BLM - ACAB
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Just a reminder that UHF is now available on Blu-ray

Got my copy in today

edited November 2014
    It's close to Ecksmas so I gotta wait to buy myself anything.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    My family got me some tickets to see Al for my birthday! It won't be until late June, but I'm stoked!

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    yeah, I just turned birthday money into an august ticket myself. *highfive*

I am being dragged to a comic convention semi-against my will because it is happening the same weekend as the Charlotte date and my wife and I decided to just make it a nerd weekend.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    Al's gonna be in Orlando in August and I've got two friends interested in going with, should be able to grab the tickets tonight

Tickets obtained!

It is worth noting that this will be my first concert

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Al puts on an amazing show

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I need to grab a ticket for the show, but I need to see if anyone else I know wants to go too.

sig.gif
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5avMlQNmzk

Weird Al playing Yoda with Jodi DiPiazza and a choir of autistic children, and it's really good!
    Night of Too Many Stars: America Comes Together for Autism Programs is hosted by Jon Stewart and raises money with NYCA (New York Collaborates for Autism) to support programs covering everything from the intensive education kids with autism need at a young age to social training for adults who want to contribute in the workplace. We've even created a "Teach the Teachers" program that helps train more teachers to work in the public school systems, for the many kids with autism who can't get into the few quality schools that can help them. Many organizations support biomedical research to study autism. Night of Too Many Stars is working to help people who live with autism now.

Attended the Charlotte stop of the tour last night. Kind of an unusual show, not a ton of stuff off the new album (was especially sad he didn't hit "My Own Eyes"). But he made up for it with two medleys that were incredible, especially the second.
    During a costume change break, we saw a bunch of clips talking about "Eat It." When the guys came back, however, they started playing Clapton's Unplugged version of "Layla" for some reason.

Turns out he was launching into an acoustic medley , which happened to start with "Eat It". Just awesome stuff.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Video is private now, and I didn't get to see it. :(

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

yeah, I just turned birthday money into an august ticket myself. *highfive*

itshappening.gif

I'm seeing him on Tuesday night!

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I'll be seeing him on the 19th!

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Just got back from the show. That was some solid awesome weird al entertainment.

Yeah, I really dug the Orlando show

Grabbed one of the navy blue tour shirts as well

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    His show in Philly was fantastic!

Between my Disneyland anniversary trip and pax this month, I don't know if I can swing a ticket when he comes to town.

BLM - ACAB
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Just got back from the show...it was pretty awesome. Apparently one of my high school friends was in the front row, big package deal...and might have gotten humped by Al at one point.

Also I was wearing my Bowling for Soup shirt, and a group stopped to take a picture with me.

uyvfOQy.png
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Also I was wearing my Bowling for Soup shirt, and a group stopped to take a picture with me.

This could possibly be the best day ever.

BLM - ACAB
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cnyErWJx_0
    Between May 12 and Oct. 9, 2015, my band and I performed 112 concerts as part of our Mandatory World Tour, and almost every show started out with a performance of my song "Tacky." As the audience watched on a giant LED screen, a camera crew would follow me as I sang the song, starting from some point outside (or deep within) the venue and eventually winding up on stage. It was always fun for us, because obviously the venues were different every night and every performance of the song was unique. We recorded about half of these performances, and I've spent the last few days editing together this little memento. Hope you like it - see if your city made the cut!
    this was a really great way to start each show, I was pretty happy I never saw it get spoiled anywhere

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    That's great. I actually thought afterwards that it must be one recorded version that they play at every show, and then he just pops out. Makes it even better to know he really did that crazy thing for every show.

uyvfOQy.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I believe he did something similar for a TV appearance

YL9WnCY.png
    I saw him at Hard Rock at Universal Studios, where it was pretty easy to tell he was actually doing it there

It was so great

• Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    I think I see my brother @Kaenneth or me at 2:27 of the video below Al's arm.

He got Al's boot in his face as he was humping the lady in front of us.

We both got splashed during Al's Kurt Cobain impression.

We were in the third row during the show at the Puyallup Fair.

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I'm happy that I instantly knew that was the Puyallup Fairgrounds.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    1:50 is the show we saw in Philly! There are signs that say "The Mann" in the background.

Bummed I wasn't able to make it to a show. Maybe he'll do another leg. He does that sometimes.

BLM - ACAB
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I knew it was live when he came here because it was pride week and they were still cleaning up after the parade behind him

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    His LA show was the first time I got to see him in concert. There were 6 year old kids singing Eat It on the shuttle from parking to the venue. It was a really good time.